IMG-2185.jpg

IMG-2187.jpg

tenor.gif

yes!

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Geeee, I've heard something like this before....

"We are getting stock every few days now. By mid Oct stock will be more plentiful for sure."

Man, I'm so glad that big EVGA stock dump happened in the middle of October. Oh wait....

yea that comment was full of shit lol

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
They're on the October freighters, millions of them. There were just mechanical issues with the freighters carrying the freighters (no smoke though, so it's not an Nvidia smoke screen), but rest assured they're out at sea. There is totally no issue with production, they're just all on the freighters, millions of them. Nothing to see here, it's just like the 1XXX and 2XXX launches. No supply issue, just a demand issue, makes black friday look like a Tuesday in March. Single Chinese retailer already sold 130k units by themselves, no issues, October freighters. 3070 delayed cause it was too good, no issues, they're on the November freighters.

lmao perfect

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the only way to get one of these guys is to out bot the bots. I going to create a simple one with Chromium (I'll share the code for anybody who wants it). But what is the deal with these cards? Are they being restocked in small batches per store? Are new stocks coming in every week for a store like Newegg? Or is it all random?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Even though I cancelled a few weeks ago, I still check reddit to see other people status out of curiosity. Saw a post for a FTW3 shipped here and one for an earlier order not shipped yet here
Yeah, in store order at ME is almost like a lost cause at this point, I ordered my tuf on release day in store and I saw people order online the day after got it a few weeks ago. Thanks for the reddit post.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, in store order at ME is almost like a lost cause at this point, I ordered my tuf on release day in store and I saw people order online the day after got it a few weeks ago. Thanks for the reddit post.

Did you pay in full in store? That's really strange. I am one of those guys that ordered the day after online from ME and got mine. Same TUF.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
lmao, this launch is a joke. How many 3080's are out in the wild at this point? 10k? 20k?
Take into account that the list is based on people who sent in the info to be included on the list. It doesn't take into account all the others that signed up for the email queue but didn't know about the spreadsheet list.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Did you pay in full in store? That's really strange. I am one of those guys that ordered the day after online from ME and got mine. Same TUF.
No I did not pay, the sales didn't even ask. According to them there is no priority for ppl that put down money in store at all. Problem is they have no way to track que against online and in store orders. They can only track online orders so they shipped all online orders out first as soon as their warehouse receives stocks and didn't even bother to fill store orders. Like someone on reddit mentioned the online store might as well be a separate store at this point. I did have a vision OC paid as soon as they allowed back order on it. Still says waiting for part, doubt it will come by the end of the month.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Take into account that the list is based on people who sent in the info to be included on the list. It doesn't take into account all the others that signed up for the email queue but didn't know about the spreadsheet list.

understood but it just seems like there is a laughable amount of cards in people's hands. For example console launches have something like a couple million ready to go, I don't nvidia or aib's had more than a couple thousand cards ready to go lol.

mhayze

Nov 18, 2017
I pre-ordered a 3070 on provantage, not sure if it was a great idea or if there's any chance it'll ship in a reasonable timeframe, but they charged my card already. Still hoping to nab a 3080 so I can cancel.

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my system ram in today. Got my FE 3080 finally installed and windows up and running in a new build. What a relief.

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018
I didn't realise I ordered the non-OC Strix 3080 back on pre-order day until like 2 weeks after the fact, but felt it was probably better just to keep it rather than deal with trying to go for something else at that point. But now they're saying the above and that upsets me a little haha. I've moved from position 42 to 37 overall on OCUK, so slowly getting there....
Not to spoil your hopes but that should be due to people cancelling their orders. There hasn't been a single non OC Strix delivered. Fwiw I ordered one half an hour after launch...

Edit: I didn't order at OCUK, to be clear.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
yea that comment was full of shit lol

Things are looking good on the step up this week. Last week they hardly sent out any, definitely less then the previous two weeks. But, this week they sent out nearly as many as all previous weeks combined, at least based on the loose math of the unofficial google doc list.

That said, they are still only like an hour into the first day. But, If next week keeps this pace I should be in there!

RankFTW

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I want to do this!!! Can you list your water parts??

Here's the list from when I bought most of it. I am using 6x Arctic P12 fans and a couple of 45° fittings. Total outlay I'd say was in the region of £500 but after the initial spend everything is going to last a long time. Need to get a waterblock and backplate for the GPU but that can wait until my bank recovers.

yJIqBeb.png

OK so what, 7% faster than 3080 and 7% slower than 3090. Seems pointless.

RankFTW

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
3080Ti will be a lot closer to 3090 performance than 3080. Extra 2GB of VRAM will be perfect for next gen and some peace of mind. So no, it's not pointless. The only problem is you won't be able to buy it, hah.

ImcAeZ8.png

Nvidia are really going to piss a lot of people off with this. Bringing out a card that will no doubt beat a 3090 when overclocked for probably £400-£500 less. I honestly wish they were just upfront about all these SKUs to begin with so people could make informed decisions before spending money.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Why even come out with new SKUs when you can't even supply a fraction of the demand for existing SKUs. I seriously hope AMD brings the heat tomorrow. I'm sick of constantly refreshing a local forum, running distill.io and having multiple GPU orders out just to get a fucking graphics card.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nvidia are really going to piss a lot of people off with this. Bringing out a card that will no doubt beat a 3090 when overclocked for probably £400-£500 less. I honestly wish they were just upfront about all these SKUs to begin with so people could make informed decisions before spending money.
But 3090 was never intended for general gaming public, Nvidia made this clear multiple times. People getting 3090 knew what they are getting into, and many of them actually require it for their work so I don't see any problem with what Nvidia is doing here. We had x80Ti cards for many years now (almost a decade?), everyone who even remotely follows hardware news should be aware that Nvidia always release x80Ti that is just barely cut down from their best of the best, be it 3090 or Titan.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Scan seemingly got some more cards today including last weeks EVGA delivery a little late. The number on their outstanding EVGA orders (specifically looking at 3080s) has only moved 20 or so units from yesterdays update so its unlikely they got that many today... I've queried them, asking about if they got XC3 Ultras only or if they got Black/Gaming variants of the XC3 too... we shall see.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
What worries me more isn't that CP2077 will slip into 2021, it's that they may actually release it on 10th of Dec - in a horrible state with loads of bugs and a whole list of performance issues. That would be really bad.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
3070 and AMD should hopefully free up some 3080 demand a lil too
God, I hope so. This is such a disaster.

What worries me more isn't that CP2077 will slip into 2021, it's that they may actually release it on 10th of Dec - in a horrible state with loads of bugs and a whole list of performance issues. That would be really bad.

Yeap, it's better to delay couple months and get the game right, but I don't think they are willing to do so at this point. It's probably going to be terrible on OG Xbox, PS4 and Xbox S. Witcher 3 took couple months to get it in a really good state.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
This is kinda why i've put Cyberpunk in the middle of my backlog; there's going to be loads of games to play from Nov onwards and i'd rather let them patch it up a decent amount, like the Witcher.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just ran a bit of 3DMark on my 3080 Gaming OC to see if I can break anything. Was watching GPU-Z on the side.

Board power draw managed to hit around 350W without any issues as far as I could tell. Only weird thing to me is the 8-Pin #1's power never seemed to hit its peak of 150W, whereas the 8-pin #2's did.

Dunno how this works exactly. Is the order of those determined by where they're plugged into the PSU, or are they determined entirely by the GPU?

Like, I'm looking at my card in its case with the Gigabyte logo rightside-up. The leftmost 8-pin was the one I had the issue plugging my power cable into, so if there's gonna be any loose pins, it's gonna be that one. Is it safe to assume that one's 8-pin #1, and if so, would a lower power usage from that one indicate a pin is indeed loose, or would the issue arise elsewhere?

I think I also read someone saying that the cause of the melting power cable on the PSU-end would be the result of too much power being drawn from one of the pins or something?

Absolutely getting nowhere with support here in the US, so I'm just trying to figure out if there's any immediate danger with my card.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh damn my Ventus is about to ship from Amazon and arrive this Friday.

Ughhh still can't make up my mind about keeping it. Just reading how people need to undervolt and other configurations makes me uneasy about getting it now vs waiting a few more months to see more competition and updates.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
have an order on a 3080 with an austrian retailer ( e-tec) but only getting a tentative shipping window form mid to end of november :(
Wanted to play AC:V maxed out.