Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
I've got this on DVD. It was such a fucked-up, bizarre fever dream that I couldn't believe what I watched. I guess that it's time that I brave the madness once again.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
They also have the full riffed versions of the Star Wars Holiday Special, Plan 9, Birdemic, and Rollergater, just to mention some of the more notable terrible movies up on their youtube channel.

Oct 25, 2017
HRRR HRRR HRRR HUR HUR! HUR HUR HUR HRRRRR!
A legendary riff. I hope they put up the Jack and the Beanstalk version too.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
For the uninitiated who don't want to watch a weird 1h30 movie, what's the story?
Santa gets stuck on a beach, uses his magic to teleport kids from around the world to help him pull his sled out, but instead he tells them insane stories.

Oct 25, 2017
For the uninitiated who don't want to watch a weird 1h30 movie, what's the story?
Santa crashes his sleigh on a Florida beach, and a bunch of kids try to help him. When it doesn't work, he tells them the story of Thumbalina (which cuts to a completely different movie for most of the runtime), and once it ends, it cuts back to Santa getting rescued by the titular Ice Cream Bunny.
It was made to promote a theme park.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good lord. I may just watch it again to see if I can take a second dose of this garbage

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Sheeeeeeeit, me and my lady were gonna do Lethal Weapon in our ongoing holiday watch tonight, but it might be this instead!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Omg they also uploaded the Star Wars Holiday Special as well. Cannot wait to watch these.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will they upload Fun in BalloonLand next? Loved watching it on the Twitch channel.

Dec 30, 2020
A quick note for everyone, the live version available at Rifftrax.com is significantly different if you want more, with the entire massive Thumbelina section replaced by an equally bizarre Jack and the Beanstalk section.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
"Ice Cream Bunny, That Ice Cream Bunny, He's Made of Ice Cream and He's a Bunny"

sonofsamsonite

The one who likes mustard
Nov 1, 2017
I watched this last night. Hilarious. The Thumbelina part is basically a #metoo cautionary tale.

My favorite part is the five, ten minutes of footage with the Ice Cream Bunny driving around with all 20 or so kids clinging desperately to his rickety antique fire engine. The actor in the costume obviously cannot see shit out of it, so he keeps driving off the road and over rocks and stuff and nearly bouncing the kids off. I'm sure there were outakes where they do fall off. There's one scene where a boy only holds on through sheer force of will. I would say it was the 70s and child safety standards were a lot more relaxed, but it's insane even for then.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As far as utterly bizarre Christmas movies go, I prefer Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. Someone should do this to that movie

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
I have a copy of this riff that I bought from their website ages ago. It lives on an SD card that's always in my TV. Just in case.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I watched it on the Rifftrax app last night because they just added the studio version but I've seen the live one multiple times. I didn't remember all those kids at the beginning (maybe I just caught it during the Thumbelina part) and I definitely wasn't expecting Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn to show up to abuse a raccoon lol.

Fun in Ballonland is another favorite. My first viewing of that was one Christmas during the worst hangover I've ever had which made me think there was no way that could exist and had me questioning if I just wasn't still drunk.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
My family is very "excited" for our annual viewing of Whizzo's Wonderland, but I don't think I would subject any human to Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Also, I highly recommend watching the Rifftrax version of Barry Mahon's Wonderful Land of Oz. It's equally as insane as Ice Cream Bunny.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

Santa's sleigh is stranded in Florida because he can't be bothered to put in some effort to pull it out of the sand, so he gathers up some kids and tells them the story about a girl at a theme park that was driven out of business by Disney World who is watching a play of Thumbelina. Then the Ice Cream Bunny arrives in his fire truck and gives Santa a lift.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
I watched it on the Rifftrax app last night because they just added the studio version but I've seen the live one multiple times. I didn't remember all those kids at the beginning (maybe I just caught it during the Thumbelina part) and I definitely wasn't expecting Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn to show up to abuse a raccoon lol.
If it helps I think the racoon got revenge on that one kid.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Rifftrax has been incredible during the pandemic. Uploading a bunch of their stuff on Youtube for FREE. This along with Joel and their MST3K streams for the Kickstarter, have been a great way to cheer up and laugh during all of this.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Tubi is a great resource for Rifftrax. Install the app on nearly anything and get their rotating catalog.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
If you watched the Ice Cream Bunny and thought "well, it can't get worse than that", they've just put another holiday film up...

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Bump for the new holiday season and for them putting up "Christmas Circus with Whizzo The Clown". I'd argue it's even better than the Ice Cream Bunny, and hopefully the youtube version will include The Christmas Tree short (not that animated film, but a French short with mimes)

View: https://youtu.be/vs3eaG4xmgU

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Bump for the new holiday season and for them putting up "Christmas Circus with Whizzo The Clown". I'd argue it's even better than the Ice Cream Bunny, and hopefully the youtube version will include The Christmas Tree short (not that animated film, but a French short with mimes)

View: https://youtu.be/vs3eaG4xmgU

The tree thing is horror, you can't tell me any different