• Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 881 48.6%

• Total voters

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well, made it to biome 3, I think I made it far there and then these 2 big mini boss robots popped up in an area full of lasers and a weird layout and destroyed me… I'll try again tomorrow.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
After 3 dats stuck on this sob, I finally beat the third boss. For anyone who's having trouble here's what I did:

- Grint biome 1, then grind most of 2.
- make sure to buy health and the max integrity boost in biome 1. If the astronaut is available, grab him too.
- make sure to grab a rotgland lobber. Mine had 4 bonus damage, 3 charge boost, and 2 splash radius in addition to explosive and durable rot. It also had shockstream, but that couldn't reach the boss.

Hopefully that helps people. Good luck!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Well, made it to biome 3, I think I made it far there and then these 2 big mini boss robots popped up in an area full of lasers and a weird layout and destroyed me… I'll try again tomorrow.
Those guys suck, but the key is to use the grapple points to put distance between you and the robots. If you can lure one away so you can handle it one on one, that's for the best.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Just beat Phrike. Made it to the second Biome, etc. Challenge mode still isn't unlocked. Anyone know why? The console is still red and there's no prompt to activate it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Those guys suck, but the key is to use the grapple points to put distance between you and the robots. If you can lure one away so you can handle it one on one, that's for the best.
Yeah, but damn this was like a tower full of laser obstacles so it was kind of weird to navigate around during combat. Shit caught me off guard because I wasn't expecting combat like that until I was done with the obstacles :(

Nov 19, 2019
Rolled credits. Really love the story. (still need to dive into Act 3, but I basically get it at this point)

This game has such and absolutely unique character. I'm so glad it exists, and wonder if we'll ever see anything like it again.

How did it take us this long to get to the "mom-ening" of games?!

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
Update drops tomorrow at 12PM PST, so turn off auto updates, disconnect from the internet (which could screw up trophies), or hop back in before then. :)
thanks for the heads up!

is biome 4 a fresh start the first time? Will I lose any part of that run by quitting if it's immediately after clearing biome 3?

Vini

Oct 28, 2017
5WunLai.gif

My favorite alt fire so far. Not the best in every situation, but it feels so good to use.
Mine too

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any reason to wait until you have a bigger health pool to increase it by 25% or does it calculate retroactively as you get more HP?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to go from biome 3 to biome 6 in one run to roll credits on one ending. The Rot gun is incredible! Got to appreciate the Hollowseeker in the run as well. Stand by the pistol being meh to okay and the shotgun being absolute garbage when movement and distance are so key to managing health.

Fantastic game! Can't wait to play more. I remember playing a bunch of Resogun early in the life of the PS4 and now Returnal early in the life of the PS5, bravo team Housemarque!
hate how common it sounds to go through later biomes in a single run. I hope I have a good amount of difficulty cuz I dont want it to be too easy lol

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to wait until you have a bigger health pool to increase it by 25% or does it calculate retroactively as you get more HP?
I'm inclined to think it's just a one time 25% boost because you can buy it multiple times, unlike all the other artifacts. I always leave it for last after collecting all the resin in the level.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Accidentally picked up a "take damage when picking up items" parasite that has essentially fucked my run. Lol

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm inclined to think it's just a one time 25% boost because you can buy it multiple times, unlike all the other artifacts. I always leave it for last after collecting all the resin in the level.
I just realized that integrity is shown in your status screen, so it probably just increases that by 25. I don't think you have to wait.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that integrity is shown in your status screen, so it probably just increases that by 25. I don't think you have to wait.
Hmm, maybe you're right. I still like purchasing all the offense and defense artifacts first and then saving that for last. It's annoying to fill up a larger health bar taking multiple naps in the ship, lol.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
If the first biome allows you to just let you heal to full after any encounter by returning to your ship, why not just restore HP to full after each encounter? Save us all some time. And if that's a no-go, why not make the sleeping animation go faster? And why doesn't sleeping heal you to full HP if your life is low? There's nothing stopping the player from sleeping multiple times in a row!

I wouldn't even bother with that tedious bullshit if the health pickups didn't switch to max HP boosters when you're at full health. The design of the first biome incentivizes boredom :(

edit: They should also have a teleporter in the room with your crashed ship.

Or just get rid of the sleeping = heal mechanic entirely. I don't like it. It doesn't mesh well with the game design and it just extends run length needlessly.

It's a crutch to make the first biome easier while you learn the game. Not that complex.

If you're abusing it to the point of boredom that's on you.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

It's not a one time boost, but its an "augment" and treated differently than artifacts. You can stack it but suit integrity maxes out at 300%.

The defense augment works the same way. You can increase defense repeatedly though i haven't found the max there yet.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the first biome allows you to just let you heal to full after any encounter by returning to your ship, why not just restore HP to full after each encounter? Save us all some time. And if that's a no-go, why not make the sleeping animation go faster? And why doesn't sleeping heal you to full HP if your life is low? There's nothing stopping the player from sleeping multiple times in a row!

I wouldn't even bother with that tedious bullshit if the health pickups didn't switch to max HP boosters when you're at full health. The design of the first biome incentivizes boredom :(

edit: They should also have a teleporter in the room with your crashed ship.

Or just get rid of the sleeping = heal mechanic entirely. I don't like it. It doesn't mesh well with the game design and it just extends run length needlessly.
The animations and time sink is the punishment for relying on the ship to save your run (which I often do).

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not a one time boost, but its an "augment" and treated differently than artifacts. You can stack it but suit integrity maxes out at 300%.

The defense augment works the same way. You can increase defense repeatedly though i haven't found the max there yet.
So it doesn't matter when you pick it up?
Hollowseeker through biome 3 (works wonders on rocket drones), pylon for biomes 4-6. I had like 250% health and never needed to use the astronaut because of it.
When does Pylon unlock? I thought it wasn't until Biome 5.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
So I got the true ending and just did Overgrown Ruins two times trying to complete the Survey trophy but I can't find the missing scriptures.

Anyway I just checked the activity card and it tells me that I'm at 0% complete at the survey.

Am I doing something wrong or it's a bug? Restoring licenses just in case.

Might turn off the PS5 and start it up again as well.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Been playing stuff in between but damn I keep getting wrecked with crazy lockdown rooms in the third biome after the bridge lol.

Damn the game feels good to play tho it definitely needs more room layouts

VermillionA

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
I think I'm out. I felt the game was really fair the first 2 biomes, especially in regards to how quickly you could rush through the areas to get to the boss fight. Biome 3 is just an absolute pisstake though, the bullshit lasers and fucking gundams right before the boss is fucking me off. It's incredibly difficult to make it through them without taking damage.
Okay, I take all this back. I beat the boss! And after boss 3 I didn't die again, beat the game in one sitting :)

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Had my first game crash just now an hour into my run :(
played over 20 hours before without any.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
So I got the true ending and just did Overgrown Ruins two times trying to complete the Survey trophy but I can't find the missing scriptures.

Anyway I just checked the activity card and it tells me that I'm at 0% complete at the survey.

Am I doing something wrong or it's a bug? Restoring licenses just in case.

Might turn off the PS5 and start it up again as well.

Sorted it out, was a bug. Somehow changing my suit to og and restarting run fixed it. 98%

Hopefully they'll appear on this one.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't even know the entire story only like half of it and want a movie based off this more than Uncharted

Are you ready?

Okay, here we go...

Tilda Swinton for Selene!

This game is already so near and dear to my heart that I just bough a retail copy on top of digital and won't even unpack it, want to support HQ as much as I can. Give us art book!

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, if you look in the status menu, you'll see that your health is measured in percentages. So using resin to boost your health adds 5%, buying the upgrade adds 25%. I like that they made it simple.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting my ass beat in Biome 5 consistently. I spend time to powerup in Biome 4, clearing out every room, but I can still only manage to make it to 2 or 3 rooms before I get killed. It's really getting frustrating.

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the first boss. Took a few tries and many deaths in between at different rooms. What an adrenaline rush! Beat him while in red health. I haven't had that kinda rush since Bloodborne!!

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Damn, I thought I was doing good progress, but you guys are on another level. I have like 14 hours in and I've beaten the first 4 bosses. Never been good at shooters. This game is great though. The only game in a while that when I'm not playing it, I'm thinking about it. Typically only happens to me with Soulsborne titles.

Nov 11, 2020
Gunning for the platinum, it's a bit of a slog. Not too fond of RNG trophies. I've probably already ran biomes 1-3 at least 20 times for the collectibles :(

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
Was FINALLY able to get past the 5th biodome had a lot of close calls and then had a godlike run in dome 6. Hollowseeker with portal gun 3 carried my ass. Died at the same time I beat the last boss, but thank gawd I had a moon man! I can't wait to play more but after that 5 hour run I'm good for the night, lol

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Trophy acquired! :D

Now the rest. -_-
Did you use a guide to clean up your trophies? Someone mentioned grinding for rare rooms in certain biomes because they probably have a cypher in them but that implies that there's a guide that tells you what rooms to look out for. I'd really like such a guide...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was starting to feel myself, between all my integrity and OP af Hollowseeker, then the 5th(?) boss put me in my place relatively quickly, sigh

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was starting to feel myself, between all my integrity and OP af Hollowseeker, then the 5th(?) boss put me in my place relatively quickly, sigh
That is my fear as well, that the difficulty spike right there will be quite something, only dipped my toes in biome six yesterday, it's huuuuge.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Wtf was not expecting to see credits lol....gotta be more to this?

Is the underworld (water) level Biome 5 or 6?

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
YES! just finished it.

Finished biome 6 in my first try thanks to finding an amazing rapid fire gun that randomly opens up a portal and shoots laser which absolutely melted every enemy.

What an absolutely amazing game from start to finish. Can't wait to play again and go for 100% completion.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Curious to see what the update will bring. I still got 3 days of vacation left and will definitely be playing more, likely gonna try to do the platinum.

I'd be overjoyed if Housemarque triples down on this niche they've found themselves in and we get multiple games along this line and multiplayer titles too. Hopeful Sony picks them up and helps to massively expand their team so maybe they can work on more than 1 project too. I just need more of this!