• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Few days ago Rockstar did update of their web sites and among other things they removed all mentions of Social Club (except in the URL).

Front page of https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

November 1st

dWPKYH4.jpeg

Today

ZGtv5om.jpeg

Social Club was first launched alongside GTA IV in 2008.

Taking a cue from Bungie's stat-a-riffic Bungie.net service, Rockstar Games has just announced the Rockstar Games Social Club, "a new website that will extend your experience of Grand Theft Auto IV and all future Rockstar Games titles." Line up against the Club's stanchions at rockstargames.com/socialclub and be ready for registration on April 15th. All you'll need is a Xbox Live gamertag and/or a PSN ID and an insatiable hunger for statistics. You've got one of those, right?

Once GTA IV launches, the site will offer the usual multiplayer leaderboards, along with a torrent of statistically generated functionality. The LCPD Police Blotter will show the most dangerous areas of Liberty City and the most commonly used weapons, using the "aggregated data of millions of connected players." Similarly, the Liberty City Marathon will catalog the "the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam -- to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped" and will hold competitions amongst players using this data. Other sections will track players who complete 100% of the game (they can win an "ultra-rare" bit of swag); a Hall of Fame, tracking the various leaderboard champs; and The Story Gang, a "single-player leaderboard." Consider us interested. You could consider us even more interested if we knew the first thing about the game's multiplayer functionality, outside of the occasional rumor.

www.engadget.com

Track your GTA IV stats with Rockstar Games Social Club

Taking a cue from Bungie's stat-a-riffic Bungie.net service, Rockstar Games has just announced the Rockstar Games Social Club, "a new website that will extend your experience of Grand Theft Auto IV and all future Rockstar Games titles." Line up against the Club's stanchions at...

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
As long as it is rebranding and not making some data or rewards get lost, that doesn't matter. Cus They closed servcies liek Ifruit app and sort.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
wait so
you're telling me

it's NOT just another store front??? *pretend shocked face*

oh wait I think social club and r* launcher are technically different things

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
wait so
you're telling me

it's NOT just another store front??? *pretend shocked face*

oh wait I think social club and r* launcher are technically different things

Rockstar Launcher was always Rockstar Launcher. Social Club was their platform for tracking stats, and social interaction. For GTA IV they introduced Social Club TV where people uploaded clips from GTA IV Editor on PC (and it was maybe used for Max Payne 3). Then they shut that down and expanded it for GTA V where you could create Crews, upload photos from in-game phone on your Social Club feed...

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. It's been a games platform mainly in all but name. Even on mobile their games require it. I had to submit my purchase of GTA Liberty City Stories to their support recently so I could get access to the game again, because they've now taken the purchasing of the games "in-house" instead of via app stores lol.

Condwiramurs

Nov 10, 2020
Well it is kinda useful. For LA Noire you can check where collectables are, for GTA V and RDR 2 you can track your progress and in general for their most recent games you have 100% checklist there.
Rockstar launcher (and EA App) are the only ones that constantly break in offline mode and want to go online to re-authenticate if you did not explicitly go offline while being online before, i hate them so much

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda assume this is because GTA6/Online 2 are going to support cross-platform play, so it makes some sense to polish up their own branding in this way so they have a good account system to use.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
To this day i still dont know what this was or done to any of the Rockstar games ive played

There was a big flashing button on the menu for it in LA Noire and i still dont know what it added (or not)

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Did they fix crew levels being broken in GTA V?
I doubt it
Rockstar never fixes the real issues with social club

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
To this day i still dont know what this was or done to any of the Rockstar games ive played

There was a big flashing button on the menu for it in LA Noire and i still dont know what it added (or not)
with GTA V and RDR2 you could use it to track your completion percentage and what stuff you are missing for 100%
and it also displays stats like most used weapons, type of vehicles, favorite radio stations for each of the characters.

and it's the same with LA noire, it gives you an overview of all the cases and a map of all the collectibles in the game.

Last edited:

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
how many more GTAO dlc's do you guys expect when the marketing camapign for VI is looking to rev up soon?

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I want them to release the trailer during the Game Awards. And I mean DURING, not AT the Game Awards. To mess with everyone.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Social Club was iconic. So was Origin. Why ruin that and replace with some generic ass names such as "platform", "app" or "store". Cowards.

brb gonna order some food from Hamburger Food Store via Uber Food Delivery app, and later watch a movie on Netflix Movie Platform

Last edited: