• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That's damn good.

45275163_580467419075467_4630686451233718272_n.jpg

Source

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, a single piece of text hidden away in one of the games many newspapers is hardly what I consider hard-hitting. More like a silly, little Easter-Egg that doesn't even really address the actual problem with Jeff Sessions but imputes a totally different, outdated political opinion to him.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I'm shocked at how Red Dead Redemption 2 takes so many shots at racists/sexists and not do the whole "make fun of both sides" thing

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile Ubisoft literally makes a game about a gun-toting Midwestern cult and insists that they "weren't saying anything".

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Love stuff like this. There's some good little touches like this in the game, like not getting wanted status for attacking racists, or heck, good honor for handling an especially terrible person.

Meh, a single piece of text hidden away in one of the games many newspapers is hardly what I consider hard-hitting. More like a silly, little Easter-Egg that doesn't even really address the actual problem with Jeff Sessions but imputes a totally different, outdated political opinion to him.
Okay?

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017

How exactly is this outdated? It's common knowledge that Republics sustain voter suppression. Lest we not forgot that he bogusly prosecuted minorities for voter fraud before.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
From the RDR1:
"The democracy platform has announced its opposition to both immigration at the integration of immigrants into the community. With immigration comes large voting blocks and organization against the majority class and race. Immigrants provide a large block of unskilled labor, further devaluing the labor in Blackwater. It is the position of the established class that opposition to immigration is the only choice whereby these territories can be prevented from being further orientalized."

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this required to take a shot at someone? No.

And unless you just think its wrong to use hyperbole in humor, you sound misinformed on Sessions' record when it comes to Women's rights too.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
lmao at this being your response

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Absolutely awful take.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
What were you hoping for?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, I think there was another article in that same paper about new tariffs and how badly they're screwing up the economy, while the President goes on and on about bringing jobs back to America.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

This is quite the BossAttack response.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Between this and the reference to its own crunch culture this eight-years-in-the-making game is full of extremely current events.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
How exactly is this outdated? It's common knowledge that Republics sustain voter suppression. Lest we not forgot that he bogusly prosecuted minorities for voter fraud before.

Is this required to take a shot at someone? No.

And unless you just think its wrong to use hyperbole in humor, you sound misinformed on Sessions' record when it comes to Women's rights too.

Republicans are not out suppressing the voting rights of women. 41% of Women voted for Trump. 52% of White Women voted for Trump. They suppress the vote of colored folk. The Republicans actively seek out their base of White Women to support them. So yes, imputing the suppression of the Women' Suffrage movement to Sessions is nonsensical and lacks any bite. Unless you think the Women's Suffrage movement included Black Women. I'll give you a hint, it didn't.

This is quite the BossAttack response.

TY.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...and what is the problem with a silly little Easter egg, exactly?

What a ridiculous response to satire in a video game.

Oct 27, 2017
They're pretty clearly against the whole Johnny Rebel attitude through a lot of the game as a whole,one gang is entirely themed around being former Confederate soldiers who are now nothing more than murderous criminals believing themselves to be patriotic freedom fighters, and there's quite a few little side activities that have a lot of extremely serious commentary on race relations in the US, with the main character being pretty disgusted about it.

There's also a section where Arthur says the Confederate analogies are second place losers and they need to get over themselves and quit being pathetic murdering excuses holding on for a bygone age that has moved on without them.

As far as writing goes the Red Dead Redemption games have been far more mature, nuanced and deep than anything GTA has ever done in terms of satire or commentary. I know GTA is thestaple series but these games are where they have really shown their best talent.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the very same newspaper there's also an article about the president enacting tariffs and how it's going to kill the economy.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I actually don't understand what it had to do with Jeff Sessions. I'm not American so maybe I'd need it explained to me

I did see this tho
Dq7h5rwXQAAQmNv

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

You have to find some way to nitpick the fuck out of this game every time you post about it.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans are not out suppressing the voting rights of women. 41% of Women voted for Trump. 52% of White Women voted for Trump. They suppress the vote of colored folk. The Republicans actively seek out their base of White Women to support them. So yes, imputing the suppression of the Women' Suffrage movement to Sessions is nonsensical and lacks any bite. Unless you think the Women's Suffrage movement included Black Women. I'll give you a hint, it didn't.
Again I ask, do you have a problem with hyperbole in humor? The logical extreme of his modern day acts are what the joke is about. Truth in jest and all that.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't understand what it had to do with Jeff Sessions. I'm not American so maybe I'd need it explained to me

I did see this tho
Dq7h5rwXQAAQmNv

Jeff Sessions is an extremely backwards man who would prefer the way things used to be, the"glory days" of the 50s, probably the 1850s if we're being honest.

Some of the expectations in here are interesting though, like holy fuck you actually expect this game to change the current political climate or something? The fact that a game that's popular makes commentary at all is pretty amazing in a world where a lot of larger release products avoid committing to one side or the other. Yes this is a hidden little Easter egg but there's a lot more blatant examples throughout the game proper.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Nevermind the guys name in the game is literally Jeff Sessions, did not notice on first pass

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I'm shocked at how Red Dead Redemption 2 takes so many shots at racists/sexists and not do the whole "make fun of both sides" thing
Me too. Always had the misconception that Rockstar leaned center right but i don't feel that way anymore with rdr2. Hopefully GTA VI continues this trend.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
...and what is the problem with a silly little Easter egg, exactly?

What a ridiculous response to satire in a video game.

It's not satire if it has no point.

Again I ask, do you have a problem with hyperbole in humor? The logical extreme of his modern day acts are what the joke is about. Truth in jest and all that.

See above.

The logical extreme of his modern day actions would be decrying attempts of Colored individuals to exercise their 14th Amendment rights. You know, the thing relevant to the time period that he is still suppressed to this day. Otherwise, might as well say he's a baby killer or a serial rapist for all the relevance it has to anything. Just imputing something crazy and outlandish to a political figure is not satire.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
It's not satire if it has no point.

See above.

The logical extreme of his modern day actions would be decrying attempts of Colored individuals to exercise their 14th Amendment rights. You know, the thing relevant to the time period that he is still suppressed to this day. Otherwise, might as well say he's a baby killer or a serial rapist for all the relevance it has to anything. Just imputing something crazy and outlandish to a political figure is not satire.

Yes it is. You don't know what satire means. This logic pedant shit you're peddling is exhausting and transparent.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
A sessions burn is a sessions burn no matter the severity of said burn. Stop expecting these big huge moments in games to do the work for you, go out and vote.