• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
bigNews_blog_ringpre.jpg

FIFA 20 is back at the top of the UK boxed game charts.

EA's football game has been a mainstay in the Top Five over the past three months and it has become a home for fans of the sport since the real world leagues were put on hiatus in March. It surged in sales by 55% week-on-week thanks to a price drop to under £25.

The biggest riser of the week, however, is Nintendo's Ring Fit Adventure at No.2. The fitness game received a big stock boost this week and was backed by a TV marketing campaign, and as a result sales surged by 1160% week-on-week.

Last week's No.1 Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition on Switch drops all the way down to No.28 after an 87% fall in sales.

The big new release of the week was also a Nintendo Switch game. 51 Worldwide Games debuts at No.6 and was also backed by a TV advertising campaign. The casual nature of this title means that it's likely to be a long-term seller, as opposed to the big opening week you would see from games aimed at hardcore audiences.

Sticking with Switch, Private Division's The Outer Worlds re-enters the charts at No.30 following the launch of the Nintendo Switch version of the game. The RPG was initially released late last year on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

1 FIFA 20
2 Ring Fit Adventure
3 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
5 Grand Theft Auto 5
6 51 Worldwide Games
7 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
8 The Last of Us: Remastered
9 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
10 Marvel's Spider-Man

www.gamesindustry.biz

Ring Fit Adventure at No.2 following stock boost l UK Charts

FIFA 20 is back at the top of the UK boxed game charts.EA's football game has been a mainstay in the Top Five over the …

Last edited:

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
That's great. I thought it would benefit from Covid, but now people are forgetting Covid. Good to see that this brilliant game still sells great

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow snatched myself a copy and it's a blast.
While exercising is good and stuff, I really enjoy how deep it is keeping in mind it's pretty much fitness s(t)imulator.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I wish I would catch some stock of it here in Germany. Whenever I look its 130€ or more on Amazon.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Argos UK got (or are getting) a restock of Ring Fit. Last week you were able to order it again for collection this coming week. Regular retail price too.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
Great sales for RFA and a good start for Clubhouse games. Drop of Xenoblade is very bad, the game will fall out of Top 40 next week or the week after. Thats a shame.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
not bad
I also think (I have the game and use it quiet frequently) it deserves good sales

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Well, my glorious MK8 needs to make a decision. Either keep selling and become #1 by surpassing MKWii and take the title of highest selling and best kart racer of all time or stop selling now so we can get 9. Im okay with either really. But damn bruh... Still top 10?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For context for all the concerns re XCDE, XC2 debuted slightly higher in terms of raw numbers but 19th in the chart and it didn't chart at all the following week. And that game ended up fine. It's not unusual for this type of game really.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Last of us was on PS+ not too long ago and it's probably costs like 5£ used and it still cracked the top 10. Amazing. Great performance for RFA but what is 51 Worldwide?

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Great to see RFA so high. Also...ACNH without digital...always hard to say where those Nintendo titles would end in the charts, if we would get the digital numbers as well.
Also..four Nintendo exclusives in the top ten..all full price...amazing.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Great to see RFA so high. Also...ACNH without digital...always hard to say where those Nintendo titles would end in the charts, if we would get the digital numbers as well.
Also..four Nintendo exclusives in the top ten..all full price...amazing.
The chart is physical only for all games.

Deleted member 69771

one of the best games ever, so glad. hope they can keep making more

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Nitnendo really know how to bang out good sports and fitness games, which is a shame that they haven't published anything for the former in a while.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Why is it so hard to get Ring Fit Adventure? I wish Nintendo let you pre-order a copy on their website so when it comes in stock you get it

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why is it so hard to get Ring Fit Adventure? I wish Nintendo let you pre-order a copy on their website so when it comes in stock you get it

Because it sells out everywhere. Everyone wants it since December. I guess the ring is the stock problem. The game package is also very big.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017

Supply issues and scalpers who have taken advantage of the pandemic. General sporting equipment is also being scalped due to the disruption of the supply chain.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I managed to get one and it's cool but while I was waiting I got pretty into kettlebells and it can't really compare.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I really hope the stock condition improves sooner than later -- a lot of people are still scrambling for a non-scalped copy. I finally got mine shipped from France (I'm in the US) a few days ago, and it's been a real treat. It may not be the best form of exercise, but it's a worthwhile addition to my regimen.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved. The combo of ring fit and some adjustable dumbbells has been a godsend with gyms closed.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Too much demand. In the States for awhile it was impossible to get any game console and bikes seem to be treasured as well.

People want shit to do while they are stuck at home.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ring Fit Adventure at no.2 whilst Xenoblade falls to no.28 shows the direction JRPGs need to take.

Less objectification of women, more objectification of buff Dragons

InsecureGroundedHammerheadshark-size_restricted.gif

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy soon (if they restocked it in the Americas, that is).

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Last of Us 1 charting is a surprise, even if it's got a price drop.

Charting usually doesn't happen to games in advanced of a sequel's launch right?

malcolmx

Banned
May 20, 2018
Plenty in Europe not many here. I been searching for ages. Argos and Game.uk has them.