Oct 29, 2017
IMG_5520.png

Found this on Apple Music this morning, one track out, Money. The rest out Oct 6th.

Here's the lyric video
youtu.be

Roger Waters - Money (Official Lyric Video, DSOTM REDUX)

The Dark Side of the Moon Redux, full album out October 6th. Now available for pre-order on double LP, CD, download and with exclusive bundles in the offi...

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
That version of money sucks, takes away all the energy and makes it a lounge song

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't replace the original and the rest of the band knows he's a bellend, but at the same time it can be interesting to see someone revisit a work like this. Whether it's any good or not, I dunno man. It'll be very far from my preferred way of listening to it. He's like an anti-George Lucas, where instead of going back to make something you worked on long ago more appealing, you do the opposite, but dramatically, tragically misreading the room all the same.

Comfortably Numb is a solid crowd pleaser; live it's a solid encore song to close out a show. Waters on his most recent tour led with Comfortably Numb delivered with the energy and optimism of a funeral dirge. It makes a statement I guess, but is it what anyone wants? Is it even what Waters wants? What does he get out of performing that song that way aside from just deliberately taking the wind out of the sails of one of his greatest cowriting achievements to make the audience feel down?

Last edited:

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I hit play with absolute dread (the hyper stripped down, swallow-the-microphone approach of his most recent stuff makes me feel like my blood's turning to cement), but I'm relieved that it's decidedly different, and not just Money but bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok yeah, that's not for me at all.
At least it is different, but Roger Waters really does need the rest of the band to live up to his full potential.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
It has made me go and pop on The Final Cut however, which let's face it, was really his first solo album.

May 14, 2021
His YouTube version of Mother from a couple years ago was great, but that was mostly due to the women singing David's part.

OP
OP
PurpleMoustache
Oct 29, 2017
Apparently the vinyl release for this (you bet your ass there's plenty of options available for pre-order) will be a 2xLP (two discs) with Side D being "an original composition"

Joliet Jake

Oct 27, 2017
What is even the point of comparing Waters to Gilmore? They clearly brought completely different things to the band.

septentrion2

Apr 11, 2023
every time I've ever listened to Dark Side of the Moon, I always think to myself, "I wish they had waited til they were 80 to record this album"

Big win for me here.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
Went to see him a couple months ago and by the third song I was tired already with all those edgy messages in front of everyone's face.
Dude I go to concerts to listen to the music not to read your "controversial" opinions.
He should learn from King Crimson.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Even if it happened to be good I would not be supporting him, but from what I've heard it's not. Nothing has been lost though, and it certainly doesn't threaten the original.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Appreciate that he was always going to take a different approach to these songs... but this is just not good.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
It was really nice of him to donate all the proceeds from this to his buddy Vladmir Putin.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeeeaaah not feeling it. It's one (already debatable) thing to do with what he's done with Comfortably Numb and opening live with a super downtempo version if he's gotten tired of closing with it or whatever. But we probably don't need one of the greatest albums of all time rerecorded like that.

Not to mention how he went off the terminally online deep end or whatever too. The Us+Them tour was absolutely amazing (I saw him at Desert Trip and then two arena shows), and messaging was just a nice and simple shitting all over Trump (and Putin). The current This is Not a Drill tour is a bunch of "Biden is literally just as bad as Trump and Reagan" and "this Ukraine thing could be solved if Biden simply picked up a phone and spoke to Putin" etc.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
That was weird. I didn't expect that, huh.
Will the full album be covered in this same style? I don't see the point of that instead of just making new music in the style or something.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've never actually listened to any solo Roger Waters stuff, The Final Cut was a defacto solo record and it's enough of a dumpster fire that it's always put me off anything else.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Wow, I'm not the biggest fan of the original anyways but this version is terrible.