• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Is that your main cannon or are you just happy to see me?

These always seem like a lot of fun until you've shown your friends.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I ain't got anything negative to say, I have $1700 worth of UCS Lego sets decorating my den.

Damn, these things give serious Small Soldiers vibes in features and build quality.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
I remember taking gun Megatron to elementary school. 80s were a wild time. Or now is a wild time. Or both.

crazy_man185

Dec 12, 2023
I'll stick with my Masterpiece and 3rd party Megatrons. They expensive but not this level of wallet munching.

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
As I Transformers fan I absolutely hate these. I guess I'm just not the market for them.

Like, who wants a Transformer they can't even play with. These things have no idle mode. They either have to be "on," or they go completely limp. They're so limited. I got to mess with the Optimus my friend had at the time and it was so completely useless. I guess the tech is cool, but I'm much more wowed by some of the engineering on the modern figures.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Not my Megatron alt mode

It's the wrong colors either way.

vehiclemode.jpg

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
How much would 1990s Hasbro pay me to get their hands on this guy and the tech inside?

Warming up my time machine.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
These are the type of things that I'd buy and I'd have to only bring it out in the dead of night after everyone is asleep. Otherwise, I'd come home one day to see it in a million pieces and my 7 year old claiming to have no idea what happened.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
How many of you had friends that had like the dinobots and insecticons and you were sitting at home with just this little guy.

R6RZzbO.jpeg

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
There's no way I'd ever own one of these, for a multitude of reasons, but I can't deny that they're beautiful works of art.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
This is so goddamn cool. If they ever did this with Beast Wars Megatron though... yes.

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
Robosen sent me an early unit. I've had it for 10 days now and filmed and unboxing/impressions video:

View: https://youtu.be/NCix4cgfxAQ?si=xve6e1PL1woJSonJ

Overall it's pretty nice. I think both the tank and robot modes look great. The tank itself I have some issues with because every time you use the app to move him, Megatron has to speak before he starts moving. It's annoying. I gave my feedback to Robosen and they said they have some plans to address that. But it also frequently gets stuck when trying to pivot the tank. The transformation is pretty quick and clean. Maybe a little too simple for my taste. But robot mode… that's where this thing shines. The actions are fun and his movements are really fluid. Definitely the best in terms of smoothness compared to Optimus and Grimlock. Speaking of Optimus, there are actually some interactions between Optimus and Megatron. One is a hilarious scene where they pose together to take pictures and the other is an action sequence battle between them. It's really cool.

So anyways, I like it overall. I bought Optimus myself and Robosen have sent me Grimlock in the past and now Megatron. I wouldn't have purchased Grimlock due to the price but Megatron… that would have been a purchase. Let me know if anyone has any questions or anything that I can help answer.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's impossible but, man, imagine if they could do a Devestator........

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
People saying he needs to be a gun but how does that translate to a fun robot exactly? He wouldn't do anything in alt mode that a normal toy can't do.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
$900

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oCYXQ_sUdA

us.robosen.com

Flagship Megatron Auto-Converting Robot (Limited Edition)

The 1st Auto-Converting Megatron! Celebrate Transformers 40th anniversary with a commemorative coin included. Robosen's Megatron features the iconic voice of Frank Welker, two emotional touch sensors, and 112 ultra-bright LEDs. Win the 40 megatrons autographed by Frank Welker (shipped randomly)...

New feature: touch sensitivity. Megatron doesn't like to be touched.

Lets be honest, we all watched the video for the reviewer.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Now imagine this with even better and faster and more reactive tech so you can have gun Megatron, use him as a toy gun, and every time you throw the gun he transforms within half a second and lands safely on his leg springs as a robot.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
These are the type of things that I'd buy and I'd have to only bring it out in the dead of night after everyone is asleep. Otherwise, I'd come home one day to see it in a million pieces and my 7 year old claiming to have no idea what happened.

Are you me? Also why i returned the Vision Pro.