• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I got 3 replies today and in the end got my codes direct from them.
It was Bandai Namco uk support. Go onto their website where it says Faq enter about pre order then they will allow you to send enquiry. I was very happy with their service.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It was Bandai Namco uk support. Go onto their website where it says Faq enter about pre order then they will allow you to send enquiry. I was very happy with their service.

Oh, Bandai Namco UK...bleh

Congrats though for getting it.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

Their UK support seems to be very active. Their US support doesn't seem to exist.

I am tempted to pick up a copy from Best Buy but no guarantee on getting a code now right?

If you want a guarantee then you need to buy digital.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Canadian Amazon code as well!

Guess I'll return my EB copy if they don't send a code or just sell them both off if I do.

Geens

Mar 14, 2018
Amazon promised me a code last time I talked to their chat but they never sent it...I'm asking them again. I really wanted this game.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I messaged Best Buy's gaming inbox and immediately received my Ace Combat 6 code (this is at 9PM CST, mind you!) so all is well here. I hope everyone gets their codes soon :)

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Anyone in Australia gotten a code, and if so, where from?
I pre-ordered from Amazon AU and it shipped late, now I'm seeing a comment from one person that it didn't come with any bonuses :/

Thought it was to come with all first prints, but looks to be all over the place from this thread.
I pre-ordered the physical edition from JB Hifi and picked it up on release day. It came with two receipts: one for the game purchase, and one that had the code and redemption instructions on it (with a JB logo at the top).

FWIW, the HD remaster of Ace Combat 5 (Squadron Leader/The Unsung War) is absolutely worth the hassle. The ground detail is comical, but in basically every other way it still holds up as a great game. Do whatever you have to to get it.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
were you able to redeem the code on the web? I was able to for the skins but not the game, I get an error (and not a invalid code or already used code error)
Unfortunately my code wasn't going through on the web, got a similar error code to yours. It said that the code had to be redeemed through the Xbox console, so I did just that and it worked!

Try redeeming it on the console when you get the chance. Lovely old infrastructure, amirite? (^^)

Do you know if this is only for pre-orders or can we do this if we order a copy now?

Sadly the offer only applies to preorders. Your only option to get AC6 on Xbox now is to buy AC7 digitally or find a used copy of 6. Sorry :-(

Nix that, look below!

Last edited:

simtmb

Feb 28, 2018
I pre-ordered the physical edition from JB Hifi and picked it up on release day. It came with two receipts: one for the game purchase, and one that had the code and redemption instructions on it (with a JB logo at the top).

FWIW, the HD remaster of Ace Combat 5 (Squadron Leader/The Unsung War) is absolutely worth the hassle. The ground detail is comical, but in basically every other way it still holds up as a great game. Do whatever you have to to get it.

Thanks for letting me know, it just got delivered so I'll see if a code is included when i get home. If not, will definitely try my best for it.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I am tempted to pick up a copy from Best Buy but no guarantee on getting a code now right?

If you want a guarantee then you need to buy digital.
I messaged Best Buy's gaming inbox and immediately received my Ace Combat 6 code (this is at 9PM CST, mind you!) so all is well here. I hope everyone gets their codes soon :)

See this is what is driving me nuts. I messaged them on Friday and didn't get a response until today via PM. Meanwhile others got codes in the same manner over the weekend using the same tactic. Then I get a response this AM that they don't have codes but are working with the publisher. A Twitter DM was very detailed in backing this up.

Yet here we are with another person getting an immediate code after PM and I'm still getting the runaround.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been hassling EB Games in Australia for my pre-order codes since launch day. "Still haven't arrived" was the word from head office Tuesday arvo.

Fuck this shit.

Emailed Bamco EU and got sorted within 20 minutes.

Geens

Mar 14, 2018
I got my code this morning from Amazon! It was one code that had the plane and skins and also Ace Combat 5 together.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
See this is what is driving me nuts. I messaged them on Friday and didn't get a response until today via PM. Meanwhile others got codes in the same manner over the weekend using the same tactic. Then I get a response this AM that they don't have codes but are working with the publisher. A Twitter DM was very detailed in backing this up.

Yet here we are with another person getting an immediate code after PM and I'm still getting the runaround.

Yeah, I was not expecting this quick of a turnaround at all. I simply went to the link you provided in your other post, PMed the user, and got my code in less than 15 minutes.

No idea how the heck that happened. I was probably really lucky. I hope you get your code soon, tho.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was not expecting this quick of a turnaround at all. I simply went to the link you provided in your other post, PMed the user, and got my code in less than 15 minutes.

No idea how the heck that happened. I was probably really lucky. I hope you get your code soon, tho.

I just printed the return shipping label. The whole thing is absolutely crazy. They have flat out lied to me on both Twitter DM and forum PM. Done with it.

Was your original buy the digital or physical version from BB? They told me they had codes to provide for people that purchased the digital version, but that could just be more bs.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I just printed the return shipping label. The whole thing is absolutely crazy. They have flat out lied to me on both Twitter DM and forum PM. Done with it.

Was your original buy the digital or physical version from BB? They told me they had codes to provide for people that purchased the digital version, but that could just be more bs.
My purchase was for a physical copy and I preordered early December, though I doubt the latter matters. Really sucks that you didn't get a code (or how best buy tried to pretend it didn't come with preorders). Who did you end up going with for Ace Combat 7?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
My purchase was for a physical copy and I preordered early December, though I doubt the latter matters. Really sucks that you didn't get a code (or how best buy tried to pretend it didn't come with preorders). Who did you end up going with for Ace Combat 7?

I purchased it PS4 digital. I'll get it on PC when it hits the sale bin. A merciful internet person that PM'd Best Buy days after I did actually received 2 AC6 codes and sent one to me. So in the end I have the game, but BB still should have sent a code and I would have passed it along in kind. Mostly I'm just frustrated with being a really good BB customer but was fed a lot of garbage.

Yeah man.. I should compile some of the BS I've been fed over 5 days.

Edit: Best Buy has gone back to scrub their forum. They've removed the posts where they were telling users that the Xbox One version didn't come with AC6.

Just got this from BB:

"I understand what you are saying. We look at each case individually and there are many factors that go into what can be done and cannot. I apologize that in your circumstance we are not able to provide you a code immediately. Like I mentioned, we are waiting on more of these codes from the manufacturer and once they have been received, they will be sent out. "

So.. I preordered and received a physical copy. How are my circumstances something out of the ordinary? Anyways, I informed them that I returned it, so that's that. Lesson learned about BB digital preorder items.

Last edited:

Simone

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I contacted Amazon.it, and they told me that as long the Amazon page for the game mentions the pre-order DLCs and game, you'll get it.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I purchased it PS4 digital. I'll get it on PC when it hits the sale bin. A merciful internet person that PM'd Best Buy days after I did actually received 2 AC6 codes and sent one to me. So in the end I have the game, but BB still should have sent a code and I would have passed it along in kind. Mostly I'm just frustrated with being a really good BB customer but was fed a lot of garbage.

Yeah man.. I should compile some of the BS I've been fed over 5 days.

Edit: Best Buy has gone back to scrub their forum. They've removed the posts where they were telling users that the Xbox One version didn't come with AC6.

Just got this from BB:

"I understand what you are saying. We look at each case individually and there are many factors that go into what can be done and cannot. I apologize that in your circumstance we are not able to provide you a code immediately. Like I mentioned, we are waiting on more of these codes from the manufacturer and once they have been received, they will be sent out. "

So.. I preordered and received a physical copy. How are my circumstances something out of the ordinary? Anyways, I informed them that I returned it, so that's that. Lesson learned about BB digital preorder items.

Wow that's bizarre. Thankfully I haven't had any issues yet with BBY digital codes but I think I'll be more cautious with games that offer digital bonuses for preorders.

Corporate really needs better ways to inform their customers -_-

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
I just contacted Target and I'm in limbo now. They're putting in a request to their technical support to resend me a code, but they said that could take 5 to 7 business days to process and I'm not confident the rep was sure of his info. This even got elevated to a senior rep.

This is a stark contrast to the last time it happened where I got moved to a senior rep and that person was on top of it. Insisting they'll get it sorted out and they'll e-mail me with an update. Not only did the code come quick that time, but they e-mailed me as promised and they tried to call me on my phone to tell me too. I was hoping for that level of customer service again.

I guess I wait, but I'm not having much faith I'm getting a code from Target at the moment.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I just contacted Target and I'm in limbo now. They're putting in a request to their technical support to resend me a code, but they said that could take 5 to 7 business days to process and I'm not confident the rep was sure of his info. This even got elevated to a senior rep.

This is a stark contrast to the last time it happened where I got moved to a senior rep and that person was on top of it. Insisting they'll get it sorted out and they'll e-mail me with an update. Not only did the code come quick that time, but they e-mailed me as promised and they tried to call me on my phone to tell me too. I was hoping for that level of customer service again.

I guess I wait, but I'm not having much faith I'm getting a code from Target at the moment.

It's crazy that Bandai-Namco are useless in this mess too.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that Bandai-Namco are useless in this mess too.

Ya, even though retailers are screwing up here, I'm putting this one on Bandai-Namco. There's just way too many problems across the board for it to be simply the retailers fault. It's a shame we're not getting the level of support Bandai-Namco in the UK is giving here in the US.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So Best Buy got me my code for AC6 but it won't redeem on the website. Anyone else having this issue?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So Best Buy got me my code for AC6 but it won't redeem on the website. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. Try redeeming on the console.

Unfortunately my code wasn't going through on the web, got a similar error code to yours. It said that the code had to be redeemed through the Xbox console, so I did just that and it worked!

Try redeeming it on the console when you get the chance. Lovely old infrastructure, amirite? (^^)

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Dang. Just caught up and saw all the issues.

I got lucky since Amazon sent me the codes back on Friday. 1 for Xbox and 2 for PS4 (game and skins).

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Even if it wasn't a licensing issue, I can kind of understand why they wouldn't sell the AC5 port separately, at least not right away.

1. You keep the sanctity of the preorder bonus. Bandai/Namco are one of the few companies that really don't release preorder bonuses separately.
2. This entices fans to buy right away instead of awaiting the inevitable Bandai/Namco pricedrop.
3. Say you loved AC5, yet somehow you missed this window. If AC5 were available for cheaper, maybe you get tempted to buy that instead of a full priced, newer AC game. Let that tide you over until a price drop on the newer game.

Only reason I came to this conclusion is the fact that I played AC5 for like five minutes before I skipped over to AC7. I'm not playing both games at the same time, and with the narrative not being super connected, I can't really justify playing the port first. I'm probably missing out but I'll go back to it later.

No excuse for how this is being handled, though. Still not as bad as that crappy Ni No Kuni Wizard edition fiasco from their own website. I still have that guide they gave us because they screwed up. Still shrinkwrapped. Because I had already bought the guide.

simtmb

Feb 28, 2018
No luck with Amazon AU but Bandai Namco support (EU) came through with the goods. One ticket and a few hours later I got my code for AC5 and the Dynamic Theme :)