• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Lol I wish. I've bled enough throughout my life to know what it looks like, just suprised to see blood that intense of color and that much on animals hair, whatever happened to those horses or the creature the horses came in contact with must have happend very damn recent if it's not caked up and darkened yet.

Yes, it had just run headlong into a bus.

Thankfully its wounds aren't life threatening according to news reports, which isn't too surprising. Horses can tank some pretty nasty collisions and walk away. Although I suspect with how much it was bleeding its still going to need stitches.

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, it had just run headlong into a bus.

Thankfully its wounds aren't life threatening according to news reports, which isn't too surprising. Horses can tank some pretty nasty collisions and walk away. Although I suspect with how much it was bleeding its still going to need stitches.

Sheesh! Poor horses, glad it wasn't life threatening.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017

Five horses ran loose, while only four soldiers fell from their saddles. This is because one soldier was responsible for two of the horses, the spokesman has said.

This is almost certainly not the case, but I'm choosing to interpret this as one soldier falling off a horse, then immediately getting on a different horse and falling off that one too.

Obviously he was riding both at once. When he fell, it triggered the chain reaction that caused the other 3 to fall.

7a3b4af1e255b53bc8c12411ab7f8fdf.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Can't get over how good a picture that is given they probably didn't have a lot of time to prepare for it.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5dedc500-cc09-4130-b059-7f514a37c418.jpg

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how a horse can explode from stepping on a pebble the wrong way, but then also demolish a bus and keep going like nothing is wrong.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what he was doing there that he just happened to have his camera at the ready. Journalist or just street photographer?

Anyway, glad they're being taken care of, especially the one that got hurt.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Really glad the horses were taken and are being treated. Saw this this morning and it was scary as heck. Poor things.

Can't get over how good a picture that is given they probably didn't have a lot of time to prepare for it.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5dedc500-cc09-4130-b059-7f514a37c418.jpg

It's interesting because photography was historically used to prove that horses can rise all their legs together when galloping which this photo also shows.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Government Minister on Sky News just now saying the two horses from yesterday are in a "serious condition". Poor things. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm not expecting the best.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
If someone hasn't already used one of these photos for a punk/hardcore/metal album then I've lost all faith in music.

It vexes me greatly that he's titled Lieutenant Colonel and not Leftenant Colonel.

I wonder when the British Army made that change...

It's still pronounced Leftenant for the British forces. I'm not sure I've ever seen it written down as Leftenant before.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Update on the condition of the horses:

London horses: 'Too early to know' if Cavalry horses will return to duty

(...)

A spokesman for the Army said: "We are hoping that both these horses make a recovery. Whether they will recover enough to return to official duties, it's too early to know for sure.

"But they've been given the best veterinary treatment possible.

"Vida was the most visibly injured and the pictures of the horse running through London soaked in blood were horrifying.

"Vida was operated on overnight and is currently in stables at the Hyde Park Barracks under observation.

"Quaker was also operated on overnight but it was decided to move the horse to an equine hospital in the early hours.

"The extent of the injuries is not completely clear, but we don't believe at this stage there are any broken bones. The injuries are consistent with serious lacerations."
Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-68895233