Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this, but I have a feeling it's not going to review well. Hopefully there aren't any super glaring flaws with it.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hope someone will tell us (once the embargo lifts) if it has an FOV slider.

Hope they've prioritised it after Deathloop's issues.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
I wasn't feeling it at all until they had that pretty long gameplay like a month back and now I'm all in!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
im-curious-i-wonder.gif

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully everyone got their review copies at the same time instead of having to only get them a few days before release.

Anyone watch the recent Bombcast about this whole thing?

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's good but even if it's janky I'm here for tango game works. Just may not buy day 1, sadly this screams half off within a month or so. I think Deathloop was $35 in like mid October

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
2022 has no quit. Hope it reviews well, but there's like 3 other games in March alone that I wanna play (after Elden Ring) before I'd try Ghostwire.

15 days in advance seems early.
Sony-published games seem to always go out early, especially the past few years when they've started to get pretty long

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
What irks me is how multiple people from an outlet will get a copy of a game sometimes and some of them outside the main reviewer don't even play it. Meanwhile you have other outlets that don't get it until a day or so beforehand.

Are there still sites that do communal reviews, like everyone plays it, talks about it and comes up with a score?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interested in hearing more about this one. The game play demo from a while back didn't really impress as much as I'd hoped.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Are there still sites that do communal reviews, like everyone plays it, talks about it and comes up with a score?
I know in the case of Kinda Funny for example that a lot of their team members will get a code and yet some of those team members don't appear on the show where they are discussing it. I think Blessing even admitted that he played GT7 for like one race and then shut it off.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Very excited for this game but will wait until I finish Elden Ring before grabbing another PS5 game. Luckily Forspoken got delayed so nothing I'm interested in for like 6 months after Ghostwire comes out.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Pssh, another game about to be buried by Elden Ring.*

*Tweet collects 50,000 likes

Seriously though, the game looks fun and different. I hope it's good.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I usually dislike silly horror but I trust Tango, plus 15 days means they must be pretty confident about the result of their work. Great stuff!

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Loved Tango's Evil Within games so I have high hopes even if this looks very different. Don't have a PS5 so I will have to wait with playing this Xbox game. Hopefully it's a good sign that review copies are going out so early. Hasn't Bethesda had a bad habit of sending these out late? Or maybe there were just two cases of them doing that.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
Chances this is the last Bethesda produced PS5 game? I'm definitely getting it Day 1 but curious about that Indiana Jones game.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to be swayed by critical and fan impressions. So far what I've seen is the epitome of style over substance, though that style is quite striking.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Still not happy about it being a very toothless teen rated horror game but still looking forward to it given my love of both Evil Within games(1st is all time great imo)

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No! Somebody needs to stop all these games from releasing. Have mercy on our sleep schedules and our wallets.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's good but combat looked pretty dull in the previous preview. Very curious to see how reviews turn out.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Hope it's good & great single-player.

Not into first-person that much, but I could take some now & then.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hopefully turns out great, but that last gameplay footage really didn't do much for me.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I hope this game ends up surprising people because so far it's flying under the radar. I'd like to make it a purchase but I'm still on the fence with it.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for this game after the gameplay showcase last month. They seem very confident in it if they're giving out review copies this early. Hopefully it's a very fun first person action game.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Aren't games with FOV options on console in the extreme minority regardless of publisher?
They are indeed. But Wolfenstein, Deathloop at launch - these were very low FOV. Devs listened in regards to Deathloop - I'd love to see it become more standard within Bethesda-published titles where possible.

Pre-release footage for Ghostwire looks a bit low again.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think this is some mandated publisher issue but rather a decision the developers decide to do. It doesn't make any sense to just make a statement because a few Bethesda published titles have low FOV would make sweeping generalization it being a "Bethesda" problem.

The main reason why a wide majority of console games don't have a FOV option to begin with is because it also comes with the caveat of a performance impact. Most devs on console will set the FOV at what keeps the highest and most stable frame rate. When you increase the FOV you also increase the amount of objects that need to be rendered on screen.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is some mandated publisher issue but rather a decision the developers decide to do. It doesn't make any sense to just make a statement because a few Bethesda published titles have low FOV would make sweeping generalization it being a "Bethesda" problem.

The main reason why a wide majority of console games don't have a FOV option to begin with is because it also comes with the caveat of a performance impact. Most devs on console will set the FOV at what keeps the highest and most stable frame rate. When you increase the FOV you also increase the amount of objects that need to be rendered on screen.
I see.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
I think it's going to be just a decent game (70-80% rating) but I don't really care. I like the concept, the folklore and I believe it'll be fun to play.

Cookie Dough

Oct 29, 2017
Somewhat high hopes for this game, looks promising. Can't say I have high hopes for the PC version though, I think I'm conditioned to expect bad news on that front now. Going with the trend of PC releases in recent times, it'll probably be technically compromised at launch in a baffling way.

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
Tango knows how to make good games so I know it'll probably review well. I'll play it when it hits game pass next year.