• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
It seem like a slow creeping coup. I don't see what Dems can realistically do with what they have. Biden will need to come up with some executive actions that can slow/stall it, because with the Senate as it is, nothing meaningful can be done. And they will feed the Rep narrative. And they can be challenged by the courts etc.

Executive actions and primary corrupt/idiot dems with progressives is the only way I can see things reversing - and then its a roll of the dice to get a voting act through at some point in the future. But its hard to fight the amount of money and asymmetrical fronts that hard right is pumping into this war.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
It seem like a slow creeping coup. I don't see what Dems can realistically do with what they have. Biden will need to come up with some executive actions that can slow/stall it, because with the Senate as it is, nothing meaningful can be done. And they will feed the Rep narrative. And they can be challenged by the courts etc.

Executive actions and primary corrupt/idiot dems with progressives is the only way I can see things reversing - and then its a roll of the dice to get a voting act through at some point in the future. But its hard to fight the amount of money and asymmetrical fronts that hard right is pumping into this war.

I have some hope that Dems want to push democracy reforms next year as part of their plans to make Republican authoritarianism a campaign issue, but that might just be wishful thinking. Executive action probably isn't going to it if you want meaningful reform that is likely to survive judicial review.

Oct 28, 2017
Those posts should necessitate an automatic permanent ban on this site.

I'm not sure I understand this. The post in question was obvious sarcasm.

I think they meant that, in their opinion, if the 2024 election is lost to the Republicans, black people will be used as a scape goat by other democrats, saying falsely that black voters should have voted more, when in reality they did vote or try to vote, but anti-democratic policies like in the article suppressed their votes.

So since this is obviously a very bad thing, when they say they "can't wait" they actually mean they are not looking forward to this potentially happening. If I'm wrong or I'm missing something, please correct me.

Edit: I'm sorry I misread those as these. Nevermind.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Well I for one would at least feel better if we saw dem leadership bring more of the fire and brimstone.
Call legislators out that won't defend democracy. And it must be framed that way too.
this slow moving coup should take top priority.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
What an article. We know the precedent for election theft has been set and wasn't taken seriously, so it will keep happening until something is done about it. The chilling thing about this article is that the future is being planned so that nothing can be done about it.
Shout it out and let folks know. The Democrats need a better candidate rather than Joe Biden and Kamila Harris.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Because conservative media and conservative talking points permeate across the entire political spectrum. Decades and decades of propaganda from the right has spread across the entire political spectrum and people believe even if they call themselves "centrists" or "moderates."

There are so many examples of this being true that its nauseating really.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
That should be an unconstitutional law violating the 5th and 14th amendment on the grounds of racial discrimination