• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
https://nintendoeverything.com/rumo...1-2-0-datamine-shows-new-hint-art-thumbnails/

Version 1.2.0 of Mario Odessey was dataimined and 20 new pictures of Power Moon hint thumbnails were discovered.
super-mario-odyssey-hint-art.jpg
Here's a video for a full explanation.

Looks like more substantial Odessey DLC is in production.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the moon counter will hit 4 digits?

I think I found my new game to go back forever to.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
These look a lot harder than the other hint arts, I'm not gonna figure them out until the update hits!!

Also, if this is how they're gonna do DLC, I'm for it!! Save the new kingdoms for Odyssey 2

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder where they'll put these? Just slap them onto the Dark Side with the other ones maybe?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that these all seem to be in existing kingdoms (unsure but most seem to be at least) makes me think this isn't for DLC, but rather these were scrapped hint art moons that they just decided not to use. Maybe because there were too hard?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that these all seem to be in existing kingdoms (unsure but most seem to be at least) makes me think this isn't for DLC, but rather these were scrapped hint art moons that they just decided not to use. Maybe because there were too hard?
But they seemed to be recently data-mined with the new update, no?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would announce DLC worlds, I have no interest in the Balloon update or new stars added to existing worlds.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I haven't watched the video but the OP wasn't clear on if this was only present in the last update, or if the game was only just datamined in general.

If so then nevermind.
I feel like if it was in the base game we would've known about it before now, dataminers are pretty quick about stuff.

I haven't watched the video, but seems pretty coincidental that this was unearthed right after the update hit

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't really like the art moons all that much.
a cool world that is fun to traverse with some good pipe moons would be preferable

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
That's not how it works. When you use hint art to find a Moon in another Kingdom, that Moon counts towards the total for the Kingdom with the art, not where you found the Moon.

For example, there's a piece of hint art in Seaside Kingdom that tells you to go to Metro Kingdom. When you collect the Moon, it it gets added to the Seaside Kingdom total. These pictures could be found in a hypothetical DLC Kingdom.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If we are going to go by BotW's DLC, I don't think Odyssey will get new kingdoms.

BotW's DLC was about getting the most out of what they already created instead of making entirely new assets. It's why they didn't add any new overworld areas, and instead focused on making new challenges by adding more shrines, another divine beast dungeon and added sidequests to the existing overworld.

Which I know some people will call lazy, but I'm fine with it. Save that stuff for the next entirely new game instead of completely GaaS'ing single player only titles.

The only new kingdom I'd expect from Odyssey is Isle Delfino (it's perfect for DLC). Other than that, if there's a new Kingdom I expect it to reuse lots of assets (like Dark and Darker side in the base game already did)

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, I'm hedging my bets on Delfino Plaza with 40-50 new Moons, 20 of which are found via hint art that's scattered throughout the city.

Plaguefox

Oct 27, 2017
It'll drive me crazy if the Isle-Delphino-shaped bump on the Odyssey's front porch globe doesn't end up being anything.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The most interesting one is the one with Torkdrift and Knucklotec. The only real place they could put it would be in the Mushroom Kingdom, but unless you'd have to find the exact midpoint between the two painting entrances, I have no idea where it could be.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I wish they would announce DLC worlds, I have no interest in the Balloon update or new stars added to existing worlds.
I want the same thing. I haven't gone back to it since going through the story specifically hoping that they would add more areas.

There have been enough updates since I stopped playing anyway so it's still worth my time to go back, but I always feel like there's one Big update on the horizon that I'm waiting for to pull me back in

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope these paintings will be in a new world and not just added to Dark Side.

The most interesting one is the one with Torkdrift and Knucklotec. The only real place they could put it would be in the Mushroom Kingdom, but unless you'd have to find the exact midpoint between the two painting entrances, I have no idea where it could be.
It'd be pretty easy to find the midpoint using the moon markers on your map.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they did say that they were going to update the game with more costumes, so I guess they'll be added along all this.

Hoping to get a new kingdom or two.

Oct 26, 2017
I have between 600-700 moons and I haven't gotten a single one from hint art... I feel like such a failure.

DLC would be awesome!

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, if they really were gonna do Isle Delfino as a DLC stage, wouldn't it made more sense to hold back the Sunshine costume they just added to release alongside it?

Smo_img_002.jpg

I kind of feel like Seaside Kingdom already encroaches on Isle Delfino/Sunshines's aesthetics. If we get new kingdoms, I'd like to see themes not explored yet. For example, the game lacks a proper haunted house level, as well as a suspicious lack of Boos anywhere. Too bad Ruined Kingdom wasn't a full level.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And I just completd it at 100% for the second time, since they added Luigi's minigame (reached rank 50) guess I'll go for the completion a 3rd time!

Jan 29, 2018
I actually didn't do any of the hint art moons. At least not the abstract ones. I'd be all about some new Kingdoms though.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
New moon = new world?

Or they will somehow pack more in the existing ones?

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unless any future DLC for Odyssey comes with more/substantially expanded kingdoms then I'm not really interested. The ratio of pointless filler to substantial content was already off in the base game, adding even more clutter to the existing kingdoms without expanding them doesn't seem like a good move.

Rigbones

Oct 25, 2017
Unless any future DLC for Odyssey comes with more/substantially expanded kingdoms then I'm not really interested. The ratio of pointless filler to substantial content was already off in the base game, adding even more clutter to the existing kingdoms without expanding them doesn't seem like a good move.

Pretty much where I'm at. Some of the hint art moons were clever, but there are too many "ground pound this spot" moons. Usually no platforming involved and there's no replay value in them so I'll pass unless there's something more substantial.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I've combed through all the levels to the point where I don't even enjoy running around and doing tricks anymore. Heck, I'd settle for a level pack of moon cube courses.