Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the moon actually drifting further away and one day it will break free from its orbit around the Earth (we'll all be long dead)

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
53C.gif

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to be honest. I like watching a movie like this from time to time.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
This sounds like something that would fit right in with the 90s style dumb, end of the world/life as we know it movies. Emmerich is perfect choice for it.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If landfall is arrival at land by ship and planetfall is arrival at a surface of a planet, wouldn't moonfall be arrival at the surface of the moon?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
If I remember correctly Universal paid a fortune for this before Independence Day 2 opened with the intention of fast tracking it.

And then..., Independence Day 2 opened, completely cratered at the box office and Universal quietly shuffled this off to the side. I imagine that the success of Wondering Earth in China probably made this a viable event film again hence the now indie financing.

Though the logline basically makes this sound like Armageddon, I heard (unless it has been rewritten) that it's actually about...,

The Moon starts to fall out of orbit towards the Earth, a team is sent up to correct the 'moon fall' ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) and they discover that the moon is actually an ancient alien space ship (like, the whole fucking thing!) filled with alien monsters who have been hibernating just waiting for their chance to invade. That's a very sketchy recollection but that's kind of it.

Seriously.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
If I remember correctly Universal paid a fortune for this before Independence Day 2 opened with the intention of fast tracking it.

And then..., Independence Day 2 opened, completely cratered at the box office and Universal quietly shuffled this off to the side. I imagine that the success of Wondering Earth in China probably made this a viable event film again hence the now indie financing.

Though the logline basically makes this sound like Armageddon, I heard (unless it has been rewritten) that it's actually about...,

The Moon starts to fall out of orbit towards the Earth, a team is sent up to correct the 'moon fall' ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) and they discover that the moon is actually an ancient alien space ship (like, the whole fucking thing!) filled with alien monsters who have been hibernating just waiting for their chance to invade. That's a very sketchy recollection but that's kind of it.

Seriously.

I fucking knew it!

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
I would have thought the moon was too close to 'hurtle' anywhere.

At apogee the moon is about 250k miles from earth. If we have a matter of weeks (say 3) that is about 500 hrs which means the moon would have to degrade its orbit at a rate of about 500 mph before it actually struck. So a pretty minor adjustment then given it normally orbits about 2250 mph.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017

At apogee the moon is about 250k miles from earth. If we have a matter of weeks (say 3) that is about 500 hrs which means the moon would have to degrade its orbit at a rate of about 500 mph before it actually struck. So a pretty minor adjustment then given it normally orbits about 2250 mph.

crazy to think that you could drive with your car to the moon in a couple of months

I honestly enjoy Emmerich movies, looking forward to this.

even Godzilla? I literally felt physical pain while watching it.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

Have a look at my spoiler post.

It might have the 'answers' you seek.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.

Seriously.
Lmao.

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Haha, sounds perfect for him. So dumb, but if it has good destruction I will watch it. Even enjoyed 2012 plenty, just the new Independence Day sadly sucked

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
God dammit, I was going to skip this because non-ID4 Emmerich bores me but "mysterious unseen alien force" means I have to check it out.

Oct 25, 2017
It's always weird how Roland keeps getting money considering how much of a one trick pony he is.

I thought ID:R bombing would have at least stopped that by now.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Good thing the Moon is actually moving away from us. It would take quite a jolt to move it out of its orbit.