• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Sorry for the clickbait title. Don't want to possible spoil for those that want to be suprised. Even if is just a rumor.

The games are Avowed, Fable and Persona 3 Remake

whenisxbox_4013233_650x.jpg

Xbox head Phil Spencer has several times teased that we'd get an update from a handful of the big Xbox Game Studios titles unveiled the last few years, so rumours and speculations have been running rampant the lately. Then it's a good thing that some of the most anticipated ones will actually be there.

Because four sources I've spoken with have confirmed that both Avowed and Fable will be shown at the Xbox Games Showcase. These new trailers will as promised not be CG like the ones used to announce the games, but instead give us an indication of what they'll actually look and play like.

More at Gamereactor: https://www.gamereactor.eu/report-a...ake-to-be-in-the-xbox-games-showcase-1273943/

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If Perfect Dark doesn't show up I sleep.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Persona leaked, Avowed was basically guaranteed (Phil said it by name as well as Hellblade 2), and Fable was heavily rumored. Seems legit.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Good for them, but unfortunately two of those already leaked (Andy Robinson already said Fable) and Avowed should be expected to be there imo

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, two games that have already been teased by other folks and the game that was literally leaked by actual game maker. Thank you Gamereactor

7aef80677481eace481843f80970eddc.jpg

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I assume Armored Core as well since someone on the Giant Bomb couch mentioned it , I assume its in one of the "backstage areas" and embargoed till after the show on sunday

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont know how that's that big of a spoiler. Not like they havent been announced or just leaked.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Locks for the show: Starfield, FM, Avowed, Hellblade 2, Fable, Persona.

Is that already the best show this year without even counting anything else?

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Well at least 30 minutes of that is dedicated to the Starfield Direct. Also Xbox first party has like 30+ projects in development (confirmed or rumored), any of these could be missing and it could still be a packed showcase.
Very true. Sorry, pessimistic after PlayStation's uhh… whatever that was.

I hope State of Decay shows signs of life, truthfully but those three mentioned are pretty great.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if we get Avowed and Fable gameplay, with that then being followed up with the Starfield Direct.

Would be insane.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This is shaping up to be a killer show. I'm so excited for Starfield, Avowed, and Hellblade 2.

I would say P3R as well but... you know.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
RPG fans are going to be feasting at the showcase tomorrow. Avowed, Starfield, Fable, Persona 3 Remake, maybe whatever InXile is working on?

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kind of curious to see Fable. I never played the original games, but interested to see where they go with this. Different times, and it has been a while since the last ones released. They were successful, but didn't exactly light the world on fire either.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
I would love to finally see Avowed. The Pillars series had some of the most intriguing world building I've ever seen, and Pillars 2 ended on a massive cliffhanger for the entire setting as a whole. It's been years since Avowed was revealed, and we still don't even know if Avowed is actually a prequel or a sequel, nor the region of the world that it is actually taking place in.

I especially want to see how the Cipher class would actually work in an action RPG system, considering their focus on psychic magic that uses the souls of allies and enemies as conduits to power their effects. And I really hope it's actually taking place in the Living Lands, because the lore books in the Pillars games made it sound rather intriguing.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Woah, no way. Two games that were clearly due to be in one of these shows and one game that already got leaked by their own company the other day (with info it will be on Gamepass) are going to be there.

Damn, I really can't believe it.

/s

Dupr Dog

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 16, 2022
They announced so many games so many years ago now it wouldn't be the least bit surprising if Avowed, Fable, and Perfect Dark were all shown in playable form.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Probably the lamest rumor so far! Those three are already pretty much confirmed lol. Hope there are surprises

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Well no shit. If the first 2 didnt show up after 3 years Xbox has probably got deeper problems than we even know about.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Avowed's the only one I'm interested in and I'm still a bit sad they'll probs never go back to isometric games ever again.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Avowed's the only one I'm interested in and I'm still a bit sad they'll probs never go back to isometric games ever again.
Obsidian is pretty big now, they work on multiple projects at various scales. Like last year, they were simultaneously working on two AAA games (Avowed, Outer Worlds 2), one arguably AA game (Grounded), and one indie-style game (Pentiment). I feel certain they'll do isometrics once in a while.

But Pillars of Eternity 3? That's probably gotten subsumed into Avowed. :(