• Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 881 48.6%

• Total voters

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
It's so good in biome 1 too. You can pretty much "one-shot" those fuckin bats with it (they die to the poison but still)
Thats the best part, you can shoot once and move to the next target while moving and if they are grouped up they all get the DoT splash lol.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yup its a process idk, I dont even consider myself *That* good at games and I think just me doing that and running around like I'm about to lose my life has been very helpful lmao. Unless I'm underestimating myself lol.
giphy.gif

Completely forgot as well that I'll have unlocked the daily challenge, so looking forward to trying them as well now 👍

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does suit repair efficiency influence? What does the "doubles suit repair efficiency" consumable effectively do?

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
"the game was updated while in rest mode. Updated game was closed "

Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck yo fuck you fuck you Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck yo fuck you fuck you Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck yo fuck you fuck you Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck yo fuck you fuck youFuck you fuck you fuck you fuck yo fuck you fuck you Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck yo fuck you fuck youFuck you fuck you fuck you fuck yo fuck you fuck you Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck yo fuck you fuck you

Fuck you x 1000000

Fuck. 2 hours gone.

Nice.
First thing I do when setting up the console is disable all auto-updates. If you ever plan on using Rest mode for anything, it's a must.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I've been thinking of comboing that boost heal with the instant adrenalin *5 item while having the heal per dmg/adrenalin artifact. i could see it fully healing if you did dmg to a boss and were able to not get hit too quickly. in order to do this i'd need 3 slots as the last one would carry my large heals.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, how much you heal per item.
When you pick up health or use a consumable to repair integrity, the amount of integrity repaired is boosted
Boosts healing, so works on items that heal you or if you have items that heal you automatically.
Thanks y'all :) that's what I assumed but wasn't sure.

Anyone have any tips on the second phase of the second boss?

eek

Oct 26, 2017
What happens when you have the max number of parasites and you try to pick another one up? 🤔

Stick around the edge because the dive bomb ribbon starts in the center. Dash forward through it. You really want to be dashing forward through all the ribbon phases but you can jump over them too if you time it well.

Oct 28, 2017
Question about the 20th Century House Key

I get to keep the key, I haven't beaten Biome 1 yet, can I ever return to get another statue? Every time I go back it says Unaccessible

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Worry about dodging when they move like a jet fighter. Then concentrate on your footwork when they land and move and keep some distance. Phase 3 pretty much just have to keep dancing around the orbs and watch out for the waves.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What happens when you have the max number of parasites and you try to pick another one up? 🤔

Stick around the edge because the dive bomb ribbon starts in the center. Dash forward through it. You really want to be dashing forward through all the ribbon phases but you can jump over them too if you time it well.
Sweet, thanks! Gonna give it another go, it was the ribbons that messed me up.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Question about the 20th Century House Key

I get to keep the key, I haven't beaten Biome 1 yet, can I ever return to get another statue? Every time I go back it says Unaccessible

after I beat the stage 1 boss, I got to go in again, but did not get another statue. The statues are often available as a purchase in the room with the 4 or 5 fabricators though.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Got on a really lucky run and after I killed the first boss, I kept going all the way and killed the third.
It honestly felt like I had a cheese build, 300% health, full parasite with downsides I didn't care about, full inventory of items, lots of life leech, damage increase, protection etc.

The worst thing? Worrying about a crash, or having to stop and put in rest mode with the updates etc.
Crashing scared me more than dying by an enemy! Fuck, this feature truly keeps you on edge.

After boss 3.....
I thought I finished the game here and was disappointed but oh yeah so...that happens....

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
E0epi4AWUAM-M_x

I just finally beat biome 2 and died part of the way into biome 3. Look at how much time I've spent so far just to get to this point. I see people being like "I beat the game" and this screen shows like 3 deaths. Not me, lol.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Electropylon Driver is a beast once you get to know it better. Difficult to master for sure but worth it. Imo it's one of the best boss weapons, and weapons in general, after you unlock it.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
E0epi4AWUAM-M_x

I just finally beat biome 2 and died part of the way into biome 3. Look at how much time I've spent so far just to get to this point. I see people being like "I beat the game" and this screen shows like 3 deaths. Not me, lol.

Nothing to be ashamed of, actually most people will finish biome three around twenty hours mark. I got there at 20. Currently in five with 22.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the final boss on my lunch break. Acts 1 and 2 took me 27 hours. What a ride. Easily GOTY so far and I don't see anything currently announced taking that spot. Ending was wild.

So am I right in interpreting the whole thing as just a delusion of Selene? Some kind of purgatory? Not sure what to make of it.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Exactly this. Every single biome is a run. From beginning to its end. The biome in between is just just short cut or you get a few things. Yes you can play for hours and go 1-6.
but really its just biome 1. End.Then you can die if you want. Biome 2. End. Then you can die If you want. Biome 3. End. Then you can die if you want.

Seems to me the most they anticipated someone playing was just for like an hour or 2 at a time. I think the no save thing wouldn't have stung as bad if they made a Cinematic death transition between biomes, but they wanted to allow players to be able to run through everything at once If they so choose. So kind of stuck in. Rock and hard place there. I think the mid run single save option somewhere will fix it, even if its a temp save state that disappears When you re-open the game.
I think it's quite cool that you can do it all in one. Adds an extra layer to the game for speedrunners or people who want an extra challenge. But yeah that's not how they intend an average player to experience it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I think it's quite cool that you can do it all in one. Adds an extra layer to the game for speedrunners or people who want an extra challenge. But yeah that's not how they intend an average player to experience it.
I agree. people are all playing this like speed runners when reality is really one biome at a time and you can dip out lol. Esp after what the did after act 1 it became pretty clear lol.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Don't know if I'm imagining thinks but more protection % seems pretty good when getting hit.
I still find so many new items every run and combining them with parasites is interesting.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if I'm imagining thinks but more protection % seems pretty good when getting hit.
I still find so many new items every run and combining them with parasites is interesting.
protection % is probably the best upgrade you can get other than the healing weapon mods

and yeah parasites are fun; my favorite bonus room is the one with a walkway and then just a shitload of purple pods on the outside. you end up with so many parasites / resin

also that 25% chance to not consume a consumable is soo good. add RNG to your RNG run 😂

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I agree. people are all playing this like speed runners when reality is really one biome at a time and you can dip out lol. Esp after what the did after act 1 it became pretty clear lol.
every time i'm not patient i die
every time i'm cocky i die

taking my time is how i beat the 2nd boss first try
being cocky led me to not trying the 3rd boss and going into a option area then dying heh

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
every time i'm not patient i die
every time i'm cocky i die

taking my time is how i beat the 2nd boss first try
being cocky led me to not trying the 3rd boss and going into a option area then dying heh
Yuuuup. If I have a goal to get to the boss I dont even fuck with the Star rooms, those are just a biome challege in disguise.

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the second boss. Had to use a astronaut but whatever. Beating bosses in this game are like a full body, heart pounding experiences omg. The thrill of beating these bosses is amazing. There are issues for sure, but man Returnal is making a good case for early goty for me

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
What does suit repair efficiency influence? What does the "doubles suit repair efficiency" consumable effectively do?

Believe you pop it before gaining any health and it will double the gain. So if you are about to say pick up multiple HP items in a cleared room, activate the item first and you can get topped off pretty quick, plus once maxed those others will add to your total pool upgrade.

Also can work well with certain parasites or whatnot that make currency heal you, or melee kills, etc... Pop it during combat and you can potentially get topped off fast after kills with that build.

Basically you get 60s of double healing values.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Just started my download for this! I'm pretty excited as I've seen nothing but praise for this game. Any tips I should know before starting?

Here are some things the game doesn't explain that I failed to notice for several hours:
•You can heal by sleeping at your ship.
•Weapon perks that are unlocked by use are saved between runs, so unlocking them is very worth it.
•You can heal! By sleeping at your ship! It's free!
•If the game feels too fundamentally difficult, try putting Aim Assist to high; it's the only thing you can really do to adjust the difficulty.
•Also setting the game to always-sprint helps to avoid some controller clunkiness.
•You can actually heal, by sleeping at your ship! As much as you want!
•Pick up the health boosts even if you're at full health; they'll expand your health bar. In fact, when you get serious about a boss run, you'll want to pick them up ONLY when you're at full health.
•You can get back to full health by healing at your ship! It never tells you, but you can just do that!
•The whole malfunction system is just not worth it. If you've progressed enough that you'd be upset to ruin your run, stop picking up things that carry a risk of malfunction.
•You don't need to wait for an upgrade to open those stone gate things. There's a hidden switch you can shoot somewhere near them.
•Save a few chests for later so you can open them before the boss to get better weapons based on your increased weapon proficiency.
•Especially hard non-boss enemies in biome 1? The answer is melee. (Once you unlock it.)
•You don't need to hoard ether for later biomes; after biome 2 you unlock daily challenges that are an easy way to get it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized my Defeat Phrike trophy didn't pop last night. Argh. Hopefully you can fight them again to hopefully get these to trigger...