SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit! Even when the fucked up rights get worked out this series still can't get going. Although, I admit that this always seemed like a weird concept. If they've got the rights worked out, then just make a new Friday without going into any prequel storylines.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks for Friday the 13th fans. I hope eventually someone gives you a new project you all love.

That said, I wish A24 luck in trying to get into bigger projects. Seriously, I want A24 and MGM to grow so we can have new big studios depending on how the future goes. I know fans want A24 to make small experimental films only, but it would be nice to see them be able to compete with other studios. And I'm sure we'll have a replacement sooner or later (either pre-existing like Neon or someone new).

That said, consider who you cast A24. That's all I'll say.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Sorry A24, I love you, but if you cast the rock I'm done.
They already did.

variety.com

Benny Safdie to Direct Dwayne Johnson in A24 Movie About MMA Legend Mark Kerr

Benny Safdie has set his solo directorial debut with 'The Smashing Machine,' an A24 feature film starring Dwayne Johnson as MMA champion Mark Kerr.

Edit: I forgot about this being a thing. I'm just going to assume its cancelled so I don't get my hopes up. I've been wanting a new Friday the 13th for soooo long.

Jul 2, 2021

ultiwachan-laughing.gif

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
said this in another thread at some point, but the A24 going forward will not be the A24 of the past few years. they want to make money. less experiments, more stars.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
said this in another thread at some point, but the A24 going forward will not be the A24 of the past few years. they want to make money. less experiments, more stars.
Thats fine.

I have no specific attachment to the A24 brand. If they just become another studio, I'm not gonna be too bummed about it.

I do hope there will continue to be studios and/or distributor willing to put money behind low-budget, creatively ambitious projects. And Neon seems to be filling that role atm.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thats fine.

I have no specific attachment to the A24 brand. If they just become another studio, I'm not gonna be too bummed about it.

I do hope there will continue to be studios and/or distributor willing to put money behind low-budget, creatively ambitious projects. And Neon seems to be filling that role atm.

Yeah I don't think that section of the market is in any particular danger right now, just that A24 has one-foot out of it.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Is Blumhouse now bad?
I loved the Happy Death Days and Invisible Man. Didn't care for the Halloweens but it seems like he let the writers and director do what they wanted with that trilogy and I respect that even if I don't care for the outcome.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't we hear A24 is only trying to be "legit" after Civil War? I feel like A24 as the avantgrade studio is about to end. And it's because of fucking shareholders?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
So they want to stop making good movies in favor of working with such "talent" as The Rock and Glen Powell? Rest in piss.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Is Blumhouse now bad?
I loved the Happy Death Days and Invisible Man. Didn't care for the Halloweens but it seems like he let the writers and director do what they wanted with that trilogy and I respect that even if I don't care for the outcome.

It's really the same as they've always been. They produce so many movies that you inevitably end up with quite a few misses to go along with the movies that hit. But i'll take a dozen Night Swim's and Imaginary's so long as they keep making stuff like Soft & Quiet.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
Reviving the mid-budget star vehicle feels a lot more on brand for A24 than licensing out big IP so I'm for this. F13 will land somewhere I'm sure, it's too hot an IP not to and horror is huge. Just hope it gets a better shake than Halloween and Exorcist did.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
Reviving the mid-budget star vehicle feels a lot more on brand for A24 than licensing out big IP so I'm for this. F13 will land somewhere I'm sure, it's too hot an IP not to and horror is huge. Just hope it gets a better shake than Halloween and Exorcist did.
I haven't seen the new Exorcist, but if they want to do better than Halloween then all they have to do is not sideline Jason in favour of some new annoying kid with an eye rolling 'anyone can be a monster' message shoehorned in.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Cursed franchise aside, this always seemed like a weird combination imo.
I don't know, A24 rocks, but something like this just didn't seem like their kind of project.

Also, I feel really bad for Fuller, guy has it rough.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Love it when a company goes away from what made the company unique & successful in the first place...

NOT dead New

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
Update: It's not dead.

According to Bloody Disgusting's sources, however, A24 has NOT killed off "Crystal Lake" at this time. We have confirmed the show is still happening, but there is some retooling of the project happening behind the scenes. We're digging for more info. Stay tuned.
bloody-disgusting.com

“Crystal Lake” – A24 Has NOT Pulled the Plug on Their ‘Friday the 13th’ TV Series [Exclusive]

Can you believe it’s now been 15 YEARS since we last saw Jason Voorhees on the screen? In the wake of several years’ worth of legal troubles, the Voorhees family was finally set to return in a new Friday the 13th television series from A24, Peacock and Bryan Fuller (“Hannibal”) titled “Crystal...

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

bloody-disgusting.com

“Crystal Lake” – A24 Has NOT Pulled the Plug on Their ‘Friday the 13th’ TV Series [Exclusive]

Can you believe it’s now been 15 YEARS since we last saw Jason Voorhees on the screen? In the wake of several years’ worth of legal troubles, the Voorhees family was finally set to return in a new Friday the 13th television series from A24, Peacock and Bryan Fuller (“Hannibal”) titled “Crystal...
"we are parting ways with Bryan Fuller and thank him for his contribution" is what I am expecting.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm betting that Fuller has left (again) and the show needs to be retooled so it doesn't end up like American Gods or Hannibal.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO

bloody-disgusting.com

tumblr_lqihhdO6cb1qbr04bo1_500.gif

We are so back.....I think?