bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers The Leftovers

watch the leftovers and stop complaining about lindelof, the crow was already served years ago

Oct 25, 2017
Damon Lindelof experienced a mega transformation for season 2 of the leftovers, out of nowhere he became a mediocre/pretty good showrunner to an all time great showrunner

Season 1 was a loose adaptation of the book. Seasons 2 and 3 are almost totally off the source material, but co-written with the original author.

Honestly, Season 1 of the Leftovers is his lowpoint as a showrunner.

Oct 25, 2017
Damon Lindelof experienced a mega transformation for season 2 of the leftovers, out of nowhere he became a mediocre/pretty good showrunner to an all time great showrunner

Season 1 was a loose adaptation of the book. Seasons 2 and 3 are almost totally off the source material, but co-written with the original author.

Season 1 of the Leftovers is his lowpoint, and that's the only season he's ever run that was mostly an adaptation of material.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

Honestly, Season 1 of the Leftovers is his lowpoint as a showrunner.

Even S1 gets fantastic towards the end, the flashback episode in particular is one of the best of the series.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I had no doubts. Lindelof too strong. Guy has made two of my favorite pieces of entertainment ever.

Zaryn

Oct 25, 2017
After recently binging and absolutely loving The Leftovers, I am so fucking in for this!

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Another Damon Lindelof show ? Watchmen on top of it ?

giphy.gif

Nov 1, 2017
Even S1 gets fantastic towards the end, the flashback episode in particular is one of the best of the series.

The Matt and Nora episodes are also great and clearly a product of Lindelof. The rest of the season drags because he has to adapt less interesting storylines from the book, like everything to do with Jill and Tom.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Did Era's opinion on Lindelof switch all of a sudden? I could have sworn everyone here despised him.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez the man behind Leftovers made a good show

I'm so shocked

Inb4 lost fans (I never watch lost)

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Really looking forward after those reviews.

I though it was going to be a train wreck.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
His fans are a vocal minority who think one outlier redeems a career of awful writing.
Lost was a great show for the majority of its run. It's not without flaws of course, but I don't think that one should count against him. The films he wrote are never great, but he's usually working with mediocre talent. I'm convinced Prometheus is mostly on Scott considering Alien Covenant.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic. I know everyone raves about The Leftovers but I couldn't get past the first season.

As someone who is very familiar with Watchmen-I wonder how "Viewer friendly" this will be with new audiences. My wife has never read Watchmen and she saw the movie once over 10 years ago and remembers nothing about it.
I don't blame you season 1 was a bit rough but in season 2 they completely retooled the show and it's amazing

Everyone agrees 1st season was the weakest one

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lost was a great show for the majority of its run. It's not without flaws of course, but I don't think that one should count against him. The films he wrote are never great, but he's usually working with mediocre talent. I'm convinced Prometheus is mostly on Scott considering Alien Covenant.
I really enjoyed Lost for 4 seasons. I even think season 1 holds up really well today outside of the special effects, for an ABC drama. But seasons 5 and 6 were irredeemable.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
among other things, in the show's universe, cops can't use their guns without the authorization of a dispatcher. what I've heard leads me to think that this is portrayed as a bad thing that hampers their ability to stop the white supremacist Rorschach cult, but hopefully that's not the case
I have to see the show but I could see it as being the police treating white supremacist lightly

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
among other things, in the show's universe, cops can't use their guns without the authorization of a dispatcher. what I've heard leads me to think that this is portrayed as a bad thing that hampers their ability to stop the white supremacist Rorschach cult, but hopefully that's not the case
Why can't it be a complicated thing with multi facets to explore. A good effort to stop cop killing that leads to unintended consequences?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Should I read the Watchmen comics or rewatch the Watchmen movie before diving into this??