• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
popcorn_2.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
But why? What could be the reason for such drastic decision? The game looks absolutely stellar and a magnum opus for Sonic Team.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
So, I guess that red metascore is all but guaranteed based on this news and the recent leaks.

How do Sonic Team consistently drop the ball?

Oct 25, 2017
Did Sonic Boom get review copies?
Though I guess it makes sense. Let die hards get it and say "it's not too bad!".
Might sell a few copies

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Wonder Woman's last minute embargo opened to 99% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm sure Sonic will have the same level of success.

lol

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Obviously they are keeping a tight grip on this so no one is spoiled.

What does the internet do if Bubsy's new game is better?

Suzushiiro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Gonna guess that between Mania and Forces when all is said and done the standard meme/troll narrative will be changed from "Sonic was never good" to "3D Sonic was never good."

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
ayyyy lmao

I went from having it preordered for Switch, to canceling thinking "I'll get it cheap somewhere for PC" to just... not wanting it at all, except maybe morbid curiosity.

I think the gameplay will be enjoyable (avatar stages aside) but eehhhh

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully the scores reflect the quality. None of the: "Well at least they tried" stuff that previous attempts got.
I ran with that during the Wii era and eventually they came up with Colors. But the quality has been going downhill again fast.
Not to mention they just released Mania (actually a good game) so there's no excuse this time if they release a pile of shit.

At this point they should just outsource Sonic to Sumo Digital or something. No need to keep Sonic Team around anymore.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this game is probably going to be shit isn't it.

At least we still got Mania this year...

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm legitimately wondering if the new bubsy game will actually score higher than this game.

Oct 28, 2017
By having less than half as many level designers as Generations? I don't know if any of Forces' level designers worked on Colors or Generations, either.

DNVEA_GUIAEmJke.jpg

Wow. This is extremely telling. I can't believe none of them worked on the preceding games either.
Despite concrete evidence, I've become completely convinced at this point that something went wrong with the project that they've been working on for several years and this was thrown together in less than two as a replacement. It's the only thing that explains it all.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when people said it looked bad on purpose and that it was self aware?

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Would reviews even change the minds of Sonic fans? They seem like a ride or die kind of group.

Oct 27, 2017
Would reviews even change the minds of Sonic fans? They seem like a ride or die kind of group.

I was about to say, there are people who still have this game pre-ordered. More power to them I guess, but at this point it really blows my mind that they're willing to put essentially blind faith in Sonic Team in the year of our Lord 2017.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Read the title of the thread and one thought popped into my mind. The reviews are going to be abysmal. The gameplay itself looks decent enough, but everything else (especially the cutscenes) looks really bad.

Bigkurz

User permanently banned at their own request.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't reallt think that's true. I think the brought a lot of fans back into the fold with mania....and they're about to lose them all again :/