• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
via Windows Central
9f6TYzi.jpg

This picture comes to us from a reliable source who is familiar with Amazon and Microsoft's efforts to link Alexa and Cortana. In upcoming Xbox One builds, the Kinect & Devices menu should have a new "Digital Assistants" section, which lets you enable Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana, for use on your Xbox One. It then directs you to install the Xbox skills app for those respective platforms to get connected. The full range of features for those assistants remains unknown, but it could bring back many of the voice-assisted features abandoned Kinect users are yearning for.
https://www.windowscentral.com/amazon-alexa-and-google-assistant-are-coming-xbox-one

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully that means Ok Google, turn on my Xbox One. That's the onon thing I miss from Kinect.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Cortana and Alexa cooperating? It's okay Cortana, you're my favorite <3

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same Alexa that passively records conversations.

Why anyone trusts this home assistant bullshit is beyond me.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hmm. With the dropping of Kinect, it's good to hear they have plans. Hopefully I can Google assist on my phone and link to my Xbox.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I think this is dope and I use a lot of smart home stuff already but putting this in a press conference seems like a really bad idea unless it's just a sentence or two that Phil says.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's definitely coming, at least Alexa guaranteed. The partnership was already announced.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ask your echo about Cortana specifically.

Hopefully, MS and Amazon getting all close means we get a new twitch app.

Last edited:

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense since there are already games that have Alexa integration.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Alexa would be very nice for Destiny 2.

FlyStarJay

Jan 7, 2018
as we know in the case of apple vs amazon, amazon refused to sell apple tv cause it didn't have the amazon tv app on it. Could it be why amazon stopped selling sony made games?

Yes i know this is a stretch and a half

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
If so it shows they've learned nothing. Wow.

How really? There are more people with these smart speakers than Kinects, and the people that work on these dashboard features aren't making games. Heck, it probably costs MS close to nothing to do this considering they already have commands laid out.

The same Alexa that passively records conversations.

Why anyone trusts this home assistant bullshit is beyond me.

Records conversations if you put your phone contacts into it to let it make phone calls.

People like home assistants for the same reason why people like technology in general — convenience.

I guess you don't have a smartphone then considering it's mobile (unlike home assistant speakers), has a microphone, a camera (most of them two cameras these days), and can connect to networks outside of just WiFi.