• Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 881 48.6%

• Total voters

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
FYI....if your hit by an enemies red arrow attack...it causes malfunctions.
There are 2 enemies in the game that can do the attack.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I mean, they're called daily challenges for a reason.

edit: I guess it can be weird if you come from gachas/GaaS/MMOs where dailies just mean things that rotate out daily, but in rougelites this is how they've always worked.
I dont have a problem with the way the daily challenges are handled in this game, but there are other games, where you can do a few test runs before you get a score (olliolli did this for example, irc)

Peace Tea

Feb 17, 2018
For anyone that died at the Biome 3 boss, is there a Stargate portal somewhere near the start of Biome 3 that takes u back to the boss area?

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
I just beat all of the biomes.

Am I in New Game+ now? Or am I still going to encounter new bosses and stuff, this is really the first Rouge-style game I have made a "full" run through. I just picked up the rocket toy after returning to the planet 64 years later. If I were to die now, would I be reset in this reality or am I booted WAY back. I have already lost a run to rest mode being a fucker.

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
On my 8th run, not only did I beat the second boss but I made it all the way to the 5th biome. God, what a rush. That third boss brought me to a sliver of health but I managed to keep trucking on. Not enjoying the 5th biome though. Everything is so tanky.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
How long do people generally kick around the first biome hoping for good shit before actually trying to make progress? I feel like I'm wasting too much time and I end up dying anyway.

pure

Jun 18, 2019
Germany
I'm getting wrecked in biome 3 by the kamikaze robots. I feel like other players find way more artifacts than me ? Whats the play for starting a new run ? Farm biome 1 and go straight to 3 ? I see people with 200% healthbars and 4+ artifacts. I'm lucky if I have 150% integrity and an astronaut figurine... Am I missing something in biome 1 ?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Reading so many people struggle against the first boss when it has such a manageable pattern and projectile spread compared to later bosses. Its going to be a real struggle if you don't get basics like that down. Maybe I'd suggest using a homing weapon or explosive weapon so you barely have to focus on aiming and just learn how to dodge and jump properly. I say that although the third biome boss kicked my ass on the first try lol.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
Ok the game took pity on me.

I have:

-One perk that reduces alt fire cooldown 3 sec on every successful reload
-One that repairs me for %5 of damage done per adrenaline level
-astronaut for revive
-2x small and large health kits and %200 suit health.

If I can't pass Biome 3 with this loadout I am pretty much uninstalling the game because it won't possibly get better than this.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Ok the game took pity on me.

I have:

-One perk that reduces alt fire cooldown 3 sec on every successful reload
-One that repairs me for %5 of damage done per adrenaline level
-astronaut for revive
-2x small and large health kits and %200 suit health.

If I can't pass Biome 3 with this loadout I am pretty much uninstalling the game because it won't possibly get better than this.
all it takes is 5 tie fighters to ruin your day 😂 good luck

My biome 3 clear I pretty much wiped to some tie fighters right at the beginning but luckily the rest of the map only had 2 rooms where with tie fighters so I was able to scrape back my health. Those things are brutal

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
i0710dX.jpg

Beat the game with 2 deaths wooo. The carbine with leech bullets and a bunch of other perks really pulled through. Great game, now I gotta collect everything...

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Hey peeps. After my firs run took me to the third biome. I kinda started doing experimental runs and I've been banking nearly all my OOBS into Ethers or whatever they're called. The ones that stay with you after your run. I have about 40 Ethers and I'm not sure if that's like an insane amount or not lol.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting wrecked in biome 3 by the kamikaze robots. I feel like other players find way more artifacts than me ? Whats the play for starting a new run ? Farm biome 1 and go straight to 3 ? I see people with 200% healthbars and 4+ artifacts. I'm lucky if I have 150% integrity and an astronaut figurine... Am I missing something in biome 1 ?
Honestly I'm the same lol. I don't seem to get many great items and I'm usually really hesitant with picking up possible malignancies. That being said, I'm on biome 5 now - so it's definitely doable even without getting crazy health increases and having several artifacts :P

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
all it takes is 5 tie fighters to ruin your day 😂 good luck

My biome 3 clear I pretty much wiped to some tie fighters right at the beginning but luckily the rest of the map only had 2 rooms where with tie fighters so I was able to scrape back my health. Those things are brutal

God I hate those things so much!

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Hey peeps. After my firs run took me to the third biome. I kinda started doing experimental runs and I've been banking nearly all my OOBS into Ethers or whatever they're called. The ones that stay with you after your run. I have about 40 Ethers and I'm not sure if that's like an insane amount or not lol.
I also hoarded them until good runs. It capped me at 30, turns the number yellowish.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For anyone that died at the Biome 3 boss, is there a Stargate portal somewhere near the start of Biome 3 that takes u back to the boss area?

If you went all the way up to power up the beam you'll get to him pretty fast! I did it second try.

But mind you, and this is a general advice:do the whole deal, biome one fully, biome two 2/3 at least... Then go to biome three with a shorter distance to tower.

Took me hour and a half of smart decisions, health up to 256% and low integrity fix parasite that saved my ass.
Astronaut always helps.Integrity up and defense up always helps.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I really want to get some leech perks on a run. I'm in the 5th biome and have yet to see any of them.
I wonder if the randomization is a little broken. It feels like I keep seeing the same things over and over again while others see completely different perks.

Also, did anyone figure out what's in Helios' cargo bay? On the ship it says there's something in the cargo bay that should be removed. I'm guessing the cargo bay is behind the locked door in your ship? That warning seems too mysterious for it to just be some flavor text.

May 27, 2020
So 28 deaths on the first biome in this game finally kinda clicked for me when I followed the advice to focus on avoiding bullets first and accuracy second. Doing this I managed to actually make it to the first boss (!) and took him down to the last quarter of health before he got me with his swipe. I seem to be moving through the mobs a lot better now so hopefully I'll get him next run.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Got to the second biome boss and beat him on my first attempt (not my first death, heh), didn't even need the astronaut.

Rolled up all the way to the third biome boss, he beat me and I don't even feel bad. I had no idea what was going on there it just looked like a giant light show.

Are there any short cuts to get to the third biome? It's a long walk, heh.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Got to the second biome boss and beat him on my first attempt (not my first death, heh), didn't even need the astronaut.

Rolled up all the way to the third biome boss, he beat me and I don't even feel bad. I had no idea what was going on there it just looked like a giant light show.

Are there any short cuts to get to the third biome? It's a long walk, heh.
That long bridge room with a gap in it you can grapple over straight to the third biome

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this game. I just got hit with the can't use translocator bug. Tried restarting the game and it's still not fixed. Had a bad run of crashes and bugs. Not going to play this again unless there's a patch.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The game is relatively front loaded imo, somehow i feel like it gets much more manageable later on. and that grenade launcher really rips...

there should be a tower mode where you try to reach the highest floor with random enemy combinations...it would be killer.

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
managed to roll credits after 27 deaths and 18 hours. really fuckin awesome game, probably one of my favorites ever already.

I think I'm gonna go for then platinum but it does seem pretty damn luck based. I hope down the line we get like a repeatable score attack mode that is separate from the daily challenge too.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
That long bridge room with a gap in it you can grapple over straight to the third biome

Oh wait, that's what that is for? That's amazing! I always wondered why I couldn't do anything in there, even though I had the grappling hook, but I never went in there after beating the third boss, because I beat it on my first real attempt.

Speaking of...
My boss tally so far:

First boss: First attempt
Second boss: 4th attempt (two of which were ill-prepared, direct to boss runs)
Third boss: first attempt
Fouth boss: first attempt

For some reason the atmosphere of the third biome was the scariest for me so far.

Last edited:

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I'm going to try and explain my biome three win run for folks who were, like me yesterday, completely down after another draining but ultimately unsuccessful run.

Biome One:

Biome one bores you by now? Well, tough luck, you got to do it all the way, you got to get that snowball running somewhere. Plus, game is superfun and addictive to play so make sure it's a brand new day and you're regenerated and pumped enough, it's a hour and a half task. (+/-)

Your goals for biome one should be:

-prioritising health up purchases
-prioritising health up pickups
-prioritising finding astronaut figurine (if available at shop)
-grind if you don't have enough money, teleport back and fort, go to blue doors only and make sure you know where the skip forward to biome two and three doors are
-Do NOT go straight to biome three after getting your health to 115-120-130%, instead go to biome two after getting at least two three solid artifacts and healths/defense/profficiency ups
-Parasites are tricky, if you find a low integrity fix one, with a solid malignance like damage from fall or acid pool after enemy's death - TAKE IT, for the love of god, it might save your run (!)

Biome Two:

Alright, this is mostly chill now and you know it. Temples are all wide areas, keep your distance, explore A LOT, sidetrack A LOT (basically all of the blue doors are a must).

-Do not go for the drop down surprise rooms (!) Larger OP enemies down there can fuck up your run if you don't have a solid enough gun or your luck is down (!)
-Try to find a solid 7-8-9 profficiency gun with fast projectiles that do DAMAGE OVER TIME. Once you find that, don't ever look back. I killed Nemesis with an eight and refused to pick up 10-13 profficiency pistols and grenade launchers because they weren't as good in the long run; bigger is not always, ahem, better
-You can grind a lot before the temple here but if by temple skip portal you feel like, shit, this run is going pretty good for me right now - go even further, snowball that beautiful beastie into something even more powerful
-Don't risk malignant chest if you don't have to, go for Moderate risks, save your Ether to Copy your progress further down the level, just in case

Biome Three:

Alright, now for the final push. Basically - DON'T FUCK IT UP. It's been an hour of your hard grinding, you're starting to feel tense but you can do this, I believe in you!

Play it safe. Safe distance, smaller risks, health up, health up until at least 200% (or more, way more, always more).

-Tie Fighters are now just a minor to moderate danger, fuck em up with dmg over time from a distance, use your cooldown advantages... Basically no enemy in biome three can touch you greatly by now, you got this! If, somehow, by now you're not a beast, explore even more in three, but essentially what you got to do here is go for the tower shortcut asap, do your best there and then go for the boss.
-If you're not at full health, with astro figure and at least one health item, use teleport and GET THERE, you need those to win this (!)
-Use whatever is left of your focus and tactic to play it safely here and finally BEAT THE FUCKER

Good luck! ;)

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I know I can clean up stuff with ether or use it with the machine at the beginning of the run. Is there any other reasons I should be saving those? Kinda tempted to just dump them in the machine right now?

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
I just beat all of the biomes.

Am I in New Game+ now? Or am I still going to encounter new bosses and stuff, this is really the first Rouge-style game I have made a "full" run through. I just picked up the rocket toy after returning to the planet 64 years later. If I were to die now, would I be reset in this reality or am I booted WAY back. I have already lost a run to rest mode being a fucker.
You are in the second part of the game