ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
And it's fun as hell.

www.theverge.com

Rocket League is getting a battle royale mode

Knockout Bash is a limited-time-only, free-for-all event.

Starting on April 27th, Knockout Bash will pit eight players in a free-for-all to be the last car driving. Knockout Bash will feature the hallmarks of a typical battle royale mode: perma-death (in this case, instead of infinite respawns, players get three KOs before a game over) and an encroaching danger zone with an ever-shrinking battle arena.

Rocket League will add new actions and enhance existing abilities to increase Knockout Bash's destruction derby feel. Players will be able to grab opponents and throw them into hazards. Double jumps will now become triple jumps and will launch players higher, attacking cars will knock players away further, a well-timed block will fend off those attacks, and players will be able to dodge four times in the air before the ability resets. If a player is knocked out of the arena, they'll have a few seconds to return to the safe area before getting KO'd.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I've been fucking crying the last hour this shit is so fun and hilarious. It's easily the best new mode introduced in the game yet and needs to come back as a permanent fixture.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Haven't played Rocket League in maybe a year or two and although I'm not the biggest BR fan, I might actually try this.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Well I guess I'll take this since no one will make a Twisted Metal br...
Yeah Sony's studio working on this hopefully is making some good ass online modes for it or have a solid campaign like TM Black. I'm scared it might be based on the TV show though which could be trash fire. Don't have many hopes for the project to be honest.

Rocket League tho...they are on a different level.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I pretty much play no multiplayer games and haven't for awhile with the exception of rocket league. I can go months without playing and fire it up and next thing I know I'm going on three straight months of games.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. I saw the game updating today after quite some time without knowing what for. So this was it? I gotta see what it gives.

CrewShadow

Feb 5, 2018
Stopped playing Rocket League for a couple months. Its prolly the most fun I've had since gridiron first came around. I am utterly trash at flying productively though.

Oct 27, 2017
To counter the opinions so far, I really hate this mode. I think half of it is the only instructions they give you is a few bits of text on the mode selection screen (which I missed the first time I played). I'll be sticking with the standard modes for now.

Heatseeker is still the best limited time mode though.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I know what I'm playing tonight (it was probably Rocket League already anyways, but somehow had no idea about this).

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
This shit needs a tutorial. I played it last night and was super lost. I had a fun once I got the hang of some of the mechanics. Still don't know how to do that holding move people be doing.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Ugghh is this the thing that gets me to create an Epic account? Looks really fun!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
This is hard

Edit: Nope, I can't handle this.
Lmao, I played it for like 2 hours last night and the best I did was third place but I had a blast. My friends won a good few but I am just terrible at it.

Also have seen a lot of people bitching on Reddit about parties ganking players which is funny because me and my friends try to fuck each other more than anyone else. Too damn chaotic to actually try and coordinate anyway.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Lmao, I played it for like 2 hours last night and the best I did was third place but I had a blast. My friends won a good few but I am just terrible at it.

Also have seen a lot of people bitching on Reddit about parties ganking players which is funny because me and my friends try to fuck each other more than anyone else. Too damn chaotic to actually try and coordinate anyway.
Dropshoot is better, I simply cannoy handle this. Won't give it another chance either.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
They need to fix this shit where people just cling to the walls like cowards while everybody else fights.
I played a dude that just flies straight up in the air throughout the match and he made me mad as hell. The match ended up going over 10 minutes because all he did was spam quick chat and fly from everyone the whole time. Said it was "strategy" 🙄 Yeah bro, if your strategy involves everyone still stuck waiting on you 4 minutes into overtime you're just an asshole.

Haven't actually encountered anyone able to meaningfully exploit the wall grab to the point of frustration like that yet at least. I'm familiar with the strategy but at least they crawl out like cowards with extra lives once the sudden KO starts.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple, not feeling it at all. Could be fixed as the mechanics are there, but it's one if those multiplayer games ruined by people playing it not like the devs intended to and it makes the game frustrating as heck.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I played a dude that just flies straight up in the air throughout the match and he made me mad as hell. The match ended up going over 10 minutes because all he did was spam quick chat and fly from everyone the whole time. Said it was "strategy" 🙄 Yeah bro, if your strategy involves everyone still stuck waiting on you 4 minutes into overtime you're just an asshole.

Haven't actually encountered anyone able to meaningfully exploit the wall grab to the point of frustration like that yet at least. I'm familiar with the strategy but at least they crawl out like cowards with extra lives once the sudden KO starts.
I watched somebody just hang out under a bridge until somebody else was left that figured out how to get down there, grab them, and toss them down. From there, it looked like a half-hearted battle like the two were in a party and just fucked around in sudden death.

Can we just quit a match when we're out of lives and keep the stats or do they require staying until the end?