• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Rick Perry, the energy secretary who has drawn scrutiny for his role in the controversy surrounding President Trump's efforts to push Ukraine officials to investigate the son of a political rival, on Thursday told the president he would resign from the cabinet.

The Perry resignation had been anticipated for several weeks, even before the news emerged of his involvement in efforts to pressure the new president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, to investigate a company that had worked with Hunter Biden, the younger son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.
It is not known exactly when Mr. Perry will leave his post, but it is expected soon. The New York Times had earlier reported he would leave by year's end.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
So it was unclear to me in the article, is he officially resigned or just officially said he is going to resign at some future date?

EDIT: nevermind, seems to be resigning at an undetermined future date.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing was clown shoes. Dude ran for president on eliminating the very department he couldn't even remember the name of.

That was one of the more surreal "Is Trump actually going to use trolling as his principal method of governing?" moments.

Back when that kind of thing still seemed new.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
How many cabinet resignations is this?

Far, far worse than Warren G.'s administration.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
what a career, from "oops i forgot the thing i'm eventually getting hired to do", to "oops i did a treason instead of doing the thing i was hired to do"

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine how much 45 is keeping Ben Carson in his admin. He'll lose the black vote IMMEDIATELY once Carsln resigns! /s

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
It's literally going to be Trump and his family, Miller, Pompeo, and like three people left huddled around a fire in the White House before long.