• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 23, 2018
Is this really a rumor? More of a leak? Or a mine lol? I think this mode has been in the works for a long time, correct?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Interesting - not what I'm looking for in Fortnite but it would probably bring in even more audiences that don't play well with third person.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
There's been some speculation this is more for enabling stuff in creative mode than them building a first person BR but we'll see.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not entirely sure a first person mode suits the current BR mode all that well, both in terms of gameplay and how the map is designed. But I'm still very curious, will definitely give it a try if it comes out.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No build was the first step right? Can't imagine how confusing first person building would be. Ha!

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
www.resetera.com

Epic is working on a First Person Mode for Fortnite Rumor

via Hypex, a reliable Fortnite insider

Previously reported in June with the exact same screenshot (which I assume is pre switch to UE5 with all the fancy new features).

I definitely remembered hearing about this before as others mentioned. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this this time, but right now I don't really know if this is substantial enough to count as news or a new rumour.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I just don't see what the appeal is for this. First person players are at an inherent disadvantage against third person players who can see more. It makes no sense for it to be a totally separate mode with its own queue when the playerbase is already split between build/no build and 1/2/3/4 player versions of both. And all the money they make is on skins that you can't see in first person.

KernelZee

May 11, 2022
Making facing worlds and a translocator and a shock rifle and a nali warcow model and now we're talking! 😃

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I just don't see what the appeal is for this. First person players are at an inherent disadvantage against third person players who can see more. It makes no sense for it to be a totally separate mode with its own queue when the playerbase is already split between build/no build and 1/2/3/4 player versions of both. And all the money they make is on skins that you can't see in first person.

As noted, there is non-trivial evidence of an Oculus Quest port so it might well be for that.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee you they're gonna add this to the no build mode.

Both modes are meant to appeal to non-fortnite fans, so it only makes sense to combine them into one mode.
no-build being lumped with first person sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. splitting them into further categories like no-build-tps and no-build-fps is the likely option

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
yes but could i look down and see my body? give me that immersion, even if it's just master chief style of seeing the legs.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Fortnite is so insanely huge that I'm sure they can fit another playlist in there without it fucking up matchmaking times. And first person games like Call of Duty and Apex have already proven that people will buy skins anyway.