• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the Star, so take a grain of salt.
A report from The Daily Star has stated that an insider at Sony, who are developing a big-budget biopic on Eqyptian Queen Cleopatra, is now looking at Gaga potentially playing the legendary ruler in the new film.

Oscar-winner Angelina Jolie was previously the favourite to take the part, but could Gaga be about to win the role?

The source spoke on the state of negotiations and who is in the running.

They explained that the race between Gaga and Angelina was so tight that "both of them will have to audition - a pretty rare ask of an A-list star". "

The new film is billed by the source at Sony as a "dirty, bloody political thriller told from a feminist perspective".
Gaga is of Italian & French-Canadian heritage.

Angelina Jolie is very European.

To sum up: it is quite possible that Cleopatra was pure Macedonian Greek. But it is probable that she had some Egyptian blood, although the amount is uncertain. Certainly it was no more than half, and probably less. The best evidence is that she was three-quarters Macedonian Greek and one-quarter Egyptian.
of that.

My bad, I didn't do enough research on Cleopatra.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The World
XwIIwSU.gif

This is for Sony.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
IIRC Gaga's dream role is Cleopatra so I'm not surprised she's gunning for it

If they try to make Jolie audition I doubt she'll want to, that's kinda insulting

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
Even considering her partly unclear ancestry, Cleopatra was mostly Macedonian Greek.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
why the fuck am I seeing the Daily Star being used as a source here so often these days?

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't they been trying to make Jolie Cleopatra for over a decade. They tried roping in Fincher but he noped out pretty quick.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My bad, folks. My history knowledge is not the greatest, so I completely thought Cleo was fully Egyptian.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, the entire Ptolmey empire was a successor empire of Alexander.

She played up being "Egyptian", but her ancestory is kind of murky and it's likely that she was more Greek than Roman.

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
Lets get two popular misconceptions wrapped up in one and state shes of Macedonian ancestry but we are actually talking about FYROM

No, ancient Macedon was located in and around what's now modern Greece and doesn't really have anything to do with modern Macedonian identity beyond nationalism.

Yeah, the entire Ptolmey empire was a successor empire of Alexander.

She played up being "Egyptian", but her ancestory is kind of murky and it's likely that she was more Greek than Roman.

No, she wasn't Roman. The Ptolemaic dynasty was really into inbreeding

Ptolemaic_dynasty.GIF

Nov 20, 2017
Fuck it, I'm already reciting it in my head so the rest of you can too:

I will tell you.
The barge she sat in, like a burnish'd throne,
Burned on the water: the poop was beaten gold;
Purple the sails, and so perfumed that
The winds were lovesick with them; the oars were silver,
Which to the tune of flutes kept stroke, and made
The water which they beat to follow faster,
As amorous of their strokes. For her own person,
It beggar'd all description: she did lie
In her pavilion, cloth-of-gold of tissue,
O'erpicturing that Venus where we see
The fancy outwork nature: on each side her
Stood pretty dimpled boys, like smiling Cupids,
With divers-colour'd fans, whose wind did seem

Oct 27, 2017
They've been trying to get Angelina in the role forever it feels like.

And there's nothing really to indicate Cleopatra had any actual Egyptian blood in her. She comes from a long line sibling-fuckers. And failing a sibling to fuck, the next closest relative.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
imagine thinking someone named Cleopatra Philopater wasn't greek lol. I think she was the first of her dynasty to actually learn Egyptian rather than just Greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.