• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
who the hell is "slicewrestling".

I heavily suspect they're just leaning in to what has been discussed in the industry since nick khan was brought in - that he seems to be preparing the company for sale - and then making up their own story

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If it means the Trump-boosting scumbag family isn't in charge anymore, this is...a potentially good thing? I guess?

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, they allow hunter to take charge a lil bit more. NXT is enjoyable to watch.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, WWE has a lot of issues, but if they're able to be free of McMahon, that's potentially the first domino to fall and could open the door to further change.

Does someone who knows a LOT more about labor than me know if this would positively or negatively affect the chances that WWE talent could unionize?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Would the McMahon family really let go of this?

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I have never even heard of this dirt sheet.

This seems to be internet -> website -> internet speculation.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
This site legitimate? No one else in the wrestling media is reporting anything this definitive.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Fake. They sell for more than 2 billion. They have 3 separate tv deals worth a billion each in the us alone. Sale price would probably start at 6 billion and go higher. One can only wish this was true

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
The only place I can see discussing slicewrestling articles is reddit, which is 99% people laughing at them and saying they're garbage and almost always wrong

so this one goes in the ignore pile

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But why? Why would Vince want to sell now instead of at any point once the decline in overall interest in WWE started? With how stubborn and proud he is I just can't imagine him selling WWE unless he was flat fucking broke which, given all the Saudi Blood money, I doubt is the case.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way Vince sells WWE for less than UFC got. There are rumors out there of them being up for sale, but nothing by the credible reporters like Meltzer

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how they are worth 2 billion let along 4. Anything beyond 1 and some change is over payiing

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
But why? Why would Vince want to sell now instead of at any point once the decline in overall interest in WWE? With how stubborn and proud he is I just can't imagine him selling WWE unless he was flat fucking broke which given all the Saudi Blood money I doubt is the case.

Weirdly, he would make more money now, as although wwe interest is at a low it hasn't seen since the early to mid nineties, they've got big money tv & streaming deals, plus the blood money stuff. They'd probably make a lot more than slicewrestling is suggesting anyway. While their article is most likely trash, the idea that he is preparing to sell the company is one widely discussed at the moment, because of the moves Nick Khan is making, which is probably what prompted them to make this article up.

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver
This is a combination of the rumor that WWE is selling because of a slew of budget cuts, and an existing relationship between NBCU and WWE because of Raw/NXT/Peacock. This isn't a story.

Hillside

May 11, 2021
I wouldn't even call it a rumor, just speculation. However, WWE does seem to be heading in a new direction with Nick Khan and all the releases lately.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly, he would make more money now, they've got big money tv & streaming deals, plus the blood money stuff. They'd probably make a lot more than slicewrestling is suggesting anyway. While their article is most likely trash, the idea that he is preparing to sell the company is one widely discussed at the moment, because of the moves Nick Khan is making.

I haven't kept up with wrestling in a good number of years so I have no idea what this Nick Khan is doing but yeah, I just find the idea of Vince selling insane lol

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
But why? Why would Vince want to sell now instead of at any point once the decline in overall interest in WWE? With how stubborn and proud he is I just can't imagine him selling WWE unless he was flat fucking broke which given all the Saudi Blood money I doubt is the case.

UFC received 4 billion for their sale. A theoretical WWE acquisition would probably be substantially higher.

Vince is out of his mind, and I won't pretend to know what he's thinking. But the one thing about Vince is that his dream was never to be *just* a wrestling promoter. He wanted to be a media mogul, which is why he always branched out into other things (football, movies, weightlifting) that all inevitably failed. Selling WWE for record profits is probably the last chance for Vince to do that.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Fox desperately paid them a billion for five years so the number makes sense given the decline in ratings and the overall brand.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
NBC/Comcast makes a lot of sense given that Peacock has WWE Network already, plus NBC and WWE have kind of a long history together.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I don't see how they are worth 2 billion let along 4. Anything beyond 1 and some change is over payiing

Advertising revenue. Until the bubble bursts, the company is worth it. Especially since, if NBC buys it outright, they won't have to keep bidding for RAW every time the contract comes up.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

If you look at all the money deals they have, it's understandable. Raw/USA, Smackdown/Fox, PPV/Peacock, and the blood money stuff. There's a lot of internal structural weakness caused by a basic lack of interest in the product, but most of that is Vince's fault, and could probably be turned around if a potential new owner put their own team in and got rid of hhh/hayes/dunn/ace etc.

I haven't kept up with wrestling in a good number of years so I have no idea what this Nick Khan is doing but yeah, I just find the idea of Vince selling insane lol

Yeah, you get the feeling he'll run it till he dies. Nick Khan is the guy who negotiated their big money tv deals, vince was impressed with him and made him president.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I had a friend tell me about this the other day. It's speculation because of the death of the network, and they have been releasing some big contracts lately

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
But why? Why would Vince want to sell now instead of at any point once the decline in overall interest in WWE started? With how stubborn and proud he is I just can't imagine him selling WWE unless he was flat fucking broke which, given all the Saudi Blood money, I doubt is the case.

Probably, and this is just guesswork, he sees it at the final step in solidifying himself as the biggest and most important wrestling promoter ever. He took over a regional promotional, took it national, took it public and finally sold it to a major corporation for what is sure to be the biggest wrestling related sale in history that will probably never be topped. It seems like the kind of 'end' that someone like Vince would want to the story.

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Probably, and this is just guesswork, he sees it at the final step in solidifying himself as the biggest and most important wrestling promoter ever. He took over a regional promotional, took it national, took it public and finally sold it to a major corporation for what is sure to be the biggest wrestling related sell in history that will probably never be topped. It seems like the kind of 'end' that someone like Vince would want to the story.
Makes sense when u realize his kids are in different ventures

Though Isnt steph all wwe

So is triple h

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Can we have an Invasion episode where the CEO of NBC is simulcasting the buyout