• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dochuge

Sep 22, 2020
Hi to all Odin 2 Users,

I just got mine and love it so far but in anticipation of the device I watched a ton of videos. I want to turn on color boost but that option is not available to me. I am on the latest firmware. Under display color settings I get a "screen enhancement" toggle that doesn't seem to do anything at all and q color I get standard and standard 2 toggles. Am I looking in the wrong area? Thanks, I want the colors to pop a little more on the device.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Hi to all Odin 2 Users,

I just got mine and love it so far but in anticipation of the device I watched a ton of videos. I want to turn on color boost but that option is not available to me. I am on the latest firmware. Under display color settings I get a "screen enhancement" toggle that doesn't seem to do anything at all and q color I get standard and standard 2 toggles. Am I looking in the wrong area? Thanks, I want the colors to pop a little more on the device.
OdinTools has a saturation option you can use to increase the vibrancy of colors.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
81qedIM.jpeg
qxYj6Y4.jpeg
A few hours ago my MM+ suddenly changed the screen in a game and now it doesn't get back to normal :(
It's like fully white and interpolated and it doesn't show black dark anymore and the viewing angle is shit now. Changing brightness doesn't do anything. Restart and booting the normal OS also not. Anyone had this happen before? :(

Edit: looks like the screen is already dying after 2 weeks? :(

IPkUbOL.jpeg

Last edited:

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
81qedIM.jpeg
qxYj6Y4.jpeg
A few hours ago my MM+ suddenly changed the screen in a game and now it doesn't get back to normal :(
It's like fully white and interpolated and it doesn't show black dark anymore and the viewing angle is shit now. Changing brightness doesn't do anything. Restart and booting the normal OS also not. Anyone had this happen before? :(

Edit: looks like the screen is already dying after 2 weeks? :(

IPkUbOL.jpeg
I've seen something a little bit like this on a ds lite when the lid reached a certain angle, I assumed it was something to do with the screen's ribbon cable but I never tried to fix it. I think you should make sure the screen's ribbon cable is properly attached. Just an idea.

Wing84

Nov 21, 2022
Do you guys/gals really enjoy playing games on these devices that feature sub 6" screens? I know it's doable, but I can't imagine playing something like a PSone RPG on that screen.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys/gals really enjoy playing games on these devices that feature sub 6" screens? I know it's doable, but I can't imagine playing something like a PSone RPG on that screen.
Bigger can be better, but I think having something that is pocket-able or close to it trumps screen size.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
You're going to get biased answers in here :), but I have a Miyoo Mini+ (3.5" screen), and I think games are perfectly playable on it. Push comes to shove, and I'd rather play on my Steam Deck OLED or Switch OLED, but the MM+ is so light/small that when I'm in a phase where I'm using it, it goes everywhere with me (which is to say within our house mainly LOL).

Guybrarian

Jun 23, 2018

LOL! I saw the RG28xx and thought "who would want that?" Apparently everyone? I also like the idea of that powkiddy vertical with a 4" screen, so clearly my tastes are not indicative of the hobby as a whole.

I'm on the fence about an odin 2 because I'm afraid the screen is too small. After using a g couds 7 inch screen, I think I need a legion go. I've been looking into slapping controllers on the sides of tablets just because I want a bigger screen. I'm an old ass man, though.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Yeah, I'm using my rg35xx h sometimes, despite also using an asus rog ally sometimes. It's just better to play older systems on the snaller handheld.
Sorry for quoting a post from a few days ago. How do you like your rg35xx H? I have an Ally and an Odin 1 and a n2DS XL with CFW, but I'm looking for something along the same size as the n2DS XL but with more power/customization options.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I think 4:3 at 4" is a decent size while remaining pocketable. I wish my RP4P screen were a little bigger, but I don't really miss the screen on my Odin Lite.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I found that playing a Tetris game that was meant for NES or SNES (forget which) was hard to see on a 3.5" screen, it was never meant for that. But games intended for the small screen like a gameboy or gba game are much more readable.

hopeblimey

Sep 23, 2023

I've beaten several literal PS1 RPGs on my Retroid Pocket 2+. Not to mention a bunch of NES and SNES ones too. I don't just consider it doable; it's amazing and doesn't feel like I'm making any big concessions in doing so.

I'm assuming you're having eye strain? In particularly prone to it due to doctor diagnosed photosensitivity, and it has never even begun to be an issue.

You probably need glasses. If you already have them then the prescription may need to be upped.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for quoting a post from a few days ago. How do you like your rg35xx H? I have an Ally and an Odin 1 and a n2DS XL with CFW, but I'm looking for something along the same size as the n2DS XL but with more power/customization options.
I like it. It's easy to put in my pocket, feels good to hold, plays most of my favourite systems (except Sega Saturn) and has way better battery life than my Ally.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I like it. It's easy to put in my pocket, feels good to hold, plays most of my favourite systems (except Sega Saturn) and has way better battery life than my Ally.
Good to hear!
Do you feel like the joystick gets in the way of the dpad at all? My dream is a handheld just like this, but with only a dpad in a comfy ergonomic center.

I really want the Anbernic Arc-S/D, but would rather have SNES face buttons. Not sure if I can get used to the Genesis style. Otherwise it seems like the perfect 4:3 handheld to me. It's just like $20-30 more than I want to spend.

(screenshot from RGC's review)
image.png

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Good to hear!
Do you feel like the joystick gets in the way of the dpad at all? My dream is a handheld just like this, but with only a dpad in a comfy ergonomic center.

I really want the Anbernic Arc-S/D, but would rather have SNES face buttons. Not sure if I can get used to the Genesis style. Otherwise it seems like the perfect 4:3 handheld to me. It's just like $20-30 more than I want to spend.

image.png

I want this as well

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen something a little bit like this on a ds lite when the lid reached a certain angle, I assumed it was something to do with the screen's ribbon cable but I never tried to fix it. I think you should make sure the screen's ribbon cable is properly attached. Just an idea.

Wow, I just tried to do it as a noob. Remove the ribbon cable on the back and put it in again and now it's fixed! Thank you so much for your help! Saved me buying a new screen from China 👍

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear!

image.png
No, I do not feel the joysticks would get in the way. And Anbernic Arc is almost perfect for me. But if it mimics a Sega Saturn controller, it needs to play Sega Saturn much better than it does. So I'm waiting for the inevitable upgrade.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
No, I do not feel the joysticks would get in the way. And Anbernic Arc is almost perfect for me. But if it mimics a Sega Saturn controller, it needs to play Sega Saturn much better than it does. So I'm waiting for the inevitable upgrade.
I doubt they will make an upgrade. It did not sell well. it's a great device that does not get much support from the community. We have some cfw but they are all a bit buggy.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt they will make an upgrade. It did not sell well. it's a great device that does not get much support from the community. We have some cfw but they are all a bit buggy.
If Anbernic want to keep up releasing a new device every other week, I don't see how that would skip that 😅

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
If they do I hope they just make it more powerful and just Android. And please keep it no sticks
Yeah I feel like that's a gap in the current landscape, is a modestly-powerful 4" 4:3 handheld with a perfect DPad in a perfect location (which would sacrifice a joystick). Basically a mashup of the Retroid Pocket 2S and the Arc. The Arc almost gets it right, it just needs a little more power. My dream would be the exact design of the Arc but with either A) a little more power to handle Saturn/Dreamcast better or B) SNES style face buttons so I'm not tempted by Saturn/Dreamcast. Keep the ergonomics too, they look perfect.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Ended up ordering the RG35XX-H.
I love the dpad and ergonomic look of the Arc-S/D, but it was $20 more than I wanted to spend and from what I read/watched, the software experience isn't great, and it's not getting much focus from the CFW creators.
The 35xx-H with Batocera looks super fun.