• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Well there's no technological reason for why this shouldn't be doable. Whether or not this rumour has any truth to it is another matter entirely (and I have no idea honestly).

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Blizzard
tenor.gif

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think i called this in at least 2 or 3 Direct predictions lol

Makes too much sense.

Lemrik

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I think their source is Marcus Sellar...Why is every news site reporting on some random guys tweets?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
If it came with reaper of souls and the necromancer I would consider getting it .

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, I don't need a new reason to jump back into the crack that is Diablo 3. Making it portable seems like a smart move, but hopefully they'll find a way to implement your saves/characters. No chance I'm restarting from zero tbh.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Isn't there a diablo clone coming out on Switch already. Might double dip for Diablo 3 though.

Rushoff

Oct 28, 2017
Day 1 for me if true.. however Blizzard, please.. how many times can you milk that cow? Just give us Diablo 4 already and let's forget about the abomination of the series, called Diablo 3 (well, besides first week or two on hardcore mode inferno difficulty, which was fun as hell)

DuperGoon

Jan 29, 2018
Personally disliked Diablo 3 but this is getting to the point of the Switch living up to its stereotype of being a port machine.

If we are gonna have ports, give us Overwatch. Thanks.

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Off topic post, port begging
Bring on all the ports!!!! Come on Ubisoft, let's bring Assassin creed and the crew to switch!

Let's get gta5 too!

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 for me if true.. however Blizzard, please.. how many times can you milk that cow? Just give us Diablo 4 already and let's forget about the abomination of the series, called Diablo 3 (well, besides first week or two on hardcore mode inferno difficulty, which was fun as hell)

Lmao.

DuperGoon

Jan 29, 2018
Considering you keep on paying for it...

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
How amazing would it be if Nintendo let them add Mario as a playable character in Diablo 3? I know it would never happen, but holy shit I would triple dip so fast.

Oct 26, 2017

I'm really confused.
Day 1 for you, you complain about milking the game and you call Diablo III as an "abomination", even if you want to buy it if the rumour is true.
Ok.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna get my hopes up after the Hearthstone-rumors, but it does seem like a more logical fit. Definitely wouldn't triple dip for $50+ though.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Day 1 buy for me. A Diablo 3 port on the Switch has been on my wishlist since the Switch was released. This would be my first triple-dip, which is funny, because the initial PC release was so disappointing.

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really see Blizzard bothering with the Switch, to be honest. But Diablo 3 would certainly be nice, much better fit than Hearthstone and probably better-aligned with the demographics of the console than Overwatch.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Makes too much sense...Activision was more or less a no show in Switches first year - for the second year they could be there with Crash, Diablo 3 and CoD.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Just give us Diablo 4 already
They were hiring for it a year or two ago. I'd expect some mention at this years Blizzcon as their big 'surprise'. There are still no plans for an Overwatch 2 or Overwatch expansion. SC2 is essentially done. Diablo 3 is essentially done (aside from this rumored port which we'd likely see well before blizzcon since it's not a huge deal). Battle for Azeroth will have just launched... so that doesn't leave much else since we assume WC3 remaster will be officially announced in the coming weeks.

I don't really see Blizzard bothering with the Switch, to be honest. But Diablo 3 would certainly be nice, much better fit than Hearthstone and probably better-aligned with the demographics of the console than Overwatch.

Literally none of this makes sense... Blizzard is interested in the console market of which Switch is already a big player. Hearthstone would work fine in portable mode and where the heck do you get the demographics for switch would be better aimed at Diablo than Overwatch?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Diablo 4 isn't in sight, it makes sense that they would re-release Diablo UEE for the Switch in a nice bundle that includes the necromancer DLC.

Chewie

Nov 29, 2017
Hungary
While I am not the biggest fan of Diablo 3, but I do believe the game possibly getting a Switch port makes the most sense out of Blizzard's modern catalogue. D3 played surprisingly well on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.