• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
It's a proper next-gen Remake if it's not on Switch

I wonder what the future Switch successor specs look like for this to skip the platform

Feb 16, 2022
Have they been actually vetted by mods? Last I remember they said mods haven't reached out but they already asked to be vetted

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
A FF9 remake that would run on the Switch would be
a)Cloud based or
b)a massive technical disappointment in 2024/2025+

Let's wait and see. Maybe they should finish FF7 remake firstā€¦

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I was hoping for a FF7R tier or at least close to it remake, that got shot down by some journalists last year I think. PS exclusive and not releasing on Switch gives me a bit more hopium.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Have they been actually vetted by mods? Last I remember they said mods haven't reached out but they already asked to be vetted

I saw enough that leads me to believe P3 Remake is real. I can not vouch for ANYTHING else.

That was ME vetting it awhile back, not other mods.

So anything from now on is just Rumors as with my current position I can't really being doing that now.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any point in teasing an unannounced game that's two years (or more) away from release.

Also why would an Atlus leaker have access to Square Enix stuff?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the "at least 2 years away" part is accurate.

Feb 16, 2022
I saw enough that leads me to believe P3 Remake is real. I can not vouch for ANYTHING else.

That was ME vetting it awhile back, not other mods.

So anything from now on is just Rumors as with my current position I can't really being doing that now.
So what was vetted was the P3Remake rumor, but not the user themselves?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I mean, if it's for 2025 it makes sense, but I don't think that it's going to be a graphic powerhouse anyway

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
A more reputable leaker said FF9 remake was more of a 'replacement' to the existing version with a budget similar to Trials of Mana. So I very much doubt it's a AAA remake that Switch couldn't manage.

Can we vet this person please?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
A game that is at least two years away not being on Switch is expected. Would be Drake if anything.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I am always hesitant to believe exclusivity rumours. It has happened time and time again that a game was meant to be playstation only, from DMC 5 to Final Fantasy Chaos etc etc. If a console is the lead platform and has marketing, it is probably easy for whatever vague information a leaker is able to provide that it is exclusive, when in reality that is the only version they know of.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Is this another one of those rumours which begins as a PlayStation exclusive game but in the end turn out to be a multiplatform game?

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Shame, if it still keeps the same perspective/style (which has to, for the love of God), would have been a great handheld game. Oh well, on to Project Q I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.