• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
tbh, regardless of wether or not this tweet is true, it's like 99% certain a new crash game will release within the next 2 years after how successful the n.sane trilogy was

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last truly great Crash platformer 22 years ago, so we'll see about the qualities of this one.

Hopefully the segmented launch is bullshit though, as if Activision or an IP like Crash Bandicoot needed extra money by Sony to break even.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That'd be awesome, but paid timed exclusives are exhausting. That's a practice I wouldn't mind seeing go away.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
  • The trilogy did N.Sane numbers
  • CTR did great as well and received a lot of support
A new title in the works would be an easy guess, so I'm just gonna wait for the proper announcement. Activision would be crazy not to be working on a sequel for the trilogy already.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason to treat this as anything other than "something a guy on Twitter said"? I don't mind unconfirmed rumors, but not if it's just random speculation from nobody in particular.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
A family game to be a timed exclusive on a new ~$499 console? Eh?

Crash Trilogy made sense given PS4 had already built up a large install base, had several price drops and found a family audience before the game launched. And Switch had only been out a few months.

The climate is totally different now. It's got to be cross gen at least with a PS4 release. But like CTR, I expect it'll be multiplat with PlayStation exclusive content.

Edit: seems the timed exclusivity thing was speculation only by the OP

Edit 2: and thread title changed

Last edited:
OP
OP
SNRUB

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Just for the record, I messed up by confusing "some kind of exclusivity" with "timed exclusive."

So that's my bad.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They told me it's going to be one the games announced together with the PS5. It might have some kind of exclusivity, but this hasn't been defined yet.

If we take the word of this person seriously it doesn't sound like a PS5 exclusive at all, more like some sort of exclusive content going by the wording.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Sony were using Crash heavily late last year in their advertising, so makes sense for it being timed exclusive.

Mar 29, 2018
I just don't see how this could be true at all. I honestly dont see what place a Crash game has in the modern gaming landscape - unless either a mobile infinite runner or... Some other type of game which doesn't fit Crash at all

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will it sell without the nostalgia aspect that propelled the remasters to high sales numbers? I'm gonna say no.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Cautiously optimistic.

As long as they use the art design from the N Sane Trilogy and base music on the same leit motifs, then I can potentially even stomach a move to a Mario style Open World Action Adventure design.

My preference would be a literal Crash 4 that follows the formula the N Sane Trilogy established. But we have to be realistic. A new, non-remake in 2020 will have to do more.

I'm nervous though. It would suck to have a broken heart like Wrath of Cortex onwards again. But I don't think they'll make that mistake. They have made a work based on the original games and they liased closely with the community, so the dev team will not make the same soulless mistakes that the PS2 era devs did.

maxresdefault.jpg
Bahahaha. A screenshot from my GOAT in a thread about a new game in my favourite platformer series. Love it.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
This is a no brainer. Big exclusive and smart decision for multiplat down the pibe

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
If this, Astro Bot 2, and something Insomniac is developing are all PS5 launch window games then Sony might manage to get me onboard.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Sounds like complete bullshit. 3 years in development and PS5 exclusive? Sony must be footing the bill because I can't see Activision ignoring current gen installbase.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Who is the source? And it would likely be a PS4/PS5 game.
That makes slightly more sense, but I would think it would be weird to go back to timed exclusive after CTR wasn't. Not out of the realm of possibility though...
Sony likes to have a family game for its console launches. If they could not prepare Ape Escape 4 or Ratchet and Clank or whatever in time for launch then I could see them paying off Activision to keep Crash off other platforms for a year. Activision is more than happy to accept Sony's money as we've seen throughout this generation.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The PlayStation 5 meeting is starting to get leaks I see. Must mean we are close.

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I just don't see how this could be true at all. I honestly dont see what place a Crash game has in the modern gaming landscape - unless either a mobile infinite runner or... Some other type of game which doesn't fit Crash at all

If it's anything like the trilogy apparently a large place since the remakes sold over 10 million copies.

Will it sell without the nostalgia aspect that propelled the remasters to high sales numbers? I'm gonna say no.

Idk, I have no nostalgia for them and they're now some of my favorite games, so I wouldn't underestimate how well they can sell with or without nostalgia.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Dont like timed exclusivity but it makes sense being crash, cool to see another game made. I still wonder why CTR never came to pc though.

Status
Not open for further replies.