Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Rocket Arena is an explosive 3v3 all-rockets shooter where you're never out of the action. Prepare to launch into the fray July 14! http://x.ea.com/63474

Welcome to a world where the rules are written in rocket fuel. Rockets rule everything in Rocket Arena. Master your hero's unique rockets and abilities to dominate the arena and become a champion! Try out an ever-growing roster of diverse heroes with distinctive powers. Unearth new strategies and tactics based on your squad, explore a wide variety of dynamic maps, and discover the true depth of rocket gameplay.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Is this free to play? There are just so many MP games it's difficult to commit. This doesn't seem anymore interesting then the rest that were DOA.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
art style is amazing and fragging is always a blast but man I wish the default movement speed was a lot faster

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
That's a BAAAAAAAAD trailer and if it's supposed to remind ppl of Rocket Arena from Quake it failed hard.

Also even though I love Quake, I don't think that a game with such a HUGE skill ceiling would work today, players only like hero shooters, low skill ceiling and instant gratification. Quake veterans would mop the floor with any newb's face.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
i am so fucking pissed at this. Hearing the words "rocket arena" drummed up memories of playing it in q1 and q3a. I thought this was gonna be a stand alone game in that vein. NOPE some fucking fornite art like THIRD PERSON shooter.

I am SO fucking pissed.

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
i am so fucking pissed at this. Hearing the words "rocket arena" drummed up memories of playing it in q1 and q3a. I thought this was gonna be a stand alone game in that vein. NOPE some fucking fornite art like THIRD PERSON shooter.

I am SO fucking pissed.

I agree , was ready to put the money down for a new rocket arena style game and got this shit

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Sadly this screams DoA, just like Bleeding Edge that everyone forgot about just 2 weeks after it was released.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild that EA thinks this can actually sell at 30$ + Battle Pass and I'm totally the target market for this.

But Diabotical has Rocket Arena and it's F2P. And it has the ever-reliable base mechanics/movement of Quake 3. Why would anyone interested in a Rocket Arena game mode pay 30 for this?

Furthermore, Pwned came and went with a Rocket Arena style Hero Shooter not too long ago (and it was pretty fun) and died out rather quickly. Everything is stacked against this game, and it's a shame.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be shocked if this game isn't dead on arrival. A game like this has to be either very cheap or F2P to have a shot at success these days.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Idk but this looks like it will be shut down in a year or so. 30$ for what many games have F2P for... Also looks just like every other hero shooter to me. Not judging the game or gameplay but based on the trailer it looks generic and reminds me of all these failed mp shooter we had in the past

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I still can't believe people aren't talking about how this game had a massive E3 event and closed beta launch..... in summer 2019. One year ago. Nexon was pushing it as their answer to Overwatch.

LOOK! LOOK AT ITS OLD STEAM PAGE:

store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Two months after its closed beta, Nexon dropped the game altogether:

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Rocket Arena Beta :: Rocket Arena Official Statement

Hello Rocket Arena Competitors, We regret to inform you that Nexon America and Final Strike Games have agreed to amicably part ways and Nexon will no longer provide publishing services for Rocket Arena. While this was a difficult decision for both parties, Nexon America and Final Strike Games...

I dunno what EA thinks it's gonna do right that Nexon couldn't, but a $30 entry to a game that could barely get a whimper out of last year's closed beta......... I mean, good luck, y'all.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Short hype train, not a lot of visibility, a high-ish launch price on top of MTXs. A lot of red flags for a game that may not have a playerbase for too long. I saw what I liked and I want to play it but that's not a low price when I don't know if anyone will even play it in 3 months time.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
trailer is very bad.
Also games like this, with heavy emphasis on projectiles will always have a bigger skill gap than games with mostly hitscan weapons. That's probably not good for a good /sustainable playerbase.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
The only game interesting from the EA conference, but yikes at that $30 pricetag. That population is not going to be there when there's so many free alternatives.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe people aren't talking about how this game had a massive E3 event and closed beta launch..... in summer 2019. One year ago. Nexon was pushing it as their answer to Overwatch.

store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

steamcommunity.com

Hello Rocket Arena Competitors, We regret to inform you that Nexon America and Final Strike Games have agreed to amicably part ways and Nexon will no longer provide publishing services for Rocket Arena. While this was a difficult decision for both parties, Nexon America and Final Strike Games...

I dunno what EA thinks it's gonna do right that Nexon couldn't, but a $30 entry to a game that could barely get a whimper out of last year's closed beta......... I mean, good luck, y'all.
I had no idea. Baffling. Maybe got in on the cheap and trying to see if they can get lucky with upfront purchase money?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I remember EA from the Quake days. Looks a little bit Overwatchy for my tastes but will see how it plays.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck, why would you give this a THIRTY EURO pricetag? It looks relatively fun so if it was F2P, I definitely would've given it a try. If they HAVE to get money up front, I might have paid maybe 5 euros for it. 30? That's insane. This has got to be the most obvious dead on arrival game I've seen in a while lol.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm an old RA2 and RA3 veteran. Had a clan who even played some ESL tournaments (but only online and LAN parties) back in the days. This here however I've zero interest in. And it's EA? Bwuhaha big nope from me

Rocket Arena was a really awesome mod for Quake. Some of the best and fastest movements you would find in a FPS thanks to the famous rocket (wall) jumps. God still to this day I could draw the ra3map1 just from my memory. Damn nostalgia, now I'm sad

Last edited:

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017

store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

steamcommunity.com

Wow, this is a weird move from EA

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
$30 is a death sentence, which is a shame because I think the market would benefit from a shooter with primarily projectile/non-hitscan weapons.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm absolutely baffled that they're releasing this with a $30 price tag. It's a game that realistically might struggle to gain traction F2P, let alone with a price tag. It's literally being sent to die which sucks for all involved.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still don't understand. On official site it's not clear if it's free on ea access or just a promotion. I seriously can't understand shit

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I mean Crucible IS f2p, and it still didn't help the game. That's why i think that this game not being f2p is a huge, huge mistake, because it will die pretty fast.
As far as i remember, this was supposed to be f2p when it first got announced and when beta was available but i am not sure why EA thinks that making it 30$ is a good choice? Games looks fun/interesting and i want it to be success but we all know that sadly it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.