Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Good.

The remake was my first time playing this series and I had fun. Bring on more Medievil.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
FYI, the second game was never re-released as a PS1 classic. So this is a pretty big deal. Especially if
They include the original PS1 version like they did with the previous remake.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well hope they do better for 2.
1 felt like the minimum needed for a remake, the graphics were modern but not amazing. Gameplay virtually no changes.
Hope they take some time to try and freshen the gameplay more.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Hoping they change Dan's voice in 2 and more like 1.

2's voice changed from the first, and he sounded like a dork... /: (

The first mumbling while wearing a tin bucket on his head much cooler, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I guess that the choice here is between a new remake or nothing. Being that the case, then sure, I'd prefer that they get to keep working with the series. It sold reasonably well and there's room for improvement if certain risks are taken.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
While I think MediEvil PS4 improved a hell of a lot of issues that the original had (I love it because nostalgia, but it doesn't hold up at all on the PS1 today, and I've not even played since the patch the fixed even more things), the second game holds up pretty damn well, so any improvements can only serve to strengthen it.

The aesthetics are so much cooler than the original though, and it goes to show how, like Bloodborne, adding Victorian Horror elements to a sequel always makes it cooler.

Wow, I thought for sure the first one bombed. That's cool if true.

It certainly wouldn't have bombed here in the UK. It's one of the PS1 games that was really popular/loved over here, up with Spyro, Oddworld and Ape Escape as like the second tier of most popular PS1 games- with Crash, Tomb Raider, MGS, Tekken, GT, and FFVII as the first tier.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Yes please. If they adhere to the gameplay of the original again then it won't review any better than MediEvil 2019, but I don't really care. I just love that world and its characters. It's always great to have Sir Dan back.

Wow, I thought for sure the first one bombed. That's cool if true.

I'm sure it did in America. Judging by some of the European charts though, it seems to have done pretty good for itself. And the game wasn't exactly a costly affair either.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Could work really well tbh

The game has a similiar mechanic to the bonfire, secrets in an open level, puzzles. They can basically make it similiar to Demon's Souls in level structure (short cuts, hub which is kind of there in the original) and it would still be true to the original games.
All of this was running through my head when playing the remake 😂

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'll be there day 1. Loved the first remake.
I have not played Medievil 2, but i think i saw a video of it ending on a cliffhanger...will it pay off this time?

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Could work really well tbh

The game has a similiar mechanic to the bonfire, secrets in an open level, puzzles. They can basically make it similiar to Demon's Souls in level structure (short cuts, hub which is kind of there in the original) and it would still be true to the original games.
I think an open hub-based structure to the game world is actually what the original creators were planning to do with MediEvil 3 anyway. It definitely would be the logical direction to advance the series.
I'll be there day 1. Loved the first remake.
I have not played Medievil 2, but i think i saw a video of it ending on a cliffhanger...will it pay off this time?
It took 19 years, but we finally did get some sort of payoff with the comic book that was released alongside the remake. The comic picks up from the MediEvil 2 cliffhanger and is based on the plot of a cancelled PS2 MediEvil 3 game.

I do wonder, if by some miracle we manage to get MediEvil 3, whether the developers would use that plot or create a new one.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
New MediEvil Dark Souls clone please

I don't think it needs to be a DS clone, especially difficulty wise, and I think it'd need to be more like Sekiro in terms of not having stamina/having more control of Sir Dan, considering it is a platformer after all. Sure, a shield was basically a necessity at most times, but it was never about cautiously hiding behind it: it was there to charge into fights recklessly.

However, having a world with interconnected areas compared to levels and a map screen would be a great way to bring the formula up to date.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I vastly preferred Medi 2 to 1 so I would check this out.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
ook 19 years, but we finally did get some sort of payoff with the comic book that was released alongside the remake. The comic picks up from the MediEvil 2 cliffhanger and is based on the plot of a cancelled PS2 MediEvil 3 game.

I do wonder, if by some miracle we manage to get MediEvil 3, whether the developers would use that plot or create a new one.
Oke, cool. Well i think, if there ever will be a Medievil 3, ut would be nice for the the real hard core fans to get the game they never got back in the day. Woyld also be nice to see a cancelled game from almost 20 years ago come back.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh so that's the Bluepoint remake everyone was talking about! /s

No joke, I'd be more excited for a MediEvil 2 remake from Bluepoint than a Demon's Souls one.

Same here. Never cared for the Souls games, but I'd take a MediEvil 2 remake from Blue point.

Yeah, ghost hunter was on if the most amazing Ps2 game tech wise. It felt like I was playing a high end xbox og game at the time.

Ghost Hunter had damn amazing graphics for the PS2.

It also had a damn annoying difficulty curve.

But yeah, I hope this is true. Loved the first remake and platinum'd it, so I'm in for a remake of 2 as I never played the sequel.

Oct 24, 2019
Never played the 2nd one, but it sounds like it has a bit of a different vibe/setting than the 1st? Can someone fill me in on how it's different please?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Never played the 2nd one, but it sounds like it has a bit of a different vibe/setting than the 1st? Can someone fill me in on how it's different please?

The first one is standard horror stuff, with zombies, pumpkins, skeletons etc., whereas the sequel takes place 500 years later in Victorian times. Sir Dan is a museum exhibit at this point, but he's brought back to life when a new villain finds Zarok's spell book. There's also more of a story to it, compared to the original.

You also have a few new abilities. I guess one is sort of a spoiler, Dankenstein, which is like a boxing minigame where you put your head on a Frankenstein monster and Dan-Hand (plus headless Dan) which is his head on a zombie hand, which is used for puzzles, and to access small spaces.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
NO WAY

I loved the hell out of the MediEvil remake but I never dreamed they'd do the sequel (which I've never gotten a chance to play). Plus, unlike Valve, maybe Sony plans to count to 3...