• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

The price according to Valorant's revenue lead. To clarify this is for a bundle not a single skin. The price for each is around 25.00.

That is a distracting but incredibly well made skin. That price however... Keep in mind if this skin is upgradable it's going to cost even more for the unlocks.
This is their new pricing tier. Valorant points start in bundles on 475 for 4.00 with the biggest bundle being 9500 for 99.00

unknown.png

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
F2P gonna F2P.

Just a reminder that cosmetic skins in a F2P game are all about perceived value. If you think its too high, don't buy it and maybe they will find it more lucrative for them to lower the price so more people buy it.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... that IS pretty cool skin but... 100$? YIKES.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Can't get mad at this when Star Citizen exists and is successful without even launching

You did this to yourself, gamers

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
F2P gonna F2P.

Just a reminder that cosmetic skins in a F2P game are all about perceived value. If you think its too high, don't buy it and maybe they will find it more lucrative for them to lower the price so more people buy it.

The whales will make sure that doesn't happen. That's who these types of skins are always aimed at. They're never going to lower the price.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can see why that dev didn't spell out the price in actual dollars. That would be a rather embarrassing announcement.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
F2P gonna F2P.

I have Impulse control. Sadly there are more unfortunate people than me who do not have that. But at least it's better than loot boxes...

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
F2P gonna F2P.

True, but a lot of this is conditioning people to accept this both in the F2P space, and eventually in the $60 space.

In short: still gross even if it is not technically wrong.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
They are whaling hard with this. Of course they will gift streamers these expensive "micro" transactions to coerce their fans to get it too.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whales will make sure that doesn't happen. That's who these types of skins are always aimed at. They're never going to lower the price.
In that case its a smart move.

People spend more than that on a shirt that says Supreme on it. Do I find it dumb? Yeah. But I don't think its inherently evil or something

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they pretty much already had a $100 weapon skins. Since you have to buy their currency and it was priced in between or over $75 so you had to get $100 bundle to have enough currency. I remember it from a video a youtuber who cant be named on Era made.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
They saw that people will enthusiastically pay $20 for a Fortnite skin, so I'm not all that surprised that Valorant is seeing how far they can push the average consumer's FOMO.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still better than spending $100 on loot box and not getting what you want

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying day one, I'm in a position to make bad purchasing decisions and im finna do it.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Voting with your wallet won't really work here. Not with all the online influencers either showcasing it after being given it away for explicit sake of promotion, or by buing it with their viewer's money, creating a huge FOMO for people most vulnerable to this sort of stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
3 digits? This is childs play

I've seen people spend 5 digits on skins for CSGO.
You can resell CSGo skins for real money if you want to. Thus, they have actual value. These items are account-bound like Fortnite skins.

I have a few of those couriers. I had to put a message on my Steam page to let people know not to add me for trades. Got them when they were new and they've appreciated like Bitcoin. My inventory is probably in the $20k range. That is, I can sell the stuff on PayPal for about that amount if I want to unload.

Don't see a problem with this.

It's not a loot box. You know what you're paying for. And it doesn't affect gameplay.

It's 4 different weapons + a knife skin.
Yea I don't disagree. But it's interesting that with their first interesting skin release (let's be honest: all the skins released to date fucking suck) they'd go straight for triple digits for the set. Like, at least let the dust settle on your game a little.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If you don't like the price, don't buy it and it will make literally 0 difference in your ability to play the game.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
You can resell CSGo skins for real money if you want to. Thus, they have actual value. These items are account-bound like Fortnite skins.

I have a few of those couriers. I had to put a message on my Steam page to let people know not to add me for trades. Got them when they were new and they've appreciated like Bitcoin. My inventory is probably in the $20k range. That is, I can sell the stuff on PayPal for about that amount if I want to unload.
You never get scared of having that value and losing it? I have some hundred dollar tires in rocket league and always feel a bit of anxiety thinking about the price dropping but since they are my faves and I use them on all my cars and I got them for much cheaper so I figure even if they do become worthless I should be fine with it.

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
I think it's dumb, but it's a cosmetic in a F2P game and it's not locked behind some gambling mechanic. People like to donate hundreds of dollars to millionaires on twitch for a shoutout, so why not.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Y'all should stop complaining and start thanking the suckers who buy this stuff to keep the game free for everyone else