• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like this deserved some attention outside of the speculation thread, this podcast has XB regulars on it pretty often from what I saw and the guy saying this is reliable.

But then our boy just comes in with this
c077a8827ea236c759e31f7b47a1141b.png

I am very interested to see a Halo story told this way.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Bring it on 343i. Amazing campaign with new vehicles and giant space battles , battlefields with Brutes, Grunts and Elites a full on warzone all with RT :) also make Atriox the villain. :)

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone who wasn't expecting this to be a wide linear title wasn't paying attention. Single shot is an interesting choice though, wasn't expecting that especially since that one cinematic they released wasn't like that at all? 🤔

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So, like Half Life? I suppose that's how a single cut in a FPS game would work? Unless the came would constantly shift back to show a third person perspective and then go back into Chief's head.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer they showed last E3 is apparently the opening of the game and has exactly two cuts in it, so... maybe? I could believe it

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
hope that's not it, they have a problem making a competent 'normal' campaign, dont need to add gimmicks and really go off the rails

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
If they take one thing from GoW, I hope it would be overall world design.

The semi-open world GoW did is what I want every open world game to do. Not so big that it's daunting, but not so small that it feels cramped.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone who wasn't expecting this to be a wide linear title wasn't paying attention. Single shot is an interesting choice though, wasn't expecting that especially since that one cinematic they released wasn't like that at all? 🤔
The takes were longish in the last trailer but there were certainly cuts. By necessity, a first-person game with third-person cutscenes has to have cuts.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the scene when Cortana is gonna be talking shit to him while he's on a mongoose to go get his CE pistol back.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does he throw a gun and it comes back to him? That'd kind of cool if it shot out bullets while it was coming back to you.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I'm being gaslit, at people not understanding how an FPS with a continuous camera could work.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
curious on how it will be made since the transition to FPS has to be seamless and not overdone. i love me some continuous shooting <3

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Eh I kind of consider the whole single shot thing in GOW to be a noble failure, really not psyched on other games doing it.