Oct 25, 2017
http://retro-bit.com/retrobit-announces-sega-partnership

RB_Release-Sega.png

Acknowledging the continual growth of the retro-gaming market, Retro-Bit, a premier publisher and manufacturer of classic gaming products, today announced a licensing agreement with SEGA of America to produce accessories for SEGA's gaming platforms, including but not limited to the SEGA Genesis, SEGA Saturn and SEGA Dreamcast.

The first products and concepts under the agreement include several accessories that feature the same great quality as their original Sega counterparts like the original console port, but also with modern upgrades such as a USB® port for PC compatibility and Bluetooth® wireless technology. These new products are slated to debut in the Innex booth #21023 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center during CES 2018.

Wachenroder

Oct 29, 2017
Holy crap! Its about time we got something like this.

Im wondering if they will make new high quality controllers for the actual consoles too, I really hope they do.

Either way Dreamcast in particular is extremely interesting when you consider VMU support

nded

Nov 14, 2017
When are Sega going to license a non-terrible company to make USB Saturn pads?

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
Saturn jpad is best pad of all time.

Also, since were in hypothetical dream land, Im excited for the new updated, open source, bluetooth compatible VMUS!

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
A controller shaped like an XBOX sounds very unwieldy and uncomfortable.
I think they mean the X-Box controller. Of which, the Duke and smaller XBox controllers are some of the worst ergonomic controllers on a mainstream console ever created....except for the Dreamcast. So I guess it'd still be an upgrade?

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this means they get to make clone systems instead of fucking atgames. Retro Bit's clone systems are great.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
In for wireless Saturn if it's good. Was hoping 8bitdo would get there but no signs of Sega stuff from them.

Oct 27, 2017
Dear heaven...

Please make some quality HD cables for Saturn and Dreamcast. I have VGA for DC and s Video for Saturn, but I've been itching to upgrade to a 4K TV, but very rarely do they have those outputs...

And yes, I have heard of HD Retrovision, but ordering with them is almost as difficult as doing Limited Run Games on a busy day...

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
This move feels tailor made for the Android/IOS Sega Forever programme. It will go a long way to adding value to those games as far as I'm concerned.

spool

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone familiar with Retro-Bit's stuff speculate on what products we might realistically see? Some informed guesses?

Turns out I have a Dreamcast VGA box from them, but other than that I know nothing about them.

Waxyresidude

Oct 31, 2017
A wireless Bluetooth Saturn controller has me very excited if its well produced. Fingers crossed the d-pad is rubberized.

I'm still waiting for anyone to make a solid dual analog controller with analog triggers and a d-pad modeled after the Sega Nomad's.

Deleted member 30569

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Dear heaven...

Please make some quality HD cables for Saturn and Dreamcast. I have VGA for DC and s Video for Saturn, but I've been itching to upgrade to a 4K TV, but very rarely do they have those outputs...

And yes, I have heard of HD Retrovision, but ordering with them is almost as difficult as doing Limited Run Games on a busy day...

1. Get yourself an OSSC
2. For the Saturn, ditch the S-video cable and get a SCART RGB cable instead
3. ....?
4. Profit

Oct 27, 2017
1. Get yourself an OSSC
2. For the Saturn, ditch the S-video cable and get a SCART RGB cable instead
3. ....?
4. Profit

1. Interesting device...but the price is almost the same as the TV I'm looking to pick up.
2. True, but not too many TVs in the states will use that. HDretrovision has an adapter that lets the Genesis component work on the Saturn.
3. !
4. I wish profit.

Still, thanks for the advice.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aw, read the Nintendolife news about this and they made it sound like retrobit were making new consoles, not just accessories.
Hype totally deflated, I was hoping for a Saturn or DC with HDMI:(

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just the controller? Ugh. I'd love to see a Dreamcast or Saturn Classic ala the NES Classic.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
If we get a VMU that lasts for more than 20 minutes I will flip my shit.

Even just a firmware update to not make the dead ones screech when you turn the console on would be welcome.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds great. I'm totally hoarding Saturn controllers if they turn out well.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure they already make Saturn controllers, I bought one for PC a few months ago with a Retro Bit logo stamped on and it has possibly the worst build quality of any controller I've ever bought. Even replacing everything but the main board with parts from an official Saturn pad didn't fix all the problems because the chipset is from a SNES controller, which has 1 more button than a Saturn pad, and the button they decided not to map is Start so in games like Sonic Mania you can't even pause!

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Cant say im terribly excited, their console designs are atrocious and performance is not so great. Will definitely wait for reviews before buying anything. On the plus side, they cant really make a controller worse than the original dreamcast one so that will at least be an improvement.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear heaven...

You're doing Dreamcast wrong. Get a Toro.