Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Hype level went down a few notches. But, I will remain hopeful that it will still be a good game.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
First Person does not equal First Person Shooter. Unless if you want to call Ocarina of Time a Third Person Shooter because it's in third person and you shoot things in it, and Alien Isolation an FPS because it's in first person and you get a gun.

I find the number of people declaring their lack of interest over something so barely consequential when they know next to nothing else about the game hilarious, either way. But I guess that's "giving opinions on the internet" for you - everything must be an extreme.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind either way but I'd prefer it to be third person.

But I'm just really desperate for anything cyberpunk so I'll take it however I can get it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they already said that the option for first person will be there, there'll just be a toggle.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We already knew this through a rumour many years ago.

https://www./threads/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-both-first-and-third-person.649971/

I guess they dropped the 3rd person, or aren't talking about it for now.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given that Deus Ex is probably dead I'm happy with CDPR spin. I'm just worried about the gameplay, the studios weakest part.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I mean, generally I don't like 1st person games at all, so it's a bummer, it really sucks if true, I had big hopes for the game.
Having said that, I'll just wait and see, who knows.

Trode

Mar 27, 2018
That's a cool rumor, would love if it was true. First person adds so much more immersion.

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh, I hope it's just one or the other. Not a fan of mixed perspectives. It always feels disjointed or compromised in some way that a full FP or TP game isn't.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
200w.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Im pretty sure it's both TPP and FPP.

Keep in mind that CDPR hired a Rockstar North and a Remedy gameplay designer and level designer so im confident.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how hyped many of you actually were if a simple unsubstantiated rumor is enough to to completely kill your interest.

And even if it is only First Person, are you really that against the perspective that you'd avoid playing a game entirely? Seems a bit close minded to me.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand why people are so invested in a perspective to the point where they won't play it if it's first or third. It really doesn't make that much of a difference alone.

If the abovementioned information turns out to be true, we're in for a serious treat. Cyberpunk 2077 in a first-perspon perspective would be a direct competition to games like System Shock , Prey, and most of all – Deus Ex that always bathed deeply in cyberpunk

Well no not necessarily. I guess if you're just talking setting then maybe, but first person does not necessarily equal immersive sim. From what we can tell they're aiming to make it much more of a RPG or action RPG and it's going to be open world. That would be like saying Fallout New Vegas competes with Deus Ex.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
The article mentions that is the from the first person perspective. I don't think I even saw the term FPS in what the OP posted so I feel the title is misleading. Calling it an FPS makes people think of games like Call of Duty rather than RPGs like the Elders Scrolls.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I would be happy with either. It could be both.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, don't like it. Hearing fallout makes me shudder because then it's a janky game in FPP or a mediocre one in TPP.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Sure hoping they let you switch perspectives. I'd rather it not be first person, but I'll still have faith in it being good even if it is. Please show something at E3! :p

MrLPG

Dec 29, 2017
Kinda disappointing since I love seeing my character in games but well... I'll save my judgement till we get some gameplay from E3 :)

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm okay with it but if they keep their dialogues like TES and FO then it sucks balls, they have great cutscene directors and this way they wouldn't be able to do cinematic cutscenes.

OP
OP
patapon

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
The article mentions that is the from the first person perspective. I don't think I even saw the term FPS in what the OP posted so I feel the title is misleading. Calling it an FPS makes people think of games like Call of Duty rather than RPGs like the Elders Scrolls.

The title of the article says FPS??? I just copied it.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm...surprised to see all the comments here.

Do we just want them to keep making the same games over and over again? I think it's neat that they're trying something new.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I don't quite see how CD Projekt will want to create a Cyberpunk game in which players can create their own character without including the option to see said characters (and, I'm assuming, all the badass enhancements and mods you'll add to her/him/it(?)). What is the point then? I'm sure that if they are going for a First Person Perspective, they'll absolutely include TPP for players to switch between according to their preference as they originally mentioned when the game was revealed.

That being said, I really wish we got a TPP perspective exclusively. I'm worried that offering both FPP and TPP will affect animations and the 'feel' of the movement at all (think the clunkiness of Skyrim or Fallout). I hope not, but then again I don't know how the development and implementation of both perspectives will work and whether it will (if at all) affect the animations and feel of the game.

Still my most hyped-for game in the history of ever though, regardless.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well it will probably play closer to Deus Ex then.

Deus Ex, System shock and Prey are all mentioned in the OP yet people are still losing their shit.

To be honest, the title is bad. Like I said earlier in the thread, just because it will (might) be first person it doesn't make it a shooter. I mean, you can play all of the games mentioned above like a shooter but you're not going to have much fun doing so...

If it's a first person immersive sim I'll be there from day one, no questions asked.

Ludens

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I'm...surprised to see all the comments here.

Do we just want them to keep making the same games over and over again? I think it's neat that they're trying something new.
Whats new about FP? You cant even see your character and this game is supposed to be heavy on costumization if im not wrong. You want to se all the flashy shit you have on damnit lol.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Does GamePressure/Manka have an established history of accurate reporting on stuff like this? I've never heard of them before.

In any case, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if Cyberpunk were a first person perspective game, but it would kinda clash with the focus on visual character customisation that CDPR have mentioned wanting to pursue:

IGN Interview

Character customisation, for instance, was necessarily not an option in Geralt's world. But in Cyberpunk 2077, it's self-defined role-playing: your style and personality will have deep and far-reaching effects on the world and how it reacts to you. "We will have several features that allow you to create your [visual] style, and your style will affect gameplay, storyline and relationships between characters," explains creative director Sebastian Stepien. "Your appearance and your dress will change the behaviour of NPCs, and also the story also in some parts," Mateusz adds. Style and appearance works together with the personality you create for your character and express in conversation to determine how the world reacts to you.