Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The best portable console in the world is about to get even better

Dear Sony, this is how you make a successful handheld console

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There are going to be massive changes in the industry over the next few years.

Interesting times ahead.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I don't know much about this whole streaming business, but it's clear it neccesites an excellent and stable wifi connection, right? How does this work on Switch w/ people, lets say, using public transport? I assume it it wouldn't work but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me has better insight?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Ug3vxjs.png

Wow you changed your tune pretty fast.
D6l8fu1.gif

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think we need some clarification on xCloud. Does it allow any game on XB1 to be streamed? Or is it a certain selection of games?

That would make a very big difference.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
I don't know much about this whole streaming business, but it's clear it neccesites an excellent and stable wifi connection, right? How does this work on Switch w/ people, lets say, using public transport? I assume it it wouldn't work but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me has better insight?

You're quite right, it won't work on public transit. Much like how Resident Evil 7 and Assassin's Creed work on the Switch in Japan right now. You'll need a fast, solid internet connection

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
if this was true, and used the same sub as on XBOX, it would be quite the megaton for me

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look at all these people talking about tons of Xbox games will be ported...oh wait they're not lmao

May 18, 2018
Okay this is what I needed to know. Does anyone have a link? I googled xCloud and just got articles about it and MS's press release.
Much appreciated.

So yeah, I apologize for my previous posts in this thread. I'm excited now. I would like to hop on the hype train now. I'll ride on the top if needed

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
The E3 2019 will be Nintendo and Microsoft's honeymoon, and maybe Sony already knew it...

ket

Jul 27, 2018
If Xbox Game Pass keeps getting Xbox exlcusives on launch day then why would anyone buy an Xbox One once Gears 5 or Halo Infinite (both of which are supposed to be Xbox One sellers) come out? Why not just stream those games from a Switch instead with Game Pass?

This doesn't make much sense from a business standpoint.

Deleted member 49574

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
I'm confused, is xCloud like Remote Play or is it like PSNow? If it's a streaming subscription service, no all games wont be available

Im pretty sure its going to be a flat subscription fee to access a Xbox in the cloud.. and you have to buy the games you want to play. cause that is what xcloud is.. xboxes compacted in server cases and put in azure data centers

they will talk about xCloud at GDC next month

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Megaton if true.

What I want most of all out of this Nintendo/Microsoft relationship:

- Goldeneye Remaster on Switch & Xbox
- Banjo in Smash
- Rare Replay on Switch

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Same here. Playing Gears on my Switch would be great

Has nothing to do with specs. That game would be streamed through xCloud on Switch

NateDrake is an insider on ERA

That's something I never thought could happen but here we are!!

I honestly hope so. I miss owning an Xbox One controller

Currently, but they can be added later on

It's legit. NateDrake is reporting it and he's an insider

It's okay. Hopefully future Switch iterations improve that chip in order for GamePass/xCloud to be viable on Switch

They should and I believe MS has a hand in it

It's not a no-name YouTube. Direct-Feed Games is NateDrake who is a reliable insider on ERA

I hope so.

That's NateDrake who is a reliable insider on ERA.

Direct-Feed Game is NateDrake who is an insider with a good track record

He wasn't wrong on that. Both NateDrake and Vern stated GTA V WAS in development and running on Switch but due to how expensive cartridges were, it was most likely either canned or put on hold.

Sure thing. I don't buy insiders with 11k subs.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, is xCloud like Remote Play or is it like PSNow? If it's a streaming subscription service, no all games wont be available
Xbox Game Pass is their subscription service. xcloud is the project for their cloud streaming platform. It will support every game that runs on Xbox One. whether devs will have to opt into that is not known. I suspect they will. I doubt EA will want their games on Microsoft's cloud when they are building their own. Anyway, it doesn't look like games will have to be part of a subscription like game pass to be streamed. Can be games you own digitally, they mentioned red dead redemption 2 in that xcloud announcement. I doubt that would ever come to game pass.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
E3 is gonna be wild. Spencer welcomes Bowser on stage at the Xbox show. And Spencer shows up in a Direct in a Bowser custome.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
You're quite right, it won't work on public transit. Much like how Resident Evil 7 and Assassin's Creed work on the Switch in Japan right now. You'll need a fast, solid internet connection
How about a 4G mobile internet connection converted into a hotspot? Would that have the required quality (assuming the network coverage is strong)?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just stream those games from a Switch instead with Game Pass?

Not everyone has :
- good internet connection for streaming games at decent quality
- even better connection for streaming at 4K60fps
- the desire to play non-native games

It's an alternative but not what's going to replace, for the time being, traditional way to play games.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty big if true. Should get a switch for that. I wonder how they do it with the limited storage space on switch.

DanteRavenkin

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't have an XBox anymore, but if this is real and I can somehow potentially play Sea of Thieves and Halo: MCC in bed, I'll be in for this Day Zero.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so if xCloud does indeed allow you to stream any game in XB1's entire library- do those games' developers need to approve of this? Can MS just install these games on their servers and start streaming them right out of the box?

That's kind of crazy if you think about it.