• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

From the article:
"I have confidence in my sources to report that it is my understanding that Scalebound has been resurrected as a project to be released as a Nintendo Switch exclusive. Given Microsoft's previous involvement, it remains unclear to me whether development has been completely rebooted from scratch or, at the least, its ambition scaled back – seeing as it's now destined for the nimble, but less powerful, portable home console.
Further to this, I believe that Scalebound is likely to be the "game that's thought to be dead that Nintendo's reviving" that Game Informer senior editor Imran Khan had hinted at on Kinda Funny Games last week. Although, there's the chance that he could have heard about a different project that will be resuscitated.
In the original concept for Scalebound, you were to play as Drew, who, while exploring the dangerous world of Draconis, is bonded to the fearsome and noble dragon, Thuban – the last of his kind. Thrown together by fate, they must defeat the enemies that threaten their world.
As far as I am aware, the Scalebound trademark was renewed but soon had to be abandoned thanks to Microsoft being unable to state what they would use it for. Ultimately, that has left the door open for another publisher to step in and, as part of on-going discussions around the projects that PlatinumGames could work on for Nintendo Switch, it was something that Nintendo expressed interest in."

15515.gif

Also worth adding to the situation:

Another tidbit regarding the trademark:

Last edited:

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Its dead Jim. And secondly, why would anyone care about a game as Jank looking as Scalebound as opposed to a new project in the first place?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest whatever was shown of the original game consistently looked garish and not very fun. That big boss battle where dragons just hovered in mid hair like scaly helicopters just machine gun shooting a giant boss that barely reacted is not exactly what I look to Platinum Games for. It looked like every ho hum mediocre action game out there. If they do bring it back I hope things have changed beyond just adapting it to the Switch's hardware.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly never understood the fascination with Scalebound. That said, I have high hopes about it being something special as part of a Nintendo X Platinum collaboration.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like fanwank.

Platinum make games on Nintendo
Nintendo are resurrecting a dead game
IT MUST BE SCALEBOUND

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
I mean...it's not IMPOSSIBLE. They could make it the same premise under a different name and scale, but still keep most of the original vision (I'd assume online multiplayer would be cut also).

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how poorly the demos on xbone ran, whatever this will look like after resurrection might not resemble anything we've seen so far

asd202

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't buy it, I don't see Platinum making Astral Chains, Bayonetta 3, Babylon Fall AND Scalebound at the same time. Also doesn't Microsoft own the IP?

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Guys, there's a reason I threw RUMOR into the title lol, I personally don't fully see it happening but this is the first article that attaches some "sort of sources" pointing towards Scalebound coming back or whatever. I thought it was worth throwing in as a thread but if mods want to close it, totally understand.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I want it to be more like a "Dragon May Cry" than what they were going for on the Xbox One

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not the -bound game I'd like from Nintendo to bring to Earth but interesting nonetheless.

As if Xbox was drowning in exclusives, especially single player story driven exclusives that are worth a damn, why did they cancel this game again?!

Status
Not open for further replies.