• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a slim carry sleeve/case for the Miyoo Mini Plus? Looking for something just to slip it in when in my bag. Doesn't have to be a hard case or proper protective. Just something to stop it from getting knocked about in my bag.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Can anyone recommend a slim carry sleeve/case for the Miyoo Mini Plus? Looking for something just to slip it in when in my bag. Doesn't have to be a hard case or proper protective. Just something to stop it from getting knocked about in my bag.
I got the Amazon-branded case for a 2.5" portable hard drive and it fit almost perfectly. It has a little elastic loop to secure the device and a little mesh pouch that fits a charging cable.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
I think I'm going to treat myself to Miyoo Mini Plus. Looks like a great little device.

I'm mainly going to be using it from Pokemon games. How easy is it to download games on it? Presumably just a case of downloading ROMs / ROM hacks onto my laptop and transferring them onto a memory card?

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I got the Amazon-branded case for a 2.5" portable hard drive and it fit almost perfectly. It has a little elastic loop to secure the device and a little mesh pouch that fits a charging cable.

Appreciate the response, so something like this?
Edit, just read over some of the customer reviews and some have specifically bought this one for the Miyoo Mini Plus :)

Last edited:

Gong

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to treat myself to Miyoo Mini Plus. Looks like a great little device.

I'm mainly going to be using it from Pokemon games. How easy is it to download games on it? Presumably just a case of downloading ROMs / ROM hacks onto my laptop and transferring them onto a memory card?

A wise choice! The MM+ is a superb little device, I love mine. I advise putting Onion OS on it immediately, Russ over on RGC has a superb guide (as always) and after I followed it, was up and running without fuss.

Oct 27, 2017

I love this hardware specific case from PlayToge on Aliexpress. Appreciate the touches like the cutout, gamepad zipper, and Miyoo logo. Not the slimmest case but the most to-spec, and can be had for cheap when they offer coupons.

Miyoo-Mini-Plus-Case-Hard-Portable-Dedicated-Case-for-Miyoo-Mini-Plus-V3-with-3-5.jpg

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I love this hardware specific case from PlayToge on Aliexpress. Appreciate the touches like the cutout, gamepad zipper, and Miyoo logo. Not the slimmest case but the most to-spec, and can be had for cheap when they offer coupons.

Miyoo-Mini-Plus-Case-Hard-Portable-Dedicated-Case-for-Miyoo-Mini-Plus-V3-with-3-5.jpg

I use this ☝️ too. Adds a lot of bulk but it's really good.

I've also used this one that I got free with the console. It's smaller, but the extra storage is way worse. I keep a couple of extra SD cards in my case so the lack of zip was annoying as things fall out when you open it.

It has the same Miyoo logo as the good case, so it'd be easy to buy by mistake.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Interested to see how the Miyoo A30 turns out. I have the original Miyoo Mini but the form factor coupled with how small the device is made the novelty of using it run out pretty fast. I think the horizontal form factor might help it a lot.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been looking at the gkd pixel for something even smaller and more durable than the miyoo mini. I enjoy finding simpler games that play well 1 handed.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Interested to see how the Miyoo A30 turns out. I have the original Miyoo Mini but the form factor coupled with how small the device is made the novelty of using it run out pretty fast. I think the horizontal form factor might help it a lot.
I have an MM+, but I'm still 99% going to get an A30 pending reviews and availability. I think it might hit the sweet spot between pocketability, power and comfort.

Russ says he'll have a review up today.

blast0rama

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
Welp, bought a MM+ last night, meaning I've now got an Anbernic 351MP, 35XX and then soon, the Miyoo Mini Plus.

Miiiiight sell the other two off? Stupid Delta release getting me back into all these old games...

Gong

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else had this happen to them when selecting Retro Arch (I'm on the RGB30), either standalone or in-game? I mean, wtf is happening?! :D

View: https://imgur.com/a/xqPA70h

Was working perfectly fine last time I used it yesterday, utterly bemused.

lcap

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else had this happen to them when selecting Retro Arch (I'm on the RGB30), either standalone or in-game? I mean, wtf is happening?! :D

I have had this issue before. I found out the OS calibrates the stick in boot time, so If you tilted the stick while turning on It could lead to this behaviour.

Restarting with the device still solved for me.

Gong

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I have had this issue before. I found out the OS calibrates the stick in boot time, so If you tilted the stick while turning on It could lead to this behaviour.

Restarting with the device still solved for me.

Ahhh, so if I'm mucking around during boot, that'll happen, huh?

I'm still going to open it up and have a check just to rule it out 100%, but yours seems the most likely cause. Thanks!

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I recently bought an RGB30 and it's pretty cool. One thing I did straightaway was update the system based on "advice" from recommended settings on a YT video. Firstly, the update changed the file structure so initially none of the ROMs showed as the platforms are no longer in the root of the folder, but now a ROMs folder. They now work.

However, I don't get Menu Music when I am browsing now. I quite liked this, but it doesn't play now :( It's turned on in the settings so maybe it's a folder structure thing again - anyone know?

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Disappointing from Miyoo. Too many caveats for me to get one, even if Onion does come one day. Maybe when a revision comes down the road I'll be interested again.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
What are the cliffnotes for the A30? Just wondering why people are so down on it.
I'll transcribe Russ's Likes/dislikes from his review:

Like: small size, face buttons, pretty good os, wifi, analog
dislike: dpad, no headphone jack, mono sound, dim screen, needs overclock to perform, which leads to warm device

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Did anyone else have a PSP Go? I wish some company would make a similar one with two analog sticks.
I did. it's a cute device but not very ergonomic. All the buttons were super flat. The "stick" was almost in the middle of the device which made using it very uncomfortable. It was a great device for playing dpad only games that didn't require too much input like jrpgs

shorodei

Feb 21, 2022
Let down by both A30 and RG28XX.

show.png

Save us MagicX, you are our only hope. Will also supposedly be less than $50.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I just received a MM+ and installed Onion, but I see no blue light filter option in Tweaks>Appearance. Any ideas?

EDIT: This was a result of the unstable OS version being more out of date than the stable OS version.

Last edited:

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México

My v1 had that while using the d-pad ocasionaly. Happened at least once per session. Have no idea if it was software or hardware related, but my v2 does not have it.

Hell Egret

Aug 19, 2022

This rarely happens for me on main menus for me after exiting a game. I suspect that it has to do with the sticks - they seem prone to dust intrusion. I blow them out like an NES cart from time to time and it seems to have helped.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
After having had my RGB30 and MM+ for about a fortnight and a week respectively and spending that time fiddling and rom-wrangling, last night I finally sat down and played some games on them.

Jesus, I love these things. I know the tech has been around for ages, and these are not even my first devices in this category, but it was magical just playing games originally running on machines where even the media was larger than this. I don't know if it's the fact that the screens are finally decent or that the controls and ergonomics are better and they don't feel like cheap disposable crap or what, but it finally feels like this type of gadget is now actually enjoyable to play.

The MM+, in particular, is so well-built it almost feels like it could have been made by a real console manufacturer. Physically, at least. The RGB30, I think, is just slightly behind because of the relatively harder edges of the device, which betray its more, shall we say, modest design pretensions. But that screen…perfection.

Software still has a way to go, but community solutions make all the difference here. The Onion OS and JELOS/Rocknix teams (as well as others for other devices) are doing the Lord's work.

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
Which model has the best screen and something not tiny. Probably a horizontal. Mainly concerned about quality with my old eyes.