LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Rey/Kylo romance is such shit compared to having Finn be the romantic interest. Star Wars eps 7-9 were going to be awful no matter who helmed them, I guess.

Literally no. TFA was going the right direction. Rian Johnson fucked it up with TLJ. It fucked everything up. So no, the trilogy wasn't going to be awful no matter what, it is awful because of Rian Johnson.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After years of thinly veiled racism from Reylos, Disney shamelessly mishandling Finn's arc, and extreme toxicity directed at Boyega for daring to exist in the same space as Adam Driver

Reylo's get the big W. You love to see it

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who feel that there was more chemistry between Finn and Poe than Finn and Rey in ep7?

Not that Disney would allow that either.
I don't think they really have romantic chemistry, like Finn trying to hold her hand which annoyed her, and he keeps trying to be her rescuer. A combination of these and he comes across as a bit needy. I mean maybe if they were wrote differently, the romantic chemistry might be more apparent.

Still would have been a million times better than the problematic relationship they went with.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Now can we confirm Finn Poe?

R2aea1b7fb1e559e7a7a996c3ee07ce1e

Finally! Someone asking the REAL questions!

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Disney would rather have Rey get with a man who tried to kill her and bring chaos to the galaxy than a black man

SMFH

You don't get it.

Nothing displays healthy romantic pining and internal conflict in a sci-fi setting more than one partner trying to kill the other.

Doesn't it just make you burn?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
You don't get it.

Nothing displays healthy romantic pining and internal conflict in a sci-fi setting more than one partner trying to kill the other.

Doesn't it just make you burn?
If by burn you mean the bile in my throat is about to shoot across the room...

Then yes

Yes it does
TFA was clearly setting up Finn as the deuteragonist and imo a relationship with Rey, who he was obviously into

But then they said fuck that and torpedoed Finn so fucking hard he's barely a side character in the next two films

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Rey is gonna spend the rest of her life simping for a ghost that committed war crimes and Kylo was killed by hilarious plot contrivance Palpatine in the worst Star Wars Sequel film. Many people lost in that film but Finn was not one of them.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Anything to keep the black man away from the white girl.

Yep
He already reduced his role and forced Rose onto him by having her steal a kiss.

How I met your mother: Reylo edition
l tried to mind rape her and she ended up mind raping me... it was magic

This consistent need to subvert EVERY expectation needs to stop. It's ok if things play out naturally. You don't have to twist everything just because people figured out the thing you properly setup.

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Hack Trilogy deserves hack ship tbh.

I cannot ever forgive Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams to what they did to Finn as a character. Realistically expecting a good black character in Star Wars is hopeless. Seriously tho fuck this dumpster trash fire Trilogy. Definitely see why Boyega hated this trilogy in the end.

Dont understand why anyone would be excited by Rian creating a whole new Star Wars Trilogy.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rey is gonna spend the rest of her life simping for a ghost that committed war crimes and Kylo was killed by hilarious plot contrivance Palpatine in the worst Star Wars Sequel film. Many people lost in that film but Finn was not one of them.

Finn's character in RoS had him constantky screaming Rey's name and just begging for her attention.

He also ends up growing into being a compelling leader in his own right and becoming in tune with the force but that happens in like the last 20 minutes or so with barely any build-up and it's kinda crappy in its own way

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason Rose existed as a character was to drag Finn away from the core story. It was why I always disliked the character and the obsessive fans who tried to make her into such a dramatically important character to the story. She was a throw away character designed to keep Finn away from Rey and nothing else.

It was absolutely uncalled for the hate the Actress got but the character was not the important character people tried to claim she was.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I love you Rian and your work, but nah man. I'm prepared to dismiss this out of hand. You're wrong on this one dude trust me. Do not write romantic space nazi characters. It's the wrong take.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason Rose existed as a character was to drag Finn away from the core story. It was why I always disliked the character and the obsessive fans who tried to make her into such a dramatically important character to the story. She was a throw away character designed to keep Finn away from Rey and nothing else.

It was absolutely uncalled for the hate the Actress got but the character was not the important character people tried to claim she was.

This is why I have no faith in Rian Johnson when it comes to a new Star Wars movie. Say what you want about TFA, but his movie actually made Finn into a extremely terrible character. Such a terrible movie that I have a hard time understanding why anyone could defend his actions towards Finn.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
It was always going to be like this. They should have been a lot more forward thinking with Kylo/Ben and had him be a lot more regretful or unwilling to go along with the First Order.

But they didn't so it was a terrible execution

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
02804ea3-5ddf-4ced-8c85-84ae96f5d47e_1.1f505c75b0298209edddf9767e03a2b7.jpeg
Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S72707%2C_Heinrich_Himmler.jpg

They make such a cute couple 😍
It was always going to be like this. They should have been a lot more forward thinking with Kylo/Ben and had him be a lot more regretful or unwilling to go along with the First Order.

But they didn't so it was a terrible execution
Yeah. He kills a defenseless old man and wipes out an entire village in less than 10 minutes

Disney: But he ain't black tho so there's still a chance

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The protagonist would be banging a guy who tortured her, killed her father figure, almost killer her second father figure, killed many innocent people by his own blade, and aided the killing of billions and the destruction of the new republic so the space nazis could take over. Great boyfriend material.

again, them having a "romantic" relation, doesnt mean they get in fucking love.

they had a romantic relationship on TLJ, and Kylo rejected her, doesnt mean the romantic relationship didn't exist.

stop equalizing "romantic" with being in love and having kids or some shit.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
I stated this from the beginning that this was the case but people kept saying no it wasn't. So much that I lost count. Rian Johnson set up this romance. That's really the big Rey and kylo story in the last jedi.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I stated this from the beginning that this was the case but people kept saying no it wasn't. So much that I lost count. Rian Johnson set up this romance. That's really the big Rey and kylo story in the last jedi.

you cant take one part and ignore another to make a point.

he set a "romance" and then he destroyed it in front of everybody, Kylo literally rejects Rey, and then Rey closes the door on Kylo.

JJ being an idiot and saying, "oh they should bang" is another whole story.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
You mean the movie that squanders its characters would have taken a direction to squander additional characters? I'm shocked.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure this doesn't tell us anything we don't already know.

That there was a romantic subtext bordering on straight up text is straightforward reading of TLJ. Rey was obviously into Kylo when he was being his vulnerable self. It's hard to tell to what degree Kylo Ren cared about Rey vs how much he was simply manipulating her (or where the line in that was even drawn)

But my interpretation of the ending is that the relationship ended in a bad break up and Rey literally shut the door on him.

I'm not sure if this in any way says that they would have become a couple in episode 9

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
you cant take one part and ignore another to make a point.

he set a "romance" and then he destroyed it in front of everybody, Kylo literally rejects Rey, and then Rey closes the door on Kylo.

JJ being an idiot and saying, "oh they should bang" is another whole story.
I said from the get go that if kylo got redeemed the romantic relationship that Rian johnson set up was going to happen. Guess what happened. It was stupid romance from the word go.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Like saw them as romantic and they fall in love and kiss and Ren is redeemed aren't the same thing

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's pretty much set up pretty hard in TLJ, but guess there's your confirmation.

That likely means Bendemption was also 100% guaranteed, so I have to wonder how menacing of a threat he really could be in a Rian Johnson IX because you know you have to have him turn back to the good side before the end.

So in that sense I think the whole "oh killing Snoke was so bold to set up a new dynamic!" would have really been very short lived either way.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
that's why Rian killed it in the same fucking movie.

JJ being an idiot, again, is another whole story
Except it wasn't killed, and will argue that because Rian also made it so kylo's redemption was on the hard table by making a depression allegory. As such it became it doesn't matter if he doesn't want to be redeemed, he needs to be in order to not be depressed anymore. He needs someone to continue to reach out to him.

I mean it's pretty much set up pretty hard in TLJ, but guess there's your confirmation.

That likely means Bendemption was also 100% guaranteed, so I have to wonder how menacing of a threat he really could be in a Rian Johnson IX because you know you have to have him turn back to the good side before the end.

So in that sense I think the whole "oh killing Snoke was so bold to set up a new dynamic!" would have really been very short lived either way.
He'd probably co op the ancient sith from the George lucas concept to be the big bad. Sometimes a subversion is good for the moment not for the continuation

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Rian Johnson is now trash :\

Should've developed the friendship between Rey/Finn/Poe and not touch the baddie-goodie romance shit.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
When she first reaches Luke's island, she tells Chewie to raise the Resistance and then very softly, as if embarrassed, asks him to also ask about Finn.

REY: Still can't reach the Resistance? Keep at it. If you get through, check their status. And ask about Finn.

When she finally leaves the island to confront Kylo, she tells Chewie to tell Finn...something. We don't get to hear what it is, again playing into "oh, maybe she does have feelings for him."

REY: If you see Finn before I do, tell him... Yeah, perfect. Tell him that.

And then the films ends with her hugging Finn and closing the door on Kylo.

FelineCelebratedKob-size_restricted.gif

The elements are there and essentially TLJ setup possible love triangles for both leads. Finn with Rose and Rey with Kylo.

They're basically siblings

All this is Rey seeing Finn like a brother, TFA was that, TLJ went even further into that.