• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
Saw this earliear today and it's simply incredible how realistic it looks. 1st few seconds my brain experienced an uncanny valley-like reaction.
If you turn the quality down to 144p / 240p it's hard to tell it's not real.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
That is....insane actually. Does this franchise lean more sim or arcade? It's been a long time since I played a motorcycle racing game because for me they're usually more sim than arcade.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The gloves are only one of the things that actually dont look real, wtf.
Also yeah, is incredibly impressive if you watch it in 144-240p becuase your brain really things is real as it cover all the imperfections.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I totally expected the thread title to be sarcasm but wow I'm impressed.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It falls apart on the shading of your own bike, but the rest is completely photorealistic. Wow.

Deleted member 27647

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The camera movement really sells it, wow! The only thing I can tell is fake at a glance is the grass, which goes by so fast that it's still hard to notice. Very impressive!

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i literally thought this was a prank using real life footage, how the hell

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what that liquid container is, but the fluid moving in it was just as impressive as the rest of it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this does look great. Looking at some other videos, it does kind of need those specific weather conditions to come off this convincing, but impressive nonetheless.

And whoever worked on the camera deserves a raise, feels very authentic

J75

Sep 29, 2018
We need Digital Foundry to analyze what's going on here, this is nuts.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Yeah the first few seconds look wild. Never heard of this game until this thread but visually it looks great.

Zach19593

Dec 10, 2019
The DualSense is sick too, but there are some glitches, and the Endurance/Time Trial might be very frustrating at times.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap - yeah the camera movement is really what's selling it.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I once bought an F1 game on PS3 I think back when Sony made them despite having zero interest in F1 purely because of the wet weather visuals...and this is making me want to do the same 😅

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
How does this look more realistic than GT7 and Forza Horizon 5?
Or is it just the Drive Club effect of bad wheather / high speed?
It doesn't look anywhere near as good as those other games. Most of the time, it's above-average at best, definitely nothing groundbreaking. Go watch videos where it's not raining, it's barely on the same level as GT Sport.

Don't forget this is a cross-gen game, the only real boosts are resolution and framerate on PS5.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The camera movement is what sells it more than anything. They're cheating the lighting a bit bit using an overcast scene to demonstrate their game. It's much easier to make "accurate" looking lighting with shadows that diffuse. Still impressive though.