Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
It felt fairly nostalgic watching all these actors catching up with each other and talking about their time with the films.
Makes me really wish I could've been apart of that production.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That was freakin' wonderful. I got a bit teary at a couple of points.

I was really glad that Sean Astin delivered his TTT speech, it's something that has crossed my mind a few times over these last few months.

Apr 19, 2018
It was amazing how well Tyler and Otto delivered their Elvish and Old English lines.

Also that last minute Bernard Hill cameo at the end. xD

Oct 26, 2017
It was amazing how well Tyler and Otto delivered their Elvish and Old English lines.

Also that last minute Bernard Hill cameo at the end. xD

For that kind of thing, there's no other way to do it than memorizing every line. And once you do, it tends to stick. I'm no actor, but I had to memorize part of Mark Anthony's speech for a school assignment twenty years ago and I still remember most of it.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll ever get a Silmarillion trilogy/series.

It'll be worth it just for The War of Wrath which undoubtedly be the climax.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if we'll ever get a Silmarillion trilogy/series.

It'll be worth it just for The War of Wrath which undoubtedly be the climax.
A TV show is the most likely of the two and that depends upon the success of Amazon's LOTR: Second Age project. If it's a critical and commercial success, Bezos will throw all the money he can to secure the rights to The Silmarillion from the Tolkien Estate. With Christopher Tolkien's passing, it seems inevitable.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A TV show is the most likely of the two and that depends upon the success of Amazon's LOTR: Second Age project. If it's a critical and commercial success, Bezos will throw all the money he can to secure the rights to The Silmarillion from the Tolkien Estate. With Christopher Tolkien's passing, it seems inevitable.

I just don't see how a series can do The War of Wrath justice even with GoT sized budget, unless Amazon really goes all out and gives that episode like a $300 million budget by itself.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I just don't see how a series can do The War of Wrath justice even with GoT sized budget, unless Amazon really goes all out and gives that episode like a $300 million budget by itself.
Bezos will fund it with the budget it deserves, after all he is guaranteed to make a profit from it.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

are we even getting the War of the Wrath?

Thought amazons series was about the second age. But oh my god......if they opened the start of the second age with the ending of the first using War of the Wrath that would be a hell of a way to blow peoples minds.

I would rather have all of the first age done though and see the rise/fall of Morgoth. The First age had amazing villains.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
are we even getting the War of the Wrath?

Thought amazons series was about the second age. But oh my god......if they opened the start of the second age with the ending of the first using War of the Wrath that would be a hell of a way to blow peoples minds.

No, the Amazon series is only about the Second Age, so Numenor and right up until the prologue battle in Fellowship.

I'm just talking about a hypothetical Silmarillion/First Age series if/when its ever made.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Watching through the trilogy again right now because of the trailer for this. I have all of the extended Blu-ray's, but only The Two Towers has the extras, so I ordered the extended DVD box set with the extras included. Can't wait to watch them all again, some of the best making of stuff I've seen, it's been years since I watched them.

Will save this for later, my wife will get a kick out of seeing the cast again, we thought the Goonies one was great.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Watching through the trilogy again right now because of the trailer for this. I have all of the extended Blu-ray's, but only The Two Towers has the extras, so I ordered the extended DVD box set with the extras included. Can't wait to watch them all again, some of the best making of stuff I've seen, it's been years since I watched them.

Will save this for later, my wife will get a kick out of seeing the cast again, we thought the Goonies one was great.
Theyre all on youtube