• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StrontiumPawg

Jan 4, 2024
I don't think I'd clocked how big these things are until I saw the size comparison with the Titan Ark in Sixo's video.

They seem cool but they're not really for me given the price and Thew's feelings on them in his Optimus Prime video is probably where I'd end up if I ever actually had one

Oct 26, 2017
Given how many $500 statues there are of random characters in a similar scale, and how an actual Titan class Transformer in that size will cost you $200, I think that $900 for that level of tech is reasonable. Wasn't the original Optimus and Grimlock $1500?

OrangeKnight

May 8, 2023
Hey, I had that guy.. lol.

And I did have one of the dinobots, the triceratops one. I always wanted Grimlock, though.

Why would you want Grimlock if you already had the superior Slag.

(I love him so much I bought this huge motherfucker)

d46b1aab83.jpg

PS: Not my photo

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Robosen sent me an early unit. I've had it for 10 days now and filmed and unboxing/impressions video:

View: https://youtu.be/NCix4cgfxAQ?si=xve6e1PL1woJSonJ

Overall it's pretty nice. I think both the tank and robot modes look great. The tank itself I have some issues with because every time you use the app to move him, Megatron has to speak before he starts moving. It's annoying. I gave my feedback to Robosen and they said they have some plans to address that. But it also frequently gets stuck when trying to pivot the tank. The transformation is pretty quick and clean. Maybe a little too simple for my taste. But robot mode… that's where this thing shines. The actions are fun and his movements are really fluid. Definitely the best in terms of smoothness compared to Optimus and Grimlock. Speaking of Optimus, there are actually some interactions between Optimus and Megatron. One is a hilarious scene where they pose together to take pictures and the other is an action sequence battle between them. It's really cool.

So anyways, I like it overall. I bought Optimus myself and Robosen have sent me Grimlock in the past and now Megatron. I wouldn't have purchased Grimlock due to the price but Megatron… that would have been a purchase. Let me know if anyone has any questions or anything that I can help answer.

What happens if you ask him to transform while he has a weapon stuck to his hand?

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
What happens if you ask him to transform while he has a weapon stuck to his hand?
There's nothing to stop it from transforming, there are no sensors to know if he actually has a weapon in hand or not. So the weapon would just get caught or block the transformation, and if anything blocks the transformation it just stops and then needs to be rebooted.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
The only knock is they face the wrong way when they transform. Otherwise, me as a kid would have killed for this

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
People saying he needs to be a gun but how does that translate to a fun robot exactly? He wouldn't do anything in alt mode that a normal toy can't do.
It's a gun that transforms into a robot. Doesn't seem like a hard concept why kids would like that. I mean, why is Soundwave fun? He transforms into a fake cassette player.

Feb 24, 2018
How many of you had friends that had like the dinobots and insecticons and you were sitting at home with just this little guy.

R6RZzbO.jpeg
Yeah but Seaspray proved to everyone that Transformers had souls and were living being and ended up with a sexy Mermaid Girlfriend.

Meanwhile the Dinobots became comic relief and the Insecticons got flushed into space because the Decepticons were too cheap to pay for gas for Astrotrain.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It's a gun that transforms into a robot. Doesn't seem like a hard concept why kids would like that. I mean, why is Soundwave fun? He transforms into a fake cassette player.

But that's not the issue. The issue is it's a self-transforming electronic robot. They're not going to make a robot that can't move or do anything in one of its two modes; that takes away half the point of making it. And they're especially not going to do it with an alt mode you hold in your hand where setting off the transformation results in the potential for kids' fingers getting pinched.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
But that's not the issue. The issue is it's a self-transforming electronic robot. They're not going to make a robot that can't move or do anything in one of its two modes; that takes away half the point of making it. And they're especially not going to do it with an alt mode you hold in your hand where setting off the transformation results in the potential for kids' fingers getting pinched.
I was just talking in general, not this specific product. I don't get the purpose of self-transforming toys. Transforming is half the fun.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate how it looks like they based it off of the Combiner Wars toy.

LeaderMegatron2015.jpg

It's got better proportions, but you can still see the similarities, especially with the weird arm cannon.

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
Speaking of Megatron and Welker,

Cullen only ever does the one Prime voice no matter the incarnation of Prime, but Welker always changes things up for different Megatrons. I wonder why

Oct 27, 2017
People getting mad about Megatron not being a gun is weird. He hasn't been a gun in decades outside of a brief bit in the IDW comics. A tank fits him better anyway, and it doesn't have weird mass shifting issues.

You'll never get an official gun Megatron toy in the US again anyway, as toy laws don't allow for realistic guns.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I got recommended the Japanese version of this trailer for some reason and the top comment when translated made me laugh out loud.

www.youtube.com

ロボセン完全自動変形ロボット「フラッグシップメガトロン」オフィシャルPV / Robosen Flagship Megatron

世界初の自動変形ディセプティコンロボット!Robosen完全自動変形のフラッグシップシリーズから待望の第3弾!3年間の開発期間を経てついに完成したディセプティコン破壊大帝の圧倒的迫力を体験せよ!ラジコン的な操作、様々なアクション、多彩多様なプログラミング方法、ミニシアターなどの楽しみ方が無限大。▽robosenオ...

"Let's put a touch sensor on the Emperor of Destruction's butt so it will react when you touch it!"

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Robosen sent me an early unit. I've had it for 10 days now and filmed and unboxing/impressions video:

View: https://youtu.be/NCix4cgfxAQ?si=xve6e1PL1woJSonJ

Overall it's pretty nice. I think both the tank and robot modes look great. The tank itself I have some issues with because every time you use the app to move him, Megatron has to speak before he starts moving. It's annoying. I gave my feedback to Robosen and they said they have some plans to address that. But it also frequently gets stuck when trying to pivot the tank. The transformation is pretty quick and clean. Maybe a little too simple for my taste. But robot mode… that's where this thing shines. The actions are fun and his movements are really fluid. Definitely the best in terms of smoothness compared to Optimus and Grimlock. Speaking of Optimus, there are actually some interactions between Optimus and Megatron. One is a hilarious scene where they pose together to take pictures and the other is an action sequence battle between them. It's really cool.

So anyways, I like it overall. I bought Optimus myself and Robosen have sent me Grimlock in the past and now Megatron. I wouldn't have purchased Grimlock due to the price but Megatron… that would have been a purchase. Let me know if anyone has any questions or anything that I can help answer.

Hey thanks for the review and input. I saw a few of the demos on this a couple days ago and was almost about to buy it but I have concerns about the longevity of it in terms of lasting fun/excitement…
What's the coding aspect like? Have you spent much time playing around with that mode and what kinds of unique actions can you get it/optimus to do?

Also what's battery life like? How long does it take to charge/how is it charged?

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
As long as they don't make six of these things that combine to form a Devastator that also moves and talks, I'll be fine.