• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Taken from us before you were even born. Press F to pay respects and share your favorite awkward E3 moments

Konami 2010
maxresdefault.jpg

Mr. Caffeine, Ubisoft, 2011
mr-caffeine-720x720.jpg

Jesse Wellens, EA, 2017
3-needforspeed-1559791652639.jpg

Bonus E3 Win Moments

Ikumi Nakamura, Bethesda, 2019
Screen_Shot_2019_06_09_at_9.20.59_PM.0.png

Keanu Reevs, Microsoft, 2019
e813f49a-03dd-4768-8270-bcf15a857eaf-shutterstock_10299715m.jpg

Last edited:

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I've just suppressed them deep within, but I don't remember any noteworthy cringe moments from 2019 like the previous years.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
It'll still happen, don't worry.
E3 in a nutshell videos already had Nintendo and Devolver stuff, and this can work the same way if they do those "digital events".

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Disney have attempted to eradicate this from the internet, and as such it is NEVER talked about, but this moment from E3 2007, where some audience plants attempted to get a room of game journalists to sing and dance along to a High School Musical track, is to me, the absolute pinnacle.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Publisher will have to manufacture cringe in their pre recorded videos from now on...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
he played for about 2 minutes, i don't believe it soured your 5+ minute demo of Ghost of Tsushima. but i understand your side.

I think the context of those two and a half minutes of shawm solo coming after a two and a half minute banjo solo to open the show shouldn't be skipped over.

Least you didn't have to make a pilgrimage for it.

Sony-E3-2018-playstation-tent-outside.png

I feel for everyone there... but reading all of 'WHAT THE HELL IS THIS' in-person Twitter responses was the saving grace of the show.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I was at Sony's E3 Press conference where they announced The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and FFVII Remake. I was also at the PSX conference where Square announced FFVII The PC Port. The contrast in crowd reactions sure was something.

The E3 cringe moment for me was Ubisoft coming up with their own vitality sensor:

If Nintendo's doing it, it must be the next big hit. We have to do it too even if we have no idea what Nintendo has in mind and we have no ideas of our own!

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
I loved flute guy so much.

give it a read :)

nextshark.com

'Flute Guy' Who Drew Backlash at E3 for Wearing Japanese Clothes Has a Surprising Backstory

Sony’s “Flute guy” played just two minutes at this year’s E3, but he sparked an endless amount of memes and some heated discussion on social media. Reactions vary from the annoyance of gamers who just wanted to watch gameplay at the event to ridicule of the performance itself from online critics.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
E3 in the early 2010s was just full of awkward moments. Mostly because of Microsoft, EA and Ubisoft.

Microsoft in particular was just...ouch. Phil Spencer doesn't get enough credit for what he's done with the Xbox brand in the last 6 years.

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear. Like no one is making fun of the flute guy's skill. It's just there was almost no reason to bring him there other than a vain attempt to repeat the god of war orchestra moment with just one dude. That itself is the cringe moment.

They were never gonna replicate that.

Anyways that paid Bethesda crowd was good.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
THe guy playing the Japanese flute is a master musician

corneliusboots.com

Home - Cornelius Boots – Zen Shakuhachi, the living tradition 地無し尺八 Grandmaster (Dai Shihan) Koden Honyoku 古伝本曲, Composer/Creator Bamboo Blues/Gospel - Bass Shakuhachi, Taimu/wide-bore flutes and Woodwind Nature %

Shakuhachi Grandmaster; Composer; Taimu Bass Shakuhachi Composer/Performer; Founder: Black Earth Shakuhachi School; Original Nature Music; Edmund Welles: bass clarinet quartet; Woodwind Nature