• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Why did the paint on the cars vaporize first? Pretty crazy.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Is that paint vaporizing or just dust being thrown on those cars? Because it looks like paint vaporizing.

Plum

May 31, 2018
To think that we have nuclear weapons many times more powerful than that in today's arsenals...

Damn nukes are scary

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Nukes are absolutely terrifying, but living in NYC I take solace in the fact that I'll be wiped out instantly if there ever came a MAD situation. It's the people way out in the boonies that will have to deal with the real horrors.

gv5f5bm4b6zy.png

Man, the East Coast gets absolutely creamed.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
It's awe-inspiring that humans went from bows and arrows to these weapons in a few centuries. It's also awful.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Huh, that's not so bad.

I'd argue it's worse, because if you were sitting in that car you'd likely feel at least a few seconds of being burnt alive before you die. It's morbid but I'd much prefer a quick "boom and you're gone" death if I'm ever caught in a nuclear blast.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nukes are absolutely terrifying, but living in NYC I take solace in the fact that I'll be wiped out instantly if there ever came a MAD situation. It's the people way out in the boonies that will have to deal with the real horrors.

gv5f5bm4b6zy.png

Interesting those 2000 warhead scenarios in MN. One of those is targeting a nuke plant specifically. Why?

I feel fairly confident the twin cities will be forgotten in any nuclear scenario, as usual. I hope anyway.

I guess there's a national guard AF base at MSP but that kind of seems like the thing you'd forget about.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
One of the crazier ones I've seen is where they literally have people that look at the blast and then walk TOWARD it.

Like, I can't even imagine being told "Ok, we want you to walk toward this giant cloud while radiation is just falling down around you, you'll be fine!"

Notyou

Banned
Jul 31, 2018

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The dust looks like an Nvidia PhysX demo.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Scary as that is, it's always been nuclear shadows that have always caused me the most mental uncomfort.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a firm believer that any civilization that uncovers these kind of powers will eventually destroy itself. That's why the Fermi paradox exists.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Scary as that is, it's always been nuclear shadows that have always caused me the most mental uncomfort.

This is a slight reiteration of what I said above but, to me, they're perhaps the least 'awful' thing of Nuclear Weapons (if you can even say that...). The people who became nuclear shadows in Hiroshima/Nagasaki likely didn't even know something had happened, their deaths were practically instant and they wouldn't have felt a thing. If a nuclear war were to happen today we'd definitely have prior warning (so you'd know it was coming and it would be much worse in that regard) but if you were caught in the area that creates 'nuclear shadows' you would at the very least not feel anything when you died. The people outside of that area would experience seconds, minutes, hours or even days of unimaginable pain and misery before they passed.

Fuck, this is some morbid shit to be talking about right now. I need to go do something more light-hearted...

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY

gv5f5bm4b6zy.png

Okay...it's time to leave NYC.

But on topic, Those blast look terrifying. i hope in my lifetime, i never get to witness that.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
It's beautiful. It's also straight up one of the scariest man-made inventions ever - if not the.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
One of the crazier ones I've seen is where they literally have people that look at the blast and then walk TOWARD it.

Like, I can't even imagine being told "Ok, we want you to walk toward this giant cloud while radiation is just falling down around you, you'll be fine!"

They must have not been told what they were being exposed to.

I mean, damn. They're not wearing any protection whatsoever.