• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Credit to the person who actually found it.

If a rating on the International Age Rating Coalition is to be believed, Ninty is breaking out a new signature bake. The listing has the name EclairCity, with Nintendo down as both publisher and the 'production company'. Is that the sound of our collective bellies rumbling?

No platform is stated, so this could be anything from a Nintendo Switch title to something aimed at the mobile market, but it could mean we're going to be getting a brand new IP for Nintendo in the future. Interestingly, the game - which was rated on 16th December, 2017 - was given a 'PG/Mild Violence' rating, so maybe it won't all be icing and cupcakes in EclairCity...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._suggests_its_making_a_game_called_eclaircity

original.jpg

Lock if old/already proven bullshit.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I cant deduce anything about it with that name.

If Retro was making it it would show in the "production company" right?

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NintendoEverything made an interesting comment about it:

Here's the thing: we're not entirely convinced that this is a Nintendo title at present. Listings for some indie games such as ChromaGun, Black Hole, and The Next Penelope also carry the "Nintendo of America" publisher name and even "Production Company" even though Nintendo has nothing to do with these releases.
Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/what-is-eclaircity/

Considering this and the eshop only release, I think it's probably an indie game.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Credit to the person who actually found it.

And can't be arsed to actually gave the source :P

Actual source: http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...Yh+2U9NW1MBLsZNZ+eX6Rj0n5cDCewxEU59ZhVYCxiqik

(Yup, it's the ACB, not the "IARC". IARC is just the global rating system)

By the way, since this was rated via the IARC system, that means it's digital-only game.

Probably a code name

Hmm... not possible. You don't give code names for game ratings. Of course, it's possible the game is using the same name as its codename xD

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally, Luigi's adventure in the Waffle Kingdom gets its time to shine.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Donkey Kong Country: Eclair City by Retro Studios.

The Kong family has to go to the land of sweets in order to stop an evil group of manatees who have stolen their banana stash.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's the actual name of a game and not a tentative title. It sounds ridiculous in a good way.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
It's a baking game where you use the Joy-Cons to make real pastries. Will be supplied with a box full of ingredients and a pair of Joy-Con condoms. Bake your own treats, then build a Labo robot to serve them to your friends!

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Isn't Eclair a baked sweet?

Maybe it's one of those smaller eShop games with a cake gimmick.

Or maybe Retro's next project is a PG adventure in Chocolate Cake Land.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I decided to board the hype train for this one and believe it's Retro. The fact that ot's published by Nintendo of America is an interesting hint. Not a Japanese game?

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
NintendoEverything made an interesting comment about it:

Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/what-is-eclaircity/

Considering this and the eshop only release, I think it's probably an indie game.
And can't be arsed to actually gave the source :P

Actual source: http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=STtSeu3GmhELvncoPUvEpQ%3d%3d&ncdctx=X4O9+piB5mFNeY33NgwYh+2U9NW1MBLsZNZ+eX6Rj0n5cDCewxEU59ZhVYCxiqik

(Yup, it's the ACB, not the "IARC". IARC is just the global rating system)

By the way, since this was rated via the IARC system, that means it's digital-only game.

Hmm... not possible. You don't give code names for game ratings. Of course, it's possible the game is using the same name as its codename xD
These definitely makes this sound as indie game.

LuigiBlood

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
away from Era
Kirby Star Allies' project name in the files is "Eclair". Taking from Kirby Planet Robobot's project name being Torte, and how it was confirmed that its full name was "TorteCity", I just think that "EclairCity" is just Kirby Star Allies.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably the next Donkey Kong game, featuring the return of his greatest foes- the Cake Crew.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hear me out. Eclairs are highly customizable. And the Labo kit has a giant robot destroying a city.
Custom Robo confirmed