• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
share.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BIG SPOILER WARNING ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since pratically everything about Resident Evil Village has been leaked and probably even more coming, I figured it should be best to have it all condensed in one thread, where we can talk about it freely.

You can find most of the leaked stuff with a quick google search. However, I'll answer here what is probably going to be the most asked questions.

What's the deal with Chris :
Chris is not evil. He has left the BSAA and went rogue. He's trying to find and kill the main villain of the game, a woman with morphing abilities. Chris has been hunting her for three years, she's extremely dangerous, and the methods he's taking to take her down is something the BSAA would never approve of. At the beginning of the game, the person he shoots isn't Mia, it's this person. Also, you play the entire later half of the game as Chris.

What's the deal with Ethan :
You play as Ethan during the first half of the game. He's then confronted by the main villain and his fate is unknown while we play as Chris. You retake control of Ethan for the final boss. He dies during the battle and ask Chris to take care of his daugther named Rose.

What's the deal with Mia :
Mia's fate is very obscure, with contradictory infos which make it seems that her fate is tied to a choice. She's been captured by Miranda before the start of the game so she's not the one who gets shot by Chris. There is a cutscene named "Chris and Mia escape by Helicopter" but she's totally absent from the ending of the game.

The main villain :
She's not Alex like most people think. Her name is Miranda and she's seemingly connected to Eveline and the Mold from RE7. She can change her appareance and transform into a huge molded dragon-like monster at the end.

Ethan's and Mia's daugther :
Her name is Rose and she's apparently/supposedly the reincarnation of Eveline. Miranda disguised herself as Mia to try to steal her but got shot by Chris. Later, she was able to steal her from Chris. The village treats Rose as some kind of godess.

The Ending :
Chris decides to retire, in order to be able to properly raise Rose as his surrogate daugther. There is a huge time skip, between 15 to 20 years. It's the late 2030s. Rose is an adult, Chris is an old man, She's visiting Ethan's grave when an agent parks nearby and she goes to him as they have a job for her. The agent jokingly calls her Eveline which makes her very angry. She then use some Wesker-style martial art against the agent before threatening him to not call her like that or she'll use a "technique/power" that even Chris doesn't even know about.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Those character designs are amazing, Bloodborne kind of amazing.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, so I don't like horror games because I'm a wimp and scared easily, but I can play horror-adjacent games like Bloodborne that looks and feels like horror but is actually an action RPG.

And I've been pretty happy to ignore the RE games because nothing they did interested me.

Then the village trailer came out and I kept thinking "Holy shit, snow mountains? Werewolves? this is giving me such blood borne vibes for some reason"

That's what currently has me interested in it, the art direction. It looks really cool. If I'm not a fan of horror, would that carry me to enjoying the game?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making the thread, should be easier to post stuff in here. Here's pics of Ethan and Mia's daughter from the ending.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, so I don't like horror games because I'm a wimp and scared easily, but I can play horror-adjacent games like Bloodborne that looks and feels like horror but is actually an action RPG.

And I've been pretty happy to ignore the RE games because nothing they did interested me.

Then the village trailer came out and I kept thinking "Holy shit, snow mountains? Werewolves? this is giving me such blood borne vibes for some reason"

That's what currently has me interested in it, the art direction. It looks really cool. If I'm not a fan of horror, would that carry me to enjoying the game?
We need to wait until the final game but I would bet it is as scary as 7.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
Since I never gonna play these most recent RE games because they are too scary, I am here for all the spoilers.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
No spoilers tags. Ok. The leader of the cult:

Ethan´s daughter after the time jump in the epilogue:

Chris:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Also, if you want my opinion..

I have no idea what the fuck Capcom is thinking with that ending. A time-jump that size basically annhilates any chance of any of the legacy character to return. Everyone is going to be pushing 60 or more. And the entire plot around Rose feels like absolute fan-fiction.
Daugther of Ethan and Mia, raised by Chris, reincarnation of Eveline with seemingly Wesker-like powers ? At this point, just call her Alice.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Meanwhile, Jill keeps waiting for someone to let her know when she's out of quarantine and can DO something worthwhile again.
jillbored.jpg

...any day now.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yea...that's not the kind of stuff I like with Resident Evil. Just doesn't sound interesting to me.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017

I wouldn't say that any resident evil game is scary, really.

Maybe the first one, but that's moreso due to me being way too young to play it when I actually did.

Resident evil 7 is full of jump scare moments.

I'd say the series is tense and atmospheric, as opposed to scary.

It's no more scarier than say Ravenholm in Half life 2.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I am actually digging this stuff. The time skip is fine. They can always do other games in between.

And you never know, maybe they will actually address some of the fan ships people are worked up on. Jill and Carlos, Leon and Ada/Claire, etc etc.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
Just want confimation on the fate of a character that was already shown in trailers:
Mia isn't actually dead, right? That would be supremely dumb.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I like Rose's design and the idea of her becoming a new protag I loathe the idea of a time-skip that large and seriously wonder wtf Capcom are even doing with the story at this point. There's been complaints for years about how often they shaft major characters like Jill, Rebecca, Sheva, Claire, Jake etc but with a time-skip possibly TWENTY YEARS past RE8 I seriously think they've given up having any of them show up again in any meaningful way.

Also I just want to say, thank fucking god they seem to be retiring Chris in this game. I am beyond sick of how much Capcom have pushed him since RE5 and I despise the fact that so many more popular characters have been pushed aside so we could have Chris appear in FOUR games in a row. Seriously, good fucking riddance to him and I hope he never comes back.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
All that stuff sounds pretty great. The timeskip doesn't matter too much since it wont stop them from making games in the missing time with fan favourites. And it gives them an opportunity for another soft reboot post timeskip if they want to continue down that road.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
What OP means with Mia. This list was part of archive 7 to 8. Our topic came about due to archive 10. It is more likely she dies but who knows. Anyway. Even more other cutscenes are out there. So 17 new ones and ones before that...?
  • Cars collide, Elena and 2F Secondary
  • Heading to Elena and the Attic_Secondary
  • Miranda killing Urien_secondary
  • Mrs. Dmitresk's Threat_Secondary
  • Mrs. Mutation in the Tower_Secondary
  • Resolve the misunderstanding with ChrisSecondary
  • Resolve the misunderstanding with Chris (second half)
  • Miranda appears and Ethan dies secondary
  • Chris edition start_secondary
  • Giant Kadu Bomb Installation_Secondary
  • Giant Kadu Bomb Installation_Director Check
  • Mia rescue_secondary
  • Confronting MirandaSecondary
  • Defeat Miranda Entrust Rose to self-destruct secondary
  • Chris and Mia _ Secondary to escape with a helicopters

Last edited by a moderator:

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017

I have no idea what the fuck Capcom is thinking with that ending. A time-jump that size basically annhilates any chance of any of the legacy character to return. Everyone is going to be pushing 60 or more. And the entire plot around Rose feels like absolute fan-fiction.
Daugther of Ethan and Mia, raised by Chris, reincarnation of Eveline with seemingly Wesker-like powers ? At this point, just call her Alice.
Also where the fuck is wesker jr in all of this....

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
All that stuff sounds pretty great. The timeskip doesn't matter too much since it wont stop them from making games in the missing time with fan favourites. And it gives them an opportunity for another soft reboot post timeskip if they want to continue down that road.

I'm honestly hoping for a full blown reboot at this point

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017

It sounds weird to me too, I wouldn't be surprised if future games retconned or ignore it so they re-use the characters.

Oct 27, 2017
You know, what if the game does actually go full multi verse like someone else said? The secondary part of the cutscenes sound suspicious.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
RIPERONI Ethan, I honestly like the guy in RE context but I guess it ain't shabby having him go through two strong (well, hopefully Village is gangbusters like 7) games and calling it quits instead of sticking around for the next decade lol

Chris with a surrogate daughter seems fitting for the guy, eternal bachelorhood, Rose Redfield bringing a end to the bloodline meme

Guess they'll have to go a hard new direction or rely on Jill in the future, though.

Oct 27, 2017
Also I just want to say, thank fucking god they seem to be retiring Chris in this game. I am beyond sick of how much Capcom have pushed him since RE5 and I despise the fact that so many more popular characters have been pushed aside so we could have Chris appear in FOUR games in a row. Seriously, good fucking riddance to him and I hope he never comes back.
Agreed AF

Replace him with Carlos or Billy Coen as the male lead of the series. Those two are way cooler.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I saw the actual screenshot of the menu that has the cutscenes with secondary on them. Capcom got lucky that no alpha build of RE8 seems to have leaked.
The latest leak also had docs and excel sheets as part of it. Some details on the multiplayer mode. The last one had the full release schedule. Ones before that explained the DLC.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly see Capcom having another Street Fighter 3 deal on their hands where the time-skip is received poorly so they just spend the next 20 years making games that conveniently never go past the ending so they can still use all the popular characters.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Man it's wild to see this is the game that follows up Resi 7, which everyone was praising for being (relatively) grounded with its story.