• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Please give me MPT. I haven't played Prime 1 since the Gamecube days and wanna play again. Never played the Wii and Wii U versions because ew Wii and ew Wii U.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I need Trilogy soon please.

Don't make me wait another year of more.

If it's done, throw it to the fans in grief right now.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully what they pitched is closer to Prime 1/2 and not a further lurch towards full linearity that started with 3.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Give me the Trilogy. Give me! Give me!

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Release the Prime Trilogy this year or next year.

Get Mercurysteam on another 3d sidescroller set to release two years after that.

Hype the living shit out of virtual console releases once the Metroid SNES and gameboy games eventually come.

There you go. Metroid fans are happy, and the brand will still be relevant once Prime 4 comes out after 5 years

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo sit on complete games all the time so there's really no saying when Prime Trilogy will release. Could be really soon or they could keep it locked away for a year
Any examples? I remember hearing that Mario Odyssey was done like 5 months before it came out, but no idea if that was actually true.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I suppose the talent at Retro is still good to keep handling the franchise (which shouldn't be much of a surprise since the people who worked initially on MP were not able to replicate the success on their own).

Apparently the other Retro project is complete as well.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Really I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it; Retro are tried and true, and even if you would rather they take on an original project, you can't deny this'll probably end up being an excellent game now instead of something that would have pushed the series back into hibernation for another decade.

I feel like Nintendo wants Metroid to be one of their big IPs and will take whatever steps necessary to ensure that. The project isn't scrapped outright, which shows their determination to that end.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017

So overall I wonder if MPT is gonna get delayed because of all of this, which would be sad.

Also it sounds like the old development process was really bad. Metroid Prime is special because of the way all aspects of it come together so well, it would be impossible to create that effect when you've got different studios in different parts of the world creating it

This whole thing is just crazy.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Come again? That isn't normal, is it? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Why would Nintendo allow that for such a coveted game like MP4?
It's normal for many big AAA games by publishers with many worldwide studios (see: Battlefront II, Red Dead II, etc.), but not for Nintendo. And apparently, these were all third-party contractors too.

It's an interesting idea, to be sure, but evidently did not live up to the high Nintendo standards of quality. The most surprising is that they decided to test this new development strategy with Metroid? They really do not see it as an A-list franchise anymore, lol.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah MPT being on the release schedule has been basically an open secret for a while now

Wonder when they are finally going to announce / release it

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I put reportedly and Imran is a reliable source anyway but I'm not about to get in this big argument here
And "reliable sources" all said MP4 was going to be at the Game Awards... which didn't happen and we now know was in a very poor state, and is now cancelled (for that team). About as opposite from what the "reliable sources" said as it can get.

And people blamed Nintendo and Geoff for MP4 not appearing, and got mad. Because "reliable sources" were telling everyone untrue rumors that everyone took as gospel, just like this thread.

Insiders' batting average is not 0, but it's far from 1.000. Imran himself had reported that that oval-shaped "NX" was the real deal.

We can disagree about whether the rumor is solid enough to report on, but at the very least it should be clearly identified as a rumor.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh jeez. I hope MPT isn't being delayed until closer to MP4. Nintendo can't sit on MPT for years, can they?!

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I was hoping to play this soon but I'd rather them take their time with the game. Give them props for doing a video on the explanation for the delay and have no worries it's going to be a hit

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
This is good to hear. I really want the Trilogy on Switch to refresh my memory of the Prime games.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ill take more Retro Prime over more Donkey Kong but I REALLY wanted to see them do something new.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And "reliable sources" all said MP4 was going to be at the Game Awards... which didn't happen and we now know was in a very poor state, and is now cancelled (for that team). About as opposite from what the "reliable sources" said as it can get.

And people blamed Nintendo and Geoff for MP4 not appearing, and got mad. Because "reliable sources" were telling everyone untrue rumors that everyone took as gospel, just like this thread.

Insiders' batting average is not 0, but it's far from 1.000. Imran himself had reported that that oval-shaped "NX" was the real deal.

We can disagree about whether the rumor is solid enough to report on, but at the very least it should be clearly identified as a rumor.
dude stop your not helping yourself. bullshit like this is the reason there is no insiders

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
As someone who got to the very end of MP1 and got stuck at 99%, then didnt play MP2/3 and wanted to..
I NEED THIS TRILOGY!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Should add in that imran said "other metroid stuff in development". Could maybe mean something like fusion remake and metroid 5?
Didn't Samus Returns hint at some new stuff on the traditional/2D side of the series? I just assumed they've had plans for another "normal"Metroid game, as well as Prime 4.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
why the hell are they not releasing the port if its ready?!?! that sounds so dumb.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They really do not see it as an A-list franchise anymore, lol.

I disagree. If anything this tells me the opposite.

This tactic is only ever really done with games that have a very wide scope. That Nintendo was splitting development in that way tells me that the game was bigger than I expected it to be.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder what the plan is now for the MPT, you'd think announcing it along with the development update for 4 would be a good time and soften the blow.

That or just get the delay out the way and move on.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
I'd be so down for the trilogy with maybe even some updated visuals? Outside of resolution I mean.

Regardless it would make me pick up my switch again which I haven't done in a long while.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely worthy of a thread! I hope this clears up the situation at TGA for those folks who think insiders were full of it. Sounds like a reveal legitimately was in the works before Nintendo realized they weren't happy with development.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
MPT trilogy will hold me over for sure. I never played it on the Wii/Wii U because... they were on the Wii and Wii U, honestly. I'd love to play them again. It's been so, so long.

Please give me MPT. I haven't played Prime 1 since the Gamecube days and wanna play again. Never played the Wii and Wii U versions because ew Wii and ew Wii U.

Y'all are missing out. IMO Trilogy is the best way to play Metroid Prime 1 & 2.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's sounding more and more like this game was to be presented at TGS at one point, but it just wasn't coming together and what Retro showed them was better.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Trilogy comes out this year at least, next at the latest if they have another big gap in releases they want to fill

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the info!

Hope its done and not cancelled. Timing of events would make you think the project is mostly done and in its way out
The confidence of Nintendo putting the delay message out there like this gives me hope that whatever Retro was working on is done or almost done. It would be weird to give them the reins if they were having problems themselves.