Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Game of Thrones alum Robert Aramayo has been tapped for the lead in Amazon's The Lord of the Rings TV series, I have learned. He replaces Will Poulter, who had been in negotiations for the young hero role, referred to as Beldor, until he recently exited the project due to scheduling conflicts. Reps for Amazon and Aramayo declined comment.

Amazon in November moved ahead with an early Season 2 renewal for the sprawling adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy novels. In conjunction with that renewal, the series will be going on a 4-5-month hiatus after filming the first two episodes from Season 1 to map out and write the bulk of the scripts for Season 2.

Interesting that he is replacing Will Poulter who was previously casted.

He joins Morfydd Clark as Young Galadriel in the cast

Last edited:

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
This is for the young Aragorn role, correct? I have mixed feelings about this.

As long as the end result doesn't turn out like the horrible Shanarah series.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
In conjunction with that renewal, the series will be going on a 4-5-month hiatus after filming the first two episodes from Season 1 to map out and write the bulk of the scripts for Season 2

They are being cautious AF with this show. That's a 4-5 month hiatus after filming only 2 episodes - not even the entire first season?

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
They are being cautious AF with this show. That's a 4-5 month hiatus after filming only 2 episodes - not even the entire first season?
Good good. Plan that shit and get a good cohesive story before you rush into production. That's how you get the Witcher and Star Wars which could have used more time writing and planning a better story

Edit: also sad as hell about no will poulter...

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Good good. Plan that shit and get a good cohesive story before you rush into production. That's how you get the Witcher and Star Wars which could have used more time writing and planning a better story

Edit: also sad as hell about no will poulter...
Yep, and its probably this unconventional filming thing that produces the "scheduling difficulties" for Poulter.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So of the 5 cast announced so far all of them are white eh

Wonder if it'll follow the movies in that regard or if they'll finally have poc in middle earth

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Between Will Poulter and Robert Aramayo they're really wanting someone unique looking for the part aren't they?

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017

Wonder if it'll follow the movies in that regard or if they'll finally have poc in middle earth
I wouldn't be too worried about this yet. The casting calls so far have been asking for a lot of diversity. It remains to be seen if any of those are for prominent leading roles or merely background characters.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
With the filming and hiatus I wonder if they'll release those episodes or wait for the whole thing. Release might garner some hype and talk while people wait for the next part of the season soon after. Filming and waiting just to release it all at once seems weird.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Beldor is most likely a code name for Elros, just as Neldor is a codename for Elrond. Those two were twins, one choosing to be mortal and becoming the King of Numenor and the other choosing immortality and the becoming the Lord of Rivendell.
Neldor is an anagram of Elrond, Beldor is gibberish though lol

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
People were originally predicting Will Poulter was Young Elrond.

Young Ned Stark being Elrond would be so ironic.

Powerful uncle raises his royal nephew that's been hidden away. They even all have the same coloring but that's mostly GRRM appropriating Aragorn's look for Jon Snow and Ned Stark.

I mean the Middle Earth universe is white as fuck at least on the Gondor/Rohan/Numenor side of things since they're meant to be Anglo-Saxons.

And while you could say that you could do anything in a fantasy world, Tolkien intended Middle-Earth to be our world and for that universe to become part of Anglo mythology.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Don't know if it was his 'acting' or just "this is my voice!" (Starlord), but this dude did a great job sounding like a young Sean Bean in GoT. Seems like an upgrade from Poulter.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If he's playing who I think he is, then he'll be around for a long, long time.

giphy.gif
?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Have they shed any word on whether this is set in the same middle earth as the one in Jackson's movies and if Weta is involved?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Despite being set in the Second Age, I'm sure Amazon is going to keep it feeling very familiar to the movies just for marketing and nostalgia. They aren't gonna risk making something that doesn't feel like Peter Jackson.

Much like Knights of the Old Republic in Star Wars land.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Have they shed any word on whether this is set in the same middle earth as the one in Jackson's movies and if Weta is involved?
There was talk of it been in line with film canon when the project was believed to be about young Aragorn. That's no longer applicable.

Weta are not involved as far as anyone knows.