Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

We've received word from Rising Star Games co-founder Brjánn Sigurgeirsson about the possibility of Deadly Premonition 2 on PS4. He says the game is a "Switch exclusive at launch" and that the publisher is "not discussing other platforms at this stage."

Given this bit of information and the game not being published by Nintendo, it seems very likely to be a timed exclusive and will at the very least see a PC release.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/201...launch_suggesting_a_ps4_release_in_the_future

Update (5th September 2019): We've received word from Rising Star Games co-founder Brjánn Sigurgeirsson about the possibility of Deadly Premonition 2 on PS4. He says the game is a "Switch exclusive at launch" and that the publisher is "not discussing other platforms at this stage". That sounds like a timed exclusive deal to us. We imagine the sequel - and presumably the original game too - will release on PS4 later down the line, but for now, they're only coming to Switch.

Sounds like a textbook PR statement when you're talking about a timed exclusive.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah it wouldn't have made sense for it to be a full exclusive. Seems more like a matter of resources.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tim Sweeney this morning

source.gif

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly...people should be happy that this is getting a sequel in the first place. Switch is probably the right plattform for the initial release because of the momentum and lower PV expectations.

Every 3rdParty game can be released or ported to other systems down the line - its a given.

OP
OP
Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Honestly...people should be happy that this is getting a sequel in the first place. Switch is probably the right plattform for the initial release because of the momentum and lower PV expectations.

Every 3rdParty game can be released or ported to other systems down the line - its a given.

Absolutely. I will be playing it at launch. Can't deny that I much preferred my experience with the first game on PC, though, given how awful the performance was on consoles.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I totally missed the part where the Steamworld guy basically bought Rising Star Games, that explains a lot.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They might be waiting to see how well it does. Here's hoping it does well enough to come to the other platforms.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So basically its going to be worthless on other platforms since they will be late ports

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So basically its going to be worthless on other platforms since they will be late ports
why? switch is getting a lot of late ports and people are excited about them. as long as the game comes, it doesn't really matter if you played it at launch or 6 months or a year later
having said that
i don't really like timed exclusivity deals, specially when they're not transparent about them. at least with EGS you know it's timed and will take a year. but i get why a platform holder would be interested in doing them.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it's the same thing with Brigandine, since a PS4 logo was previously retrieved from the website before it officially launched.

Either way, it's cool either of these games is being made.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
why? switch is getting a lot of late ports and people are excited about them. as long as the game comes, it doesn't really matter if you played it at launch or 6 months or a year later
having said that
i don't really like timed exclusivity deals, specially when they're not transparent about them. at least with EGS you know it's timed and will take a year. but i get why a platform holder would be interested in doing them.
What the hell? How is it worthless when a game comes to other consoles later?

I think it's meant to be a joke about how people say the late ports on Switch are worthless or boring.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I know he's under contract etc but these PR statements are silly. It's basically 100% confirmation that it's going multiplat at some point.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
Because you can already play it on Switch instead of waiting for it on other platforms.

That doesn't make sense. Not everyone owns every platform. It's not worthless for those that have to wait a while to play a game they want to play.

They can have as much fun as the players that got the game day one on a certain platform. (unless they get spoiled lol)

Edit: I guess it's a joke post. If so my bad, was not aware lmao